[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Its really funny if you look at the measurement in GT... I understand that GT Meter = Block i am fine with that. I am also fine that you are carrying 1x1x1 meter of Gold around in your hand... But honestly... 1 bucket can hold up to 1000L of any liquid? That is nonsense :D Just WHY... WHY put the metric measurement system into Minecraft, when there is already stuff like x per tick (instead of x per seconds) mB (instead of L) etc....

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
Just WHY... WHY put the metric measurement system into Minecraft, when there is already stuff like x per tick (instead of x per seconds) mB (instead of L) etc....
It's SI, man. Bucket is a measure of capacity in world and containers, liters - in inventory. But if in your inventory full of bucket of %fluidname%, you definitely have 27 buckets, not 27 kL, although amount of fluid is 27 kL, yea... Consequently, in Minecraft liquids
quite сompressible, and bucket is measure of quantity like moles, not the volume. Eventually, no one is surprised that gases behave as liquids (steam, calmly stored in tanks e.g.).
What's why i really love Minecraft.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Also, got another issue with my thaumcraft stuff. For some reason, every time I reload my singleplayer world, some of my vis relay nodes get disconnected. Why? What can I do to prevent it? As soon as I replant em, the situation fixes itself.

That happens when the chunk is not loaded 100% of the time.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
That happens when the chunk is not loaded 100% of the time.

One thing to check is that the relays can sometimes show that they are disconnected graphically, but they are actually still working correctly. See if your relays are still sending vis before worrying about breaking them.

In the middle of my base (which has been entirely chunkloaded without a break for several months) I still get relays that show themselves disconnected, but are actually fine.

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I came across another problem in my Infitech adventures.

I have tons of unused yellorium lying around in my SP world, I usually don't build a big reactor, but as they produce steam, I figured I would build one to supplement my EU generation.

My problem is, I don't know where I should get the graphite from... the only solution is to process diamond ore? really? you can create a diamond from coal, but you can't create graphite from it? or did I miss something?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
So, a quick poll.. What's the largest cVis of an energized node you've ever bothered to make? Since I bred all of the bees off the Vis branch I've got numerous nodes (over 18 of them) that will energize to 40 cVis across all primals. Is there anything in the eldritch tab that can even possibly use more than 40 cVis/tick? I feel like I need to get these dang things energized as they're killing my FPS even worse than having a large scale automated factory built in 2 chunks :p

Also, any suggestions on where to put the ones that I plan to keep for wand recharge pedestal? Way up in the sky maybe so they don't render as often? I use a primal staff and a vis recharge amulet to keep it charged up. I guess maybe I could ditch the wand recharge pedestal entirely or cut it down to 1 rather large bright node with all primals and then just put regular vis relays all around my base so I get charged up as I go about my routine. Not too difficult to move vis around now that I can do it with ae2.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Think I'm done with steam for awhile. 64 Basic Steam Turbines -> 16 LV Transformers -> 2 16-slot MV Battery Buffers -> 4 MV Transformers -> 16-slot HV Battery Buffer. Might revisit if I ever get to the point of making top tier fluid conduit "easily".

pbKFnKP.jpg

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
64 basic steam turbines...and I thought my 48 coke ovens were ridiculous :)

Someone who is much better at math than I am should figure out how many RC steam turbines you can build for that steel cost, and how many replacement blades you could have on hand as spares :)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
If the solution isn't zero maintenance/zero upkeep it isn't a solution. :)
My setup isn't too bad for maintenance. The only issue I ever have is that one of my use golems planting the carrots will sometimes get stuck on an vertical essentia tube that goes through the field carrying herba through my farms, because frankly golems are mindless morons. Literally.

I've just about got enough plutionium to make RTG pellets for 32 radioisotope generators. That's 512EU/t of infinite power with zero upkeep. Still trying to figure out how best to daisy chain it all together though :)

I hope to have a MOX reactor up and running before the end of the weekend also. Just finishing up the last of my AE2 machine autocrafting setup and then I'll get to work removing all my coke ovens and using that space for nuclear power generation and more TC automation. Last night I dug out another chunk sized hole under my main factory that's 10 high and started filling it with JABBA barrels with ME storage busses.

Last edited:

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
I don´t know if that´s intentional behavior or not, but simple Neutron Reflectors in a IC2 Nuclear reactor give a higher EU/t output than Iridium neutron Reflectors...

could anyone tell me if that´s how it´s supposed to work?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I came across another problem in my Infitech adventures.

I have tons of unused yellorium lying around in my SP world, I usually don't build a big reactor, but as they produce steam, I figured I would build one to supplement my EU generation.

My problem is, I don't know where I should get the graphite from... the only solution is to process diamond ore? really? you can create a diamond from coal, but you can't create graphite from it? or did I miss something?

Diamond Ore is surrounded by tons of "useless" Graphite Ore, so don't know what the problem is. You should feel lucky you've found a good use for it all. :) Unless you mean you haven't found a Diamond Ore vein yet, which is entirely possible, and quite frustrating indeed. I only found one vein which didn't give me many Diamonds but sure gave me plenty of Graphite.

Yeah, I looked at NEI and I see what you're looking at - the only Ore on the Ore Byproduct List for Graphite Dust is Diamond Ore, but trust me, Graphite Ore gives Graphite Dust too. I often find the "Ore Byproduct List" is incomplete which causes a lot of extra homework and NEI browsing, which is unfortunate. That window should show every ore that can possible produce the item, but it usually doesn't.

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
Diamond Ore is surrounded by tons of "useless" Graphite Ore, so don't know what the problem is. You should feel lucky you've found a good use for it all. :) Unless you mean you haven't found a Diamond Ore vein yet, which is entirely possible, and quite frustrating indeed. I only found one vein which didn't give me many Diamonds but sure gave me plenty of Graphite.

Yeah, I looked at NEI and I see what you're looking at - the only Ore on the Ore Byproduct List for Graphite Dust is Diamond Ore, but trust me, Graphite Ore gives Graphite Dust too. I often find the "Ore Byproduct List" is incomplete which causes a lot of extra homework and NEI browsing, which is unfortunate. That window should show every ore that can possible produce the item, but it usually doesn't.

I haven´t found an Diamond vein yet... but still, it´s annoying that you can´t produce graphite from ashes or coal dust in a way or another...

anyone got some tips how I can locate a Diamond vein? i just used up a bunch of Cobalt pickaxes while mining at layer 10, but haven´t found any...

BTW, how do the drills from gregtech work? i played with gregtech a while ago, back then, they were pretty much useless... got the same durability as pickaxes but were far more expensive to built. is it still the case that they break when reaching 0 Durability or is there a way to repair them?

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Oof, Forestry 4.0 deletes any bees you may have had in an alveary :(

Man, these latest releases are not kind to the bee breeders. I take it that bees in other inventories are okay? So if I remove all the bees from my 64 alvearies, I should be alright when I update?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Man, these latest releases are not kind to the bee breeders. I take it that bees in other inventories are okay? So if I remove all the bees from my 64 alvearies, I should be alright when I update?
Yes, apiaries, bee houses, industrial apiaries, chests, and anything else were fine. I'm guessing it's something with the forestry 4.x update. I also believe that if you put your bees in a chest or something before the update you should be fine.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, apiaries, bee houses, industrial apiaries, chests, and anything else were fine. I'm guessing it's something with the forestry 4.x update. I also believe that if you put your bees in a chest or something before the update you should be fine.
Thanks for the notice, man. I make backups before updates, but you've saved me the time it would have taken me to notice my bees weren't producing anymore!