[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
This is not true. If you screwdriver the output you can input stuff using the output side. I'm doing this by conduits and works perfect.

@SteelGiant
I suggest using interfaces only on machines you actually want to autocraft in. For other I use item conduits which take stuff into one interface which imports into the system. This way you save space, energy and resources. Just use a separate channel for that (i use yellow)

Thanks to you and everyone else who helped me out with this.

Screwdrivering the machines and allowing input from the output side did indeed fix my problems. Are there any problems with doing this? I can imagine with buildcraft pipes you could get items being bounced back into a macerator and destroyed, but with interfaces everything should be ok I think?

As for only using interfaces on autocrafting machines: that is my current plan, I'm autocrafting with all of these so far.

My issue is now that I have no idea why it worked in the first place, as I'm sure I didn't imagine it...

As another general question, does anyone have any tips for how to make sure you get the items into the right slots in machines like the alloy smelter and assembler? Like I don't want to have a situation where both slots get full of one type of material. I am aware of gregtech covers that say they can set what slot they fill, but I never got them to work when I tried them a year ago.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
As another general question, does anyone have any tips for how to make sure you get the items into the right slots in machines like the alloy smelter and assembler? Like I don't want to have a situation where both slots get full of one type of material. I am aware of gregtech covers that say they can set what slot they fill, but I never got them to work when I tried them a year ago
I don't think gregtech machines can be filled up with 2 stacks of the same item automatialy.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think gregtech machines can be filled up with 2 stacks of the same item automatialy.

Some can, like centrifuges (which doesn't stop them from working), but not machines with recipes that involve 2 different items, like assemblers and alloy smelters. Also AE2 is a lot smarter in this regard than AE1 and you can safely autocraft several items in the same machine at the same time. This was impossible in AE1 for stuff like circuits since the machine would very often get stuck with 2 items from different crafting steps (which had to be dealt with by builting intricate sub-systems and using 1 machine for 1 recipe only), but now AE2 insert both items at the same time and it correct quantities, so don't worry.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
This is not true. If you screwdriver the output you can input stuff using the output side. I'm doing this by conduits and works perfect.

Yes. "Normally" implied sans screwdriver.

@SteelGiant
I suggest using interfaces only on machines you actually want to autocraft in. For other I use item conduits which take stuff into one interface which imports into the system. This way you save space, energy and resources. Just use a separate channel for that (i use yellow)

That's what I do, too. eIO conduits have a lot of colors, and when you run out of colors, you can make another network and use all the colors over again.

Last world, I had about 100 machines (this was pre-Processing Array), and none of them had AE2 hooked up to them directly. I used a line of chests to buffer betweeen eIO and AE2. The chests were labeled with 'macerate', 'ore wash', 'sift', 'centrifuge', 'blast furnace', etc.,. so I knew which chest to insert into manually.

Reactions: Aiwendil

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
My issue is now that I have no idea why it worked in the first place, as I'm sure I didn't imagine it...

You didn't imagine it all. And, you don't have to rotate the auto-eject side to be the same side as the AE2 bus (interface) or eIO conduit. You can use any *other* side beside the auto-eject side or the front 'face' of the machine.

But, yes, if you're using an AE2 interface block as opposed to one of the little buses, and you wish to *use* the auto-eject feature of GT machines, yes, you have to use that one specific side and you have to screwdriver it.

I put the auto-eject side against my GT power cable and push/pull/inject/extract into any of the other sides, usually the top or bottom since it's more compact like that with a line of machines. I use eIO for both insertion and extraction (same connection), and cover it with an eIO 'painted' block. It's clean and compact.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
But, yes, if you're using an AE2 interface block as opposed to one of the little buses, and you wish to *use* the auto-eject feature of GT machines, yes, you have to use that one specific side and you have to screwdriver it.

I'm not 100% sure it's still a feature but it probably is - you wrench the interface block to face the block you want it to put stuff in (there's an arrow). Maybe that's why it worked before - you had the interface facing the right way.

Also you asked before about a way to insert items into a specific slot. You're looking for GT Regulators. They're invaluable for automating electrolyzers and centrifuges - you set the slot AND amount of items that will be put in at a time.

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
Last world, I had about 100 machines (this was pre-Processing Array), and none of them had AE2 hooked up to them directly. I used a line of chests to buffer betweeen eIO and AE2. The chests were labeled with 'macerate', 'ore wash', 'sift', 'centrifuge', 'blast furnace', etc.,. so I knew which chest to insert into manually.

I have done this as well. One of the only ways I could come up with to hook IC2 machines up with logistics pipes to support large autocrafting needs without a large quantity of machines. Ender chests makes this even more expandable. I had an array of 5 ender chests that all fed into a couple souped up metal formers from IC2. I gave it ingots/plates and it gave me plates/casings/cable. All plate/casing/cable recipes were supported and requestable. It was a fun build.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also you asked before about a way to insert items into a specific slot. You're looking for GT Regulators. They're invaluable for automating electrolyzers and centrifuges - you set the slot AND amount of items that will be put in at a time.
the only obstacle is working your head around the interface :p

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
I'd much rather see tree farms become progressively less useful over time than get rid of them. It should be a scenario where the first 512 eu/t are simple to put together with charcoal, but to get 1028 eu/t you'd need (for instance) 4x as much tree-farm. And so forth. Players can still do it, but there's a strong incentive to modernize.

And that people said that Greg tech energy generators inefficiency is bad.
Vanila GT generators nerf efficiency tier by tier. And all of U says that GT generators are bad.

Borisigor

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyone who is good at art? I am looking for someone to make me nice looking main menu background for the pack. PM me if you are interested in it.

Thanks
I was not able to PM you because of some spam detection. But if you are interested in art then my Fiance does digital art and might be able to do something for you. See if you can PM me if you want to send me details.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Some can, like centrifuges (which doesn't stop them from working), but not machines with recipes that involve 2 different items, like assemblers and alloy smelters.
I have a barrel with hopper upgrade into a centrifuge and it never filled up the second slot.

The logistics pipe supplier pipe can do the same with the placement upgrade.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
R
I have a barrel with hopper upgrade into a centrifuge and it never filled up the second slot.

The logistics pipe supplier pipe can do the same with the placement upgrade.

Yes 2 stacks of the same item wont be pushed but 2 different types will. I think it that case the left stack is processed and the other is "waiting"

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. "Normally" implied sans screwdriver.

That's what I do, too. eIO conduits have a lot of colors, and when you run out of colors, you can make another network and use all the colors over again.

I imagine I will get to having a great big bank of machines some day, but at the moment I only have one machine of each type (with a couple of exceptions), so direct input/output makes the most sense for me, and I'm completely filling interfaces with processing patterns as it is

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has been answering questions, this really is a great community here.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I was not able to PM you because of some spam detection. But if you are interested in art then my Fiance does digital art and might be able to do something for you. See if you can PM me if you want to send me details.

As a heads up you won't be able to use convos regardless of who starts them until you get five to ten posts on the forums. Due to an influx of spam bypassing our filter it was changed from anyone posting links before five posts to anyone posting. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: You just hit five posts, you should be good to go if I'm remembering the system correctly.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Beta modpack has hit an update v3.1.6.2 (code "17infitechbeta")
Changelog
: here

Main feature: I just got rid of almost 200 pages of NEI, thanks to all of you who "bothered" me with adding INpureCore. :D
Oh and slight support with PneumaticCraft + AE2 Logistic System.

As all beta versions: This has not been tested. It might work, it might break. Use with caution :)