[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm assuming it's feasible to stay pure GT and skip MFSUs, but please confirm. Reason I ask is I just got my 1st MOX reactor setup at 80% heat and ~660 EU/t, but I got nowhere to send all that lovely power ! I think I can produce Energy Orbs with my 512v tiers of machines, but am not 100% sure.
You can accept power directly into a GT transformer if you want. In this case you want one of the two transformers that can handle 2048 eu/t. I prefer to up-transform in this scenario rather than down-transform, since you lose less power in transmission.

Also, any downside to running a MOX at 80% ? So far, it's been sitting powered off at 80% for about 2 hours now and no block damage - just hurty if I get too close. At 85%, blocks around would catch on fire or turn to lava - not good ! I re-built the reactor and it's now 80% heat.
The downside at 80% is the damage you take by walking close to it. No blocks will turn to lava or catch fire (maybe wood? haven't tested that)

Reactions: MigukNamja

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
So far, I'm pure GT and not using IC2 power storage at all. In previous worlds, I've gone through MFSUs as an intermediate step between 512v 'Large' batteries and 8192v Energy Orbs.

I'm assuming it's feasible to stay pure GT and skip MFSUs, but please confirm. Reason I ask is I just got my 1st MOX reactor setup at 80% heat and ~660 EU/t, but I got nowhere to send all that lovely power ! I think I can produce Energy Orbs with my 512v tiers of machines, but am not 100% sure.
As far as I know the Lapotron Crystals are the 2048v batteries and I see no reason to skip them because gregtech is still just an addon for ic2 and not standalone :p

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Hm .... this tier 3 fusion is so fucking expensive (compared to tier2 fusion)

It needs 2 stacks americium which need 2 stack lutetium and you can only get lutetium from depleted thorium cells....

1 Uran Cell in a reactor takes 2 hours and 47 minutes real time -> Thorium is 5 times longer = 835min = 13h 55min

So when using this http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...552wxr78xai85h87h5f5sr2wbxfivpap2vu79muqueeps
5 Quad Thorium Cells in a reactor get you 5 Lutetium every 14hours ...

128 / 5 = 25,6
You need 25,6 cycles to get the lutetium for tier 3 fusion

25,6 * 835min = 21376min = 356,26 hours = 14,84 days
You "only" need to run your thorium reactor for 2 weeks nonstop to get tier3 fusion Oo

I should have started with a thorium reactor long before making fusion ...
Does anyone have a better thorium reactor design with more thorium cells (i don't care about efficency)?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So use a reactor better suited for it, for example just from randomly trying some stuff I can get 63 thorium cells into a stable reactor which cuts that time by two thirds. Code is a8h8kf2nik46st9y0g7e3qpzjdfz8zc2yno98f3bzxwa8whptjs027uka0cmt5g46bznb06rn7ctw5c

I'm sure with effort you could push that number even higher, I just used cells and advanced heat vents after all. That's before even considering active cooling which could push things up a lot further, really it seems like as long as you consider reactors for lutetium production and power production to be separate you should have much less issues. You're still going to need to wait out at least one 14h cycle obviously but not 20 of them.

Reactions: DarknessShadow

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
You could also simply set up multiple reactors. 4 Reactors and the runtime is down to 3,71 days. Or something like ~1 day with a more efficient design. When you are far enough to build a fusion reactor, multipe reactors should not be that expensive anymore.

Also yes, having a thorium reactor run from that point on you can first build it should supply enough lutetium over time until you reach fusion.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
When a gt item is crafted using the vanilla crafting table mecanic, a NBT tag is added listing all items it was made from. Most mod crafting tables support this by now, but not all.
Items created in a machine do not get this NTB tag.
When inserted into a disassembler, it looks at this tag and turns it back into its parts. If the item has the right NBT tag can be checked with minetweakers "/mt hand" command.
Solar Panels are not supported (higher tier panels get too big tags and MC crashes).
The disassembling time currently is 160*2^(number items returned) ticks. So a high number of items returned results into a massive time and energy usage. I will lower this to 80*1.6^(nbrItems) in gt 5.09.

I_am_Jens

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently playing a modified version of this pack (it is the best Gregtech focused pack I could find but it doesn't have all the mods I want by a long shot). But the charcoal recipe being disabled is really bothering me - is there any way to turn it back on? I dug into some config files (mainly Greg's) but couldn't find anything.

Also I just noticed that having a lava bucket in your inventory periodically hurts you - can I disable that too? More of a nuisance than anything.

Last edited:

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently playing a modified version of this pack (it is the best Gregtech focused pack I could find but it doesn't have all the mods I want by a long shot). But the charcoal recipe being disabled is really bothering me - is there any way to turn it back on? I dug into some config files (mainly Greg's) but couldn't find anything.

Also I just noticed that having a lava bucket in your inventory periodically hurts you - can I disable that too? More of a nuisance than anything.

Great care must be taken when modifying this pack. It makes HEAVY use of minetweaker to balance it all out; see my past efforts introducing Mekanism. It is not simple and not to be taken lightly.

If those 2 things are bothering you, there are likely a great many more things that will too. I would reconsider this as your base pack if you desire such drastic changes.

I_am_Jens

Jul 29, 2019
Great care must be taken when modifying this pack. It makes HEAVY use of minetweaker to balance it all out; see my past efforts introducing Mekanism. It is not simple and not to be taken lightly.

If those 2 things are bothering you, there are likely a great many more things that will too. I would reconsider this as your base pack if you desire such drastic changes.

I know. But I honestly can't find a better Gregtech pack that is stable enough. I tested out a bunch of things with other mods and most seems to work just fine.

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
I know. But I honestly can't find a better Gregtech pack that is stable enough. I tested out a bunch of things with other mods and most seems to work just fine.

It is the progression that has been changed. There is a different way to climb the tech tree for almost everything. Mods gate other mods. Some of them must be used in concert to do anything useful. An example of this is the requirement of using Pneumaticcraft to convert RF to EU; there is nothing that can accept RF as a power except PC.

There are different ways of getting charcoal and more forms of coal too.

What mods have you added? The balance of this pack is a delicate thing.

I_am_Jens

Jul 29, 2019
It is the progression that has been changed. There is a different way to climb the tech tree for almost everything. Mods gate other mods. Some of them must be used in concert to do anything useful. An example of this is the requirement of using Pneumaticcraft to convert RF to EU; there is nothing that can accept RF as a power except PC.

There are different ways of getting charcoal and more forms of coal too.

What mods have you added? The balance of this pack is a delicate thing.

Most of the mods I have added add separate tech trees - for example, Rotarycraft and Reactorcraft, which both use an energy production system nothing like EU or RF. Apart from that I added TE, mainly because I like my aqueous accumulators and tesseracts, and some little things. I like the progression thing, I have always felt like many mods are too easy. I also discovered that I can smelt Natura trees into charcoal, although they are sligtly more difficult to farm. I'd use coal but the only coal I've found so far (in an extreme hills biome even) was a lignite vein.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019

Recipes.cfg, disabledrecipes/B:wood2charcoalsmelting_false=true

For the bucket damage is no config(or i forgot about it) but a hazmat suit protects you.

I_am_Jens

Jul 29, 2019
Recipes.cfg, disabledrecipes/B:wood2charcoalsmelting_false=true

For the bucket damage is no config(or i forgot about it) but a hazmat suit protects you.
Thanks! The bucket damage isn't too big of a problem anyway, I won't be carrying around too much lava.

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Hey does anyone know if the Extra Utilities bug (the one that was causing the anvil sounds randomly) has been fixed already? ExU has been updated to 1.2.10 as of now.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
When a gt item is crafted using the vanilla crafting table mecanic, a NBT tag is added listing all items it was made from.
So it didn't work with the LV motors / conveyors I tested because I used NEI to make them and didn't craft them?

edit: Tested it and it works now with the crafted item

We also have Galacticraft to convert RF -> EU but with a energy loss of around 50%

@Blood Asp When you make the changes to the ic2 nuclear reactor could you also add a "Reactor Pressure Vessel Glass" ?

Last edited:

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any plan on changing the world gen on uranium ores with regards to plutonium, U235 and U238? iv'e been trying to decide if im gonna play beyond reality or infitech for a while now and having better oregen on uranium would really give the upper edge to infitech. Feels bad skipping right to MOX (which is the logical choice when you have lots of plutonium) when there is so much more to nucleur power

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any plan on changing the world gen on uranium ores with regards to plutonium, U235 and U238? iv'e been trying to decide if im gonna play beyond reality or infitech for a while now and having better oregen on uranium would really give the upper edge to infitech. Feels bad skipping right to MOX (which is the logical choice when you have lots of plutonium) when there is so much more to nucleur power
Jep, GT default will change soon.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Goofing off with Blood's port today.

upload_2015-8-9_19-6-53.png

Anyone catch what I did? :p