[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Here an impression of my fusion facility:

GTFusion1.jpg

GTFusion2.jpg

What you're seeing (description taken from the second picture):
(1) The processing array clusters (8 each) in the background make hydrogen from water (right) and deuterium from hydrogen for the tritium production (left).
(2) The processing array clusters (2 each) in the tokamak ring make deuterium from hydrogen for directly feeding the reactor (right) and tritium from deuterium for feeding the reactor (left).
(3) The four transformer/battery clusters feed the reactor's 16 energy hatches. I'll only need one of the clusters for power generation, the others are needed for making metals in endothermic processes. Since the reactor does not generate power with endothermic processes (naturally), there are enough battery buffers for 32 lapotronic energy orbs. Using more than 16 requires a cable upgrade though, and anyway at the moment I have only 10 - these things are expensive and each of the processing arrays has one built-in.
(4) In the background there is the plasma generator. I am aiming for not more than 100% efficiency so I won't need to make a ZPM dynamo hatch and a set of added transformers. I haven't actually built the turbine rotor yet - tungsten rotors have 105% efficiency and just the right stats but I don't want to upgrade to the next tier just for 5% more power.
(5) The three cables going up to the ceiling will go away after the reactor is activated. They supply a small part of the processing arrays with power from my current grid. One cable going off the turbine will replace them.

BTW: which madman came up with the recipe for blue steel? I had to add ten crafting patterns to my ME network just for that.

Could you tell me how many machines you're using? I did some calculation on a piece of paper (always do that for big projects :D) and came up with 160 lv centrifuges for deuterium, 32 mv centrifuges for tritium and 19 lv electorlyzers for hydrogen.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Could you tell me how many machines you're using? I did some calculation on a piece of paper (always do that for big projects :D) and came up with 160 lv centrifuges for deuterium, 32 mv centrifuges for tritium and 19 lv electorlyzers for hydrogen.
It was 120 MV (?? check the recipe for MV/HV, I'm not at home atm) electrolyzers for extracting hydrogen from water, 128 LV centrifuges for making the deuterium that will be further refined into tritium, 32 LV centrifugres for the deuterium that goes directly into the reactor, and 32 MV centrifuges for making tritium. Regarding the differences in the calculation for hydrogen production, you need 512 + 128 = 640 L deuterium in 16 ticks, which means you need 2560 L of hydrogen every 16 ticks. One electrolyzer makes 2000L every 75 seconds. Which means one electrolyzer makes 2560 L of hydrogen every 96 seconds, so you'll need 96*(20/16) = 120 electrolyzers for hydrogen production.

I've been calculating with 128 L reactor fuel instead of 125 because it's easier.

What does it say about me that I recall those numbers without looking into my game or my spreadsheet, about two weeks after I've left the pack?

Last edited:

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
One electrolyzer makes 2000L every 75 seconds. Which means one electrolyzer makes 2560 L of hydrogen every 96 seconds, so you'll need 96*(20/16) = 120 electrolyzers for hydrogen production.
If you are using Electrolyzed Water Cell its a little bit faster.
1x Water Cell -> 1x Electrolyzed Water Cell 24sec
3x Electrolyzed Water Cell -> 2x Hydrogen Cells + 1x Oxygen Cell 1sec
3 * 24s + 1s = 73s

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the mods I have added add separate tech trees - for example, Rotarycraft and Reactorcraft, which both use an energy production system nothing like EU or RF. Apart from that I added TE, mainly because I like my aqueous accumulators and tesseracts, and some little things. I like the progression thing, I have always felt like many mods are too easy. I also discovered that I can smelt Natura trees into charcoal, although they are sligtly more difficult to farm. I'd use coal but the only coal I've found so far (in an extreme hills biome even) was a lignite vein.

I like Reika's mods. I just wish they could be massaged a bit so that they fit well in a pack like this. Replace HSLA with gregtech steel (not because it is more realistic, but because using gregtech steel enables more early game play and gate's rotarycraft effectively), tungstensteel instead of tungsten. etc. Basically, integrate rotarycraft with gregtech. This effectively eliminates the extractor though; something I would like. I think Mekanism has done this kind of ore quadrupling better. IMHO, such a thing should require many machines used intelligently instead of 1 machine; yes I am well aware of the power issue that needs solving with the extractor.

I think reactorcraft would add a new end game power tier above gregtech fusion; that tocamak is awesome. I personally like reactorcraft's heavy water processing too. There is alot of integration possibilities but without the ability to use minetweaker on reika's mods, a pack like this misses out.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
If you are using Electrolyzed Water Cell its a little bit faster.
1x Water Cell -> 1x Electrolyzed Water Cell 24sec
3x Electrolyzed Water Cell -> 2x Hydrogen Cells + 1x Oxygen Cell 1sec
3 * 24s + 1s = 73s
That would need two additional processing steps though, which would need to be powered and probably required another set of processing arrays. In the end, the complete facility would likely end up less efficient rather than more.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
That would need two additional processing steps though, which would need to be powered and probably required another set of processing arrays. In the end, the complete facility would likely end up less efficient rather than more.
The LV FLuid Canner is already pretty fast so I think 2 HV Fluid Canner should be more than enough.
I thought its about speed?

Btw the energy cost when using the fluid water or the electrolyser water cell is the same.
The only increase in energy cost is the Fluid Canner but thats only 16eu to empty 1 cell.

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I like Reika's mods. I just wish they could be massaged a bit so that they fit well in a pack like this. Replace HSLA with gregtech steel (not because it is more realistic, but because using gregtech steel enables more early game play and gate's rotarycraft effectively), tungstensteel instead of tungsten. etc. Basically, integrate rotarycraft with gregtech. This effectively eliminates the extractor though; something I would like. I think Mekanism has done this kind of ore quadrupling better. IMHO, such a thing should require many machines used intelligently instead of 1 machine; yes I am well aware of the power issue that needs solving with the extractor.

I think reactorcraft would add a new end game power tier above gregtech fusion; that tocamak is awesome. I personally like reactorcraft's heavy water processing too. There is alot of integration possibilities but without the ability to use minetweaker on reika's mods, a pack like this misses out.
RoC/ReC have a completely different design philosophy. GT has very complex crafting using a large variety of different materials and very complex crafting chains using a variety of different machines. Those parts - resource acquisition and crafting - are very easy in RoC/ReC, where the focus lies more on figuring out how to use and power your machines efficiently once you've got them, and in that RoC/ReC add more complexity with things like the two-dimensional power system, the continuously variable speed of processing, the temperature mechanics and the fact that each tech tier has different machines. I'd say while these mods can co-exist comfortably in the same pack, they can't be integrated with each other in a meaningful way.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if anyone did try or at last calculate the alternative tritium production way?
Unless I'm blind the only way of getting tritium was deuterium.
Or was there another way using helium? (can't check atm) If so, it's not viable since I want to use renewable sources, and endstone isn't one of them.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
In the Real World (IRL), Helium is extremely rare on earth. It's plentiful in stars via fusion of Hydrogen, but our civilization is not at the level yet where we can mine Helium in/from the sun or other stars. Perhaps we can make Helium in a fusion reactor on earth.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In the Real World (IRL), Helium is extremely rare on earth. It's plentiful in stars via fusion of Hydrogen, but our civilization is not at the level yet where we can mine Helium in/from the sun or other stars. Perhaps we can make Helium in a fusion reactor on earth.
Pretty simple if you have minechem (which we did once), and probably @Xavion's scripting for GT integration (I'm guessing he figured out a solution for liquids/gasses)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't ever a big fan of Minechem for this pack, even after the heavily-worked integration. It (still) felt a too much EE-ish.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Unless I'm blind the only way of getting tritium was deuterium.
Or was there another way using helium? (can't check atm) If so, it's not viable since I want to use renewable sources, and endstone isn't one of them.
Lithium to Tritium in IC2 reactor.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Wasn't ever a big fan of Minechem for this pack, even after the heavily-worked integration. It (still) felt a too much EE-ish.
Oddly I loved the fact that it was like a sciency, power-hungry EE.

For my part, the big downside was that it was too easy to get many materials.

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
@WSSSSS
RoC/ReC have a completely different design philosophy. GT has very complex crafting using a large variety of different materials and very complex crafting chains using a variety of different machines. Those parts - resource acquisition and crafting - are very easy in RoC/ReC, where the focus lies more on figuring out how to use and power your machines efficiently once you've got them, and in that RoC/ReC add more complexity with things like the two-dimensional power system, the continuously variable speed of processing, the temperature mechanics and the fact that each tech tier has different machines. I'd say while these mods can co-exist comfortably in the same pack, they can't be integrated with each other in a meaningful way.

I agree 100% that the integration I am talking about is not within the "spirit" of those mods but it is within the "spirit" of this pack. The usability complexity is also within the "spirit" of this pack.

I would like material unification. That will alter progression a little bit... unfortunately. Altering the recipe for HSLA to require gregtech steal in the blast furnace instead of iron for instance, preserves the complexity gregtech adds to those progression systems without compromising the progression in rotarycraft. Tungsten is another story and would break progression though.

Essentially I would like to use RoC/ReC as power systems and not for processing. Integration, IMHO, could be similar to bigreactors. Altered on the edges but retained inside.

In any case. When I was playing/watching the Industrial Rotation pack, I couldn't help but feel like it wasn't cohesive. I really wish it could be...

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Oddly I loved the fact that it was like a sciency, power-hungry EE.

For my part, the big downside was that it was too easy to get many materials.
With UUMatter we already have a power hungry method of getting other resources.

(Stupid EE ... EE2 was overpowered and EE3 is also overpowered)