[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Pyure
IRL, which is hypothetical relative to Minecraft, sadly.

@Jason McRay
I wasn't this interested in fission and fusion IRL until I started playing this pack, which is...

@Blood Asp
Also my first pack with GT :)
* Can someone explain to me how we currently get deuterium in GT?
* Can someone explain to me how we could theoretically get it from ocean water in GT if we were inclined to add another machine or two?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
* Can someone explain to me how we currently get deuterium in GT?
* Can someone explain to me how we could theoretically get it from ocean water in GT if we were inclined to add another machine or two?

In Minecraft, Deuterium is obtained from Hydrogen in an LV Centrifuge.

16mB Hydrogen for <1 sec @ 20 EU/t, 1 Amp makes 4mB Deuterium.

To get Hydrogen from (ocean) water, you electrolyze it.

3,000mB of water for 75 secs. @ 30 EU/t., 1 Amp makes 2,000mB Hydrogen and 1,000mB Oxygen.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Yes this is very similar to how it was in GT4, actually. But we didn't have awesome processing arrays so a deuterium/tritium processing line always ended up huge.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Yes this is very similar to how it was in GT4, actually. But we didn't have awesome processing arrays so a deuterium/tritium processing line always ended up huge.

Ah, I still remember my almost-done BEE FUSION reactor, deuterium/helium reaction. I just didn't have time to finish it because Jason closed the server :( And everything was ready to go..

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, it looks like the starter MkI fusion recipe isn't that difficult in terms of concept, just lots and lots and lots of centrifuges and electrolyzers (now in processing arrays as @Aiwendil said).

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I must be going insane. I had an AE processing pattern set up and working using an interface attached to a gregtech machine, but then suddenly it has stopped working.

My setup is an interface attached to the side of a bending machine. This face is set in the machine UI to be the export face as well. I tested this a few times with a steel ingot -> steel plate processing pattern and it was working, ingot went in, plate came out into the AE system. Now the crafting hangs with 1 steel ingot "stored" and 1 steel plate "scheduled" when looking at the crafting cpu. It does not attempt to put the ingot in the bending machine. If I put the interface on the bottom of the machine then it does input the ingot, but of course can't output anywhere. If I put the interface on the bottom and output to the bottom then again it doesn't stick the ingot in, same as on the side. I have tried this with all 4 combinations of auto-input/output enabled/disabled via hitting it with the metal hammer, and it doesn't work with them either.

I have broken my network down to the simplest possible isolated case so now it is just a crafting terminal, the interface with the processing pattern, a drive with an 1k cell (containing 1 steel ingot), a 4k crafting unit and power.

(The bending machine is set to output to the bottom in this case http://imgur.com/bohjr4B)

I can't understand how I can go from a system working with the exact same setup for multiple machines to now the simplest possible case failing for just one. Anyone have any thoughts?

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I got so interessted in GT because of fusion xD

Anyway, in a RL fusion reactor Tritium would be bred in the reactorwalls, by the neutrons emitted by the fusion. Since you wont get 100% efficency they would need some kind of amplifier, that emmits more neutrons if its hit by one...

Reactions: MigukNamja

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys, need help.

Can someone independently tell me what the optimal flow rate for the Large Gas Turbine should be with a Large Titanium Rotor (24000L) and Methane Gas?

I calculate 26 L/t but need confirmation. Am finalizing last touches on Large Gas Turbine code tweaks.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, need help.

Can someone independently tell me what the optimal flow rate for the Large Gas Turbine should be with a Large Titanium Rotor (24000L) and Methane Gas?

I calculate 26 L/t but need confirmation. Am finalizing last touches on Large Gas Turbine code tweaks.
Flow rate for large turbine should be 3000x the speed, according to the pickaxe page on the wiki speed is 8 so 24000L as mentioned. So that should be an output of 24k EU/s for a gas turbine or 1200EU/t. Also according to the wiki one methane cell is worth 45k EU so 1200/45000 is 0.02666... cells per tick which as each cell is 1000L would be 26.666... L/t of methane. Your maths does seem to be correct.

Reactions: Pyure

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Ok, I must be going insane. I had an AE processing pattern set up and working using an interface attached to a gregtech machine, but then suddenly it has stopped working.

My setup is an interface attached to the side of a bending machine. This face is set in the machine UI to be the export face as well. I tested this a few times with a steel ingot -> steel plate processing pattern and it was working, ingot went in, plate came out into the AE system. Now the crafting hangs with 1 steel ingot "stored" and 1 steel plate "scheduled" when looking at the crafting cpu. It does not attempt to put the ingot in the bending machine. If I put the interface on the bottom of the machine then it does input the ingot, but of course can't output anywhere. If I put the interface on the bottom and output to the bottom then again it doesn't stick the ingot in, same as on the side. I have tried this with all 4 combinations of auto-input/output enabled/disabled via hitting it with the metal hammer, and it doesn't work with them either.

I have broken my network down to the simplest possible isolated case so now it is just a crafting terminal, the interface with the processing pattern, a drive with an 1k cell (containing 1 steel ingot), a 4k crafting unit and power.

(The bending machine is set to output to the bottom in this case http://imgur.com/bohjr4B)

I can't understand how I can go from a system working with the exact same setup for multiple machines to now the simplest possible case failing for just one. Anyone have any thoughts?
Did you use a screwdriver to set the machine to allow input and output on the same side?

Reactions: MigukNamja

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyone who is good at art? I am looking for someone to make me nice looking main menu background for the pack. PM me if you are interested in it.

Thanks

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Did you use a screwdriver to set the machine to allow input and output on the same side?

@SteelGiant
To add to what Ieldra said, I don't think you can normally input into the (output) side of a GT machine. In general, you can input into any side except the controller face (front) and the output side, which can be moved to a different side, top, or bottom with a wrench.

I usually put my output side on the same side as the power input unless I'm using the white or orange export button in the UI.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Flow rate for large turbine should be 3000x the speed, according to the pickaxe page on the wiki speed is 8 so 24000L as mentioned. So that should be an output of 24k EU/s for a gas turbine or 1200EU/t. Also according to the wiki one methane cell is worth 45k EU so 1200/45000 is 0.02666... cells per tick which as each cell is 1000L would be 26.666... L/t of methane. Your maths does seem to be correct.
Thanks kindly.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
@SteelGiant
To add to what Ieldra said, I don't think you can normally input into the (output) side of a GT machine. In general, you can input into any side except the controller face (front) and the output side, which can be moved to a different side, top, or bottom with a wrench.

I usually put my output side on the same side as the power input unless I'm using the white or orange export button in the UI.

This is not true. If you screwdriver the output you can input stuff using the output side. I'm doing this by conduits and works perfect.

@SteelGiant
I suggest using interfaces only on machines you actually want to autocraft in. For other I use item conduits which take stuff into one interface which imports into the system. This way you save space, energy and resources. Just use a separate channel for that (i use yellow)