[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine I will get to having a great big bank of machines some day, but at the moment I only have one machine of each type (with a couple of exceptions), so direct input/output makes the most sense for me, and I'm completely filling interfaces with processing patterns as it is

Yes, I agree. You have a great setup there. For my part, I was only considering "machine spam era", which is when I usually start AE2, but that's my quirk. Bad assumption on my part, I have to say.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has been answering questions, this really is a great community here.

Thanks, mate :) We enjoy it.

The pack creator @Jason McRay himself sets a great example.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Came across this while testing turbine updates.

like most GT multiblocks, you can combine them to save resources. In this case you just need to ensure you don't obstruct the 3x3 facing, so this is two turbines front-to-back.

upload_2015-8-12_19-2-51.png

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Nice one Pyure. Also yesterday I learned the hard way that 1 Distillation Tower is NOT enough to supply a Large Heat Exchanger with distilled water..
That's pretty sad, i will need to add small, petty machines to my clean, big row of D.Tower->Heat Exchanger->3 HP Turbines.

Large Heat Exchanger really outputs ludicrous amounts of IC2 steam :D

SBWildFire

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys I'm having an issue trying to make a server for this modpack, I run the serverstart.bat and then I run the minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar but that just makes a vanilla server, when I try the other server jar (server-1.7.10-1208) it seems to do nothing.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nice one Pyure. Also yesterday I learned the hard way that 1 Distillation Tower is NOT enough to supply a Large Heat Exchanger with distilled water..
That's pretty sad, i will need to add small, petty machines to my clean, big row of D.Tower->Heat Exchanger->3 HP Turbines.

Large Heat Exchanger really outputs ludicrous amounts of IC2 steam :D
fwiw, I fixed the closed loop math in development a few days ago. You shouldn't need to "supply" that distilled water after the loop is initialized.

Reactions: MigukNamja

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
i am trying to grow potenia infused seeds, in base version it gain 12 alumentium ~= 3 minutes per seed for 36LP RC
Am I alone in this source of power?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
i am trying to grow potenia infused seeds, in base version it gain 12 alumentium ~= 3 minutes per seed for 36LP RC
Am I alone in this source of power?
Infused seeds are generally a horrible pain to get quickly, also I thought with no tendencies they took over an hour to grow on average? That said I'm pretty sure I've done the maths and at max they average less than a minute to fully grow.

That said what I know of them in case it helps, any tips you have on how to effectively increase tendencies would be useful.

• Tendencies are essentially an input only system, they take in from primals and the only way to lose them from a group of plants is for one to have a total over 50 in which case they'll be automatically removed.
  • Crops only lose and take tendencies from directly adjacent plants, so if you want them to not lose any you can plant them in a checkerboard pattern.
  • They give non-linear returns, most of them are based off the square of the actual number, alot are actually in the form X - n^2 so they're even better.
  • Primal crops can't get tendencies, only compound aspect crops.
  • Tendencies can move at any time, no need to wait for crops to mature.
  • The most important thing I think I know though is aspects can only move to a crop with an equal or lower amount of that aspect, at least I think that's the case.
  • Random useful aspects I remember, full list is here. Note that oredict checks can have the string be anywhere in the oredict but it is case sensitive except for the first character, so "iron" matches anything with "iron" or "Iron" in it.
    • Praecantatio gives you a random shard, oredict based so includes forestry diamond/emerald/apatite shards
    • Lucrum gives you 4 gold ingots
    • Vitreus gives you a diamond
    • Tutamen gives you a random piece of diamond armor
    • Humanus gives a random golem core
    • I think poison gives 16 quicksilver
    • Metallum gives a random iron item, heavily weighted towards being 4 iron ingots but everything else has equal chance of occurring. Note that because of GT this includes hundreds of items as everything is oredicted so there is a chance for every part/ingot/plate/whatever of all the half dozen or so materials with iron in their name. Not useful so much as interesting.
Personally my main use has always just been grabbing vitreus crops for diamonds without needing a diamond vein, slow but vitreus is a tier 1 aspect and you generally don't need that many diamonds so it's quite useful. As mentioned I've never really figured out how to get them decent growth speed so I've never really been able to use them seriously.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys I'm in a pickle (look at my avator for confirmation).

I tested Distillation Tower -> Large Heat Exchanger in both SP and SMP. In SP the tower seems to be producing enough distilled water to fuel the exchanger. However, on the server, even though I made 2 auxiliary LV distilleries, I slowly but surely run out of distilled water.

Why the difference? Any ideas?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok guys I'm in a pickle (look at my avator for confirmation).

I tested Distillation Tower -> Large Heat Exchanger in both SP and SMP. In SP the tower seems to be producing enough distilled water to fuel the exchanger. However, on the server, even though I made 2 auxiliary LV distilleries, I slowly but surely run out of distilled water.

Why the difference? Any ideas?
See my reply to you earlier.

Specifically: its fixed in development. Blood Asp, who is my jedi master, is tinkering with it to make sure I didn't blow up his shit too badly before releasing it.

(server vs single-player shouldn't make a difference, I can't actually account for that. But it was definitely broken)

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure I understand. So in the next version you will only insert an initial amount of distilled water and it will be looped around? Or what?

Also I took a closer look at it (in SMP) and it seems like the LHE (yep) is taking the water slowly at the beginning, but more and more quickly over time. Is that a bug?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not sure I understand. So in the next version you will only insert an initial amount of distilled water and it will be looped around? Or what?

Also I took a closer look at it (in SMP) and it seems like the LHE (yep) is taking the water slowly at the beginning, but more and more quickly over time. Is that a bug?
The LHE does spin up over time, so as its creating more steam, it will consume more distilled water. That's not a bug. But it wasn't always doing the ratio 100% correctly.

LHE + Turbine should always be a closed loop of some sort: The water shouldn't be lost. So:
  • for every mB of distilled water that is consumed by the LHE, 160mB of steam or superheated steam should be created.
  • for every 1 mB of superheated steam that is consumed by the HP Turbine, 1 mB of regular steam should be created.
  • for every 160 mB of steam that is consumed by the Turbine, 1 mB of distilled water should be created.
Note that you can cut out the HP Turbine and still have a closed loop, since it consumes and generates 1:1.

This should work better in a subsequent released version, yes.

Reactions: Aiwendil

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Edit: I didn't explicitly answer your question there. Once there's enough distilled water in the system, yes, you shouldn't have to keep supplying it any longer. Be advised that its "possible", by constantly breaking the turbine multiblock, to lose an occasional mB of distilled water, because it tracks a "fraction" of a mB as needed. So don't do that :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It should, yes, right now. But possibly not at a perfect 1:160 ratio at all times.

(But yeah to answer your real question, there's your quick fix: add an output hatch to your turbine, and just about any distillation setup you have will keep up just fine)

Reactions: MigukNamja

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just tried it (version .26) and the second hatch outputs normal steam or nothing at all.

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
It should, yes, right now. But possibly not at a perfect 1:160 ratio at all times.

(But yeah to answer your real question, there's your quick fix: add an output hatch to your turbine, and just about any distillation setup you have will keep up just fine)

Like BR, right ? Just gotta 'prime the pump' with BR, and it preserves water/steam.