[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Also, how much crystalizers do I need to match speed of 2-alembic arcane furnance, did anyone do the tests? Crystilizers are powered by vis constantly.

No idea. Never found a use for crystalizers, personally. When I convert items to essentia, I store the essentia in jars.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Also, how much crystalizers do I need to match speed of 2-alembic arcane furnance, did anyone do the tests? Crystilizers are powered by vis constantly.
I didn't test, but here is how I had things set up: 1 arcane furnace with 5 albemics on it. One crystalizer per albemic fed vis. Had vacuum chest on ground near the crystalizers feeding into EnderIO conduit that fed into an array of JaBBA barrels (one for each possible type of essentia). I have my mob farm set to put any overflow items and armor/tools into this arcane furnace and burn into essentia.

With a rather large cursed earth spawner this could keep up just fine with turning everything into crystalized essentia. This was much more efficient of storage than having jars for everything when I was still using jars for infusion and alchemy. Now I have everything in AE2 so I'm in the process of turning all that crystalized essentia into digitized essentia :)

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I believe Langer on the official IT2 server is still running his massive (old) base off of 2 RC turbines...

Well, we once had a throium reactor, no idea why it blew up...

Anyway, an upgrade of our powergeneration is underway, next step is a MK3 fusion reactor running on Lithium/Aluminium...

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
As I said earlier, I'm automating machines with AE2 now. Many are done now. Thinking about things like Extruder, is there a decent way to automate and encode insertion of a mold/pattern into the machine and extract it at the end of the recipe run or do I just need to make like 10 extruders? I already resigned myself to making 5 forming presses (one for general use, and 4 specific ones for AE2 circuit parts).

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
As I said earlier, I'm automating machines with AE2 now. Many are done now. Thinking about things like Extruder, is there a decent way to automate and encode insertion of a mold/pattern into the machine and extract it at the end of the recipe run or do I just need to make like 10 extruders? I already resigned myself to making 5 forming presses (one for general use, and 4 specific ones for AE2 circuit parts).

I've never seen a way to automate the insertion/extraction of the non-consumable inputs, unfortunately. As a result, I have 6 extruders, and I occasionally need to swap out the molds in one of them to facilitate mass production of rarely needed processed material. For something like engineering processors, perhaps produce a few stacks for future use?

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting the following error trying to launch 3.1.15. I've already tried completely re-installing once, to no effect. Can anyone give some insight here?

FTB Launcher logs:
[22:32:13] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper]: Unable to launch
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper.injectIntoClassLoader(CoreModManager.java:137) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:213) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.hash.AbstractByteHasher.putBytes(AbstractByteHasher.java:69) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.hash.AbstractStreamingHashFunction.hashBytes(AbstractStreamingHashFunction.java:57) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.patcher.ClassPatchManager.applyPatch(ClassPatchManager.java:97) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.patcher.ClassPatchManager.getPatchedResource(ClassPatchManager.java:61) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.deobf.FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.getFieldType(FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.java:193) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.deobf.FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.parseField(FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.java:170) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.deobf.FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.setup(FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.java:139) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.FMLSanityChecker.injectData(FMLSanityChecker.java:182) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper.injectIntoClassLoader(CoreModManager.java:132) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
... 2 more
Exception in thread "main" [22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLSecurityManager$ExitTrappedException
[22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLSecurityManager.checkPermission(FMLSecurityManager.java:25)
[22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(Unknown Source)
[22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Unknown Source)
[22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.System.exit(Unknown Source)
[22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:138)
[22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
[22:32:14] [INFO] ProcessMonitor.run:43: MC process exited. return value: 1
[22:32:14] [INFO] I18N.setLocale:120: [i18n] enUS English (US) language file loaded!
[22:32:32] Logs copied to clipboard

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
This little essentia units are quite useful in case of alchemy, man. If I wanna have 5 lucrum and 5 vacuos, and don't want to have anything else in my cauldron - I use crystals.

Ah, had forgotten about the basic alchemy setup! Once I realized there was a better setup, I always prioritize the research for the advanced setup.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I've never seen a way to automate the insertion/extraction of the non-consumable inputs, unfortunately. As a result, I have 6 extruders, and I occasionally need to swap out the molds in one of them to facilitate mass production of rarely needed processed material. For something like engineering processors, perhaps produce a few stacks for future use?
The presses are already built and I can run all 4 of them from 1 ME interface rather easily since they are dedicated using eIO conduits and filters.

For the extruders it looks like I'm going to just build 10 extruders. I count 10 extruder plates that I use frequently, another 2 commonly, and the rest I can do manual.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, had forgotten about the basic alchemy setup! Once I realized there was a better setup, I always prioritize the research for the advanced setup.

Actually I don't like the automated alchemy in thaumcraft.. prefer the cauldron way.

I mean.. Its ok for some stuff, like, steel ingots or nitor or whatever you're mass-producing. But in other situations, I prefer the cauldron.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I think Routers could pull from input slots. Course those aren't in the pack. Steve's Factory Manager might be able to do it too, again, not in the pack. Just build all the machines if you want every one of those automated.

I usually get bored before I get to that point, particularly with AE2 over AE. Not that AE2 is boring in comparison to AE, it is just much later in my worlds whereas I used to get AE going after the first couple days of mining. Kind of ruined the mod for me, not being able to use it when I need it most.

Managed to make an autarchic gate, feels good. You only need alloy smelter, wiremill(optional), laser engraver, forming press, mixer, electrolyzer(optional), chemical bath, assembly table, integration table, and some lasers. ONLY.

Last edited:

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I had 2 100% identical fluid thorium reactors and someday one of them was gone but the other reactor is still running.

From my experience these failures 95% of the time depend on the cooling system failing somehow. Depending on your buffer of hot coolant the coolant system for hot coolant don't need much time offline before the reactor goes boom.

It could be a simple chunk loading issue or just the steam generators bugging out. My advice for fluid reactors is to always use nuclear control and set a maximum temperature on the reactor after which it automatically turns off (for instance on if temperature is below 3000). Then no matter what it will never blow up unless you manage to accidently give it a redstone signal somehow :p. Easy to set up and allows for all kinds of overclocked reactor design that does not rely on mark 1 designs. The efficiency and output gains are tremendous for the difficuly of setting up the control system. Also Direwolf20 has several tutorial videos on the subject

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting the following error trying to launch 3.1.15. I've already tried completely re-installing once, to no effect. Can anyone give some insight here?

FTB Launcher logs:
[22:32:13] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper]: Unable to launch
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper.injectIntoClassLoader(CoreModManager.java:137) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:213) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.hash.AbstractByteHasher.putBytes(AbstractByteHasher.java:69) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.hash.AbstractStreamingHashFunction.hashBytes(AbstractStreamingHashFunction.java:57) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.patcher.ClassPatchManager.applyPatch(ClassPatchManager.java:97) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.patcher.ClassPatchManager.getPatchedResource(ClassPatchManager.java:61) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.deobf.FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.getFieldType(FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.java:193) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.deobf.FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.parseField(FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.java:170) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.deobf.FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.setup(FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.java:139) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.FMLSanityChecker.injectData(FMLSanityChecker.java:182) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper.injectIntoClassLoader(CoreModManager.java:132) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1490-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
... 2 more
Exception in thread "main" [22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLSecurityManager$ExitTrappedException
[22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLSecurityManager.checkPermission(FMLSecurityManager.java:25)
[22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(Unknown Source)
[22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Unknown Source)
[22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.System.exit(Unknown Source)
[22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:138)
[22:32:13] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
[22:32:14] [INFO] ProcessMonitor.run:43: MC process exited. return value: 1
[22:32:14] [INFO] I18N.setLocale:120: [i18n] enUS English (US) language file loaded!
[22:32:32] Logs copied to clipboard
1) Try to go to the InfiTech 2 folder, delete usernamecache.json (and usercache.json if present) and try that again.
2) Update Java
If it will not help please provide full log? In launcher console click on upload and send me the generated link. Thanks.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Miner's backpack not working with GT Ores/Dust/Crushed/etc.
Would you be able to test something with that? Go to config/forestry/backpacks.cfg and replace it with this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdhwzy2zeza30z3/backpacks.cfg?dl=0
It should teoreticaly fix the Miners backpack. If it will, please let me know, so I can fix in in the 3.1.16 update (together with the comb processing and stuff)

Also whilst you are at it, can you try to put into the Miners backpack Forestry Bronze Pickaxe (not sure if it is craftable, so cheat it in if you can :) )

Thanks

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, Thorium dust nerf, finally. And I thought that it was too easy. BWAHAHA FIRST I LL MAKE STACKS OF FUEL RODS AND UPDATE ONLY AFTER

About Moon - its kinda lovely. FPS rate is kinda higher then in the overworld. AND I LOOOVE the gravity. Qboots make living there just a pleasure.

Its very nice place for a base. I think its better than the station as moving there is very hard.
And god - that square Earth and Sun with a sky full of stars. Thats just beautiful
By the way, as far as I can see, Moon has just about all resources you need with few exceptions. It has plenty of aura nods too, they are easy to find.
I think its just..moon. its cool being there. I m not sure I can adapt to Earth gravity anymore. Its so unforgiving.
By the way, there is a bug with grappling hook with Qboots - sometimes on impact those boots eat up to a whooping 500k EU. And I wondered where tf are my 10M of energy.

And guys - screw the steam. It sucks after HV. Grab manymany stacks of iron, get a plutonium vein or 2 and as big energy storage as you may get. My base is running on unlimited ~256eu\t from radio-something and I feel that 80M energy storage will hardly get used up in the whole r-life day, not counting the energy generated in the daytime.
Actually, if you havent found it, you can tthermal-centrifuge uranium ore to get small plutonium dusts and you kinda need only 12 plutonium to start MOX - enriching 24 U238 into 4\9 Plutonium with additional ~250eu\t.