[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I love this game, but I also hate it too sometimes.
I think that pretty much sums up the feeling that GregoriousT has been trying to instill in his mod consumers since day one. "I'm so damned frustrated, but I can't stop playing and I don't know why"

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I think that pretty much sums up the feeling that GregoriousT has been trying to instill in his mod consumers since day one. "I'm so damned frustrated, but I can't stop playing and I don't know why"

Well its just frustrating when you can't get something to work after hours and hours of trying even tho other people tell you it's really easy to make. I probably just need to take a break and chill for a while.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Well its just frustrating when you can't get something to work after hours and hours of trying even tho other people tell you it's really easy to make. I probably just need to take a break and chill for a while.
You can try one more thing if you havent... Turn the portal by 90 degrees. If not... there is actually one last thing... have the portal one block higher than the rails (make a one block deep hole in front of the portal, and put booster track into it (btw I hope you are applying redstone signal to the booster track so they are actually boosting, and not stopping the track

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I think its working. Apparently, there is a timer or what someone called an "entity cooldown" period for traveling thru nether portals. What I've been doing is making a loop on each end so the cart will go thru the portal, navigate the loop and come right back. While the cart would go thru, I almost always find it stuck inside the portal or on that empty block adjacent to the portal.

But now I've removed the loop. I only send the cart one way, and it works perfectly! Then I travel thru the portal, and send the cart back the other way by flipping a switch.

So I think the issue was "entity cooldown". Since the cart takes a long pause at the Liquid Loader and the Unloader, I don't think the cooldown is an issue except for when I'm trying to test the track out.

Live and learn I guess? Time to set up the lava pump now, and a tank, and see if it does indeed work.

Reactions: Jason McRay

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I think its working. Apparently, there is a timer or what someone called an "entity cooldown" period for traveling thru nether portals. What I've been doing is making a loop on each end so the cart will go thru the portal, navigate the loop and come right back. While the cart would go thru, I almost always find it stuck inside the portal or on that empty block adjacent to the portal.

But now I've removed the loop. I only send the cart one way, and it works perfectly! Then I travel thru the portal, and send the cart back the other way by flipping a switch.

So I think the issue was "entity cooldown". Since the cart takes a long pause at the Liquid Loader and the Unloader, I don't think the cooldown is an issue except for when I'm trying to test the track out.

Live and learn I guess? Time to set up the lava pump now, and a tank, and see if it does indeed work.
Wheee.... Glad you made it work.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Wheee.... Glad you made it work.

Well I got the minecart working, yes, but not the whole pump-loader-unloader thing. Today was a very discouraging day, and its the first time since I began playing where I'm really struggling to continue on with my world. As of now, I have no means of making steam power and the train thing is still a total mess. So I'm gonna take a long break from the game and see how I feel later on. I'm fried and frazzled without certain stuff, maybe GT and Infitech isn't the pack for me after all, even tho it's a great modpack indeed. I miss all my "end game" stuff and don't really enjoy futzing around for an entire day without any results trying to jury-rig some solution to a problem. It makes me wonder why I even play this game, because most people love when they have a problem to solve and they have to figure it out.

Don't take it personally, this happens all the time in every modpack I play. The first week is awesome, but then I reach a point where I begin to get frustrated, lose interest, and eventually just move on to another pack. That's why I get discouraged when everything is "end game"... because I never ever get there in any modpack!!

I also cheated in some stuff (like a creative engine to run my BC lava pump), and that bothers me too. The downhill slippery slope has begun. "Oh, I'll just use this to test my setup, and then I'll delete it and figure out a way to do it legit." Yeah, right. LOL sigh Break time, hope to return someday soon! :D

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Well I got the minecart working, yes, but not the whole pump-loader-unloader thing. Today was a very discouraging day, and its the first time since I began playing where I'm really struggling to continue on with my world. As of now, I have no means of making steam power and the train thing is still a total mess. So I'm gonna take a long break from the game and see how I feel later on. I'm fried and frazzled without certain stuff, maybe GT isn't the pack for me even tho I love Greg's work.
I know how you feel... It is same for me when I am working on some project and I am unable to get it to work. And when I get it to work partially i feel like i dont want to do anything else. Take a break for a day or so is my suggestion :D

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Woo Hoo! EBF is a go! We have Aluminum in Dlur's base (albeit slowly, of course). Now that I'm trying to run an EBF full time I realize that my 10 solar boilers and 36LP RC liquid boiler aren't enough anymore. I guess I'll repurpose some of the blocks from my dismantled BBF into a Bronze Boiler and run it off Alumentum. I think it's also time to rebuild my iron RC steam tank (7x7x7 currently) into a max size steel RC steam tank. Then I'll repurpose the iron tanks for more creosote storage and maybe a diesel storage tank.

If I recall correctly in the MV era you only need a handful of machines: Laser Engraver, Forming Press, Advanced Assembler. Advanced Extruder, Electrolyzer, Magnetic Separator, Cetrifuge, and Fluid Extractor are helpful. Everything else can sort of wait until you push through to HV era no?

Also now that I have the EBF I was able to make annealed copper, which let me craft RE batteries (and more CESUs). The insertion and removal of RE batteries in the CESUs works fine. Just can't automate GT batteries in them. I took all the LV lithium batteries that I had made and just put them in the battery slots of all my LV equipment. Doing this I can sort of bypass the need for GT battery buffers right? If so, I'll continue doing so in the MV era as I have plenty of lithium (2 veins a stone's throw away from my base). It seems like the only reason to use battery buffers would be to ensure I have 4 amps in the line.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
why modpack doesnt support Hardcore Ender Expansion?
I dig with silk touch Ender Powder Ore and cant macerate it into dust.
with fortune 3 from 8 blocks i get 27 ender power
Need I make an issue?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Woo Hoo! EBF is a go! We have Aluminum in Dlur's base (albeit slowly, of course). Now that I'm trying to run an EBF full time I realize that my 10 solar boilers and 36LP RC liquid boiler aren't enough anymore. I guess I'll repurpose some of the blocks from my dismantled BBF into a Bronze Boiler and run it off Alumentum. I think it's also time to rebuild my iron RC steam tank (7x7x7 currently) into a max size steel RC steam tank. Then I'll repurpose the iron tanks for more creosote storage and maybe a diesel storage tank.

If I recall correctly in the MV era you only need a handful of machines: Laser Engraver, Forming Press, Advanced Assembler. Advanced Extruder, Electrolyzer, Magnetic Separator, Cetrifuge, and Fluid Extractor are helpful. Everything else can sort of wait until you push through to HV era no?

Also now that I have the EBF I was able to make annealed copper, which let me craft RE batteries (and more CESUs). The insertion and removal of RE batteries in the CESUs works fine. Just can't automate GT batteries in them. I took all the LV lithium batteries that I had made and just put them in the battery slots of all my LV equipment. Doing this I can sort of bypass the need for GT battery buffers right? If so, I'll continue doing so in the MV era as I have plenty of lithium (2 veins a stone's throw away from my base). It seems like the only reason to use battery buffers would be to ensure I have 4 amps in the line.

As I already told you, annealed copper is a lot cheaper in Arc Furnace. Not only it takes shorter to process, it also requires over 10x less oxygen.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
As I already told you, annealed copper is a lot cheaper in Arc Furnace. Not only it takes shorter to process, it also requires over 10x less oxygen.
Requires building an arc furnace :p I thought about doing so, but it seemed that there weren't many recipes that the LV arc furnace could accomplish that were relevant (other than annealed copper) so I held off and will build a HV one instead I think.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay The modpack is currently on AE2 rv2 stable 10. In rv3 alpha a bug regarding AE2 multiblock controllers causing chunks to stay loaded was fixed, which possibly could be related to some of the lag and phantom chunk load issues we are having on the official server. I'm wondering if it is possible to look at this backport of this bugfix for rv2s10 that was done for dw20?

I discovered this information here.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a good beginners guide to building a nuclear reactor? I've never played 'vanilla' IC2, so I don't have any experience. Has anything changed from vanilla IC2 in gregtech or this pack?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The only changes from vanilla IC2 are some added nuclear modules, such as thorium rods and iridium neutron reflectors (among others)

The ic2 forum itself has excellent nuclear reactor examples. Blackpalt in particular is an absolute genius and is still coming up with new designs these days (he's working on a new MOX design today)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay The modpack is currently on AE2 rv2 stable 10. In rv3 alpha a bug regarding AE2 multiblock controllers causing chunks to stay loaded was fixed, which possibly could be related to some of the lag and phantom chunk load issues we are having on the official server. I'm wondering if it is possible to look at this backport of this bugfix for rv2s10 that was done for dw20?

I discovered this information here.
Hmm.. I am not personally too keen on using unofficial mod versions. We will give it a test for few days

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.. I am not personally too keen on using unofficial mod versions. We will give it a test for few days
Understandable. I'm not sure how long it will be before AE2 rv3 will be out of alpha. Just trying to help come up with ways to help resolve the issues on the official server. So many odd things can happen at the edges of the chunk borders.

Out of curiosity, did you look at the reddit post I linked at the end of my previous post? Some very good info there, I think.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I ran into a bit of a problem with my metal transmutation alchemy setup.

The alchemical construct creates thaumcraft iron nuggets. Whenever I pick up a thaumcraft iron nugget, it transforms into a gregtech iron nugget. This causes problem 1: I can't tell the export bus to only put copper nuggets (my source of metallum) into the system when I have less than X thaumcraft iron nuggets, as they are no longer thaumcraft iron nuggets when I get them to the GUI of the export bus. The thaumcraft Iron nuggets stay as thaumcraft in the AE system until I personally touch them as far as I can tell.

I have it set up now so that the creation of iron nuggets can proceed happily, using a closed cycle of thaumcraft iron nuggets, with excess being sent into my AE system. I also have a recipe set up so that 9 thaumcraft iron nuggets make 1 gregtech iron ingot. If I tell the system to craft this, then it makes me an ingot, and uses thaumcraft nuggets to do so.

The second problem comes when I tell an interface to keep a stack of iron at all times. The interface has a crafting card, but it doesn't seem to make the ingots. It has 4 other items to keep stocked, but they are all crafted correctly as needed.

I need to have a way for the thaumcraft iron nuggets to be converted into ingot form so that I can use the ingots as the way of getting the export bus to stop exporting copper. Any alternative suggestions for processing the thaumcraft nuggets to ingots automatically?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I need to have a way for the thaumcraft iron nuggets to be converted into ingot form so that I can use the ingots as the way of getting the export bus to stop exporting copper. Any alternative suggestions for processing the thaumcraft nuggets to ingots automatically?

A JABBA barrel should translate them to the correct dictionary item for you.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
A JABBA barrel should translate them to the correct dictionary item for you.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't look like that is working for me. I have placed my output from the alchemy into a JABBA barrel using enderIO before it gets sucked out again by enderIO and sent into an interface, but they still get into the AE system as thaumcraft nuggets.

Does it need more time to work perhaps?

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't look like that is working for me. I have placed my output from the alchemy into a JABBA barrel using enderIO before it gets sucked out again by enderIO and sent into an interface, but they still get into the AE system as thaumcraft nuggets.

Does it need more time to work perhaps?

Put in the desired nugget first (GregTech nugget). Then shift right click with empty hand to lock the barrel to that. Then you should be able to put in any oreDict nugget of the same type and the barrel will convert to the first type you put in.