[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, i hate those 32eu/t machines, its hard to supply them since this means i have to supply them with 2 amps to count in losses...

Edit: Whats the purpose of the circuit slot in the Mass Fabricator?

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so it seems that in my earlier post with my exploding machines the issue was not my setup, but the slightly embarrassing fact that I was actually placing an LV alloy smelter, not an MV assembling machine. This should of course explode... I blame my tired brain at 4am and that the icons are quite similar... :oops:

Thanks for the replies earlier.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so it seems that in my earlier post with my exploding machines the issue was not my setup, but the slightly embarrassing fact that I was actually placing an LV alloy smelter, not an MV assembling machine. This should of course explode... I blame my tired brain at 4am and that the icons are quite similar... :oops:

Thanks for the replies earlier.

I've done that, spectacular explosions and all.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
On a somewhat related note, thank goodness for aroma backup and the fact that I am comfortable reloading in the event of disasters. This just now happened.

I forgot my thorium reactor had 6 empty /unused slots in the design, so when I automated its refueling, and there were extra quad thorium rods in supply, suddenly my reactor had 6 extra rods.

Kablamo!

(Now restored and fixed :p)

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering what you placed in those 6 empty slots xD.
I used reactor heat vents which also seem to increase the HU output by about 20...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Containment reactor plating. I didn't wanna mess around with the actual heat mechanics of a design I can't claim to fully understand :p

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys!
we're playing this great pack on multiplayerserver for 1 week and there are random bugs:
After a while or sometimes immediantely after client start i can't eat something or use buckets to get water until client restart.
Similar to this: After a while, i can get water but i cant place it (or any other fluids) until server restart.
so wtf!??

Is anybody out there with similar problems ?
We're using v3.1.5

-Jogi

edit: add: achievments will not be saved at server restart

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys!
we're playing this great pack on multiplayerserver for 1 week and there are random bugs:
After a while or sometimes immediantely after client start i can't eat something or use buckets to get water until client restart.
Similar to this: After a while, i can get water but i cant place it (or any other fluids) until server restart.
so wtf!??

Is anybody out there with similar problems ?
We're using v3.1.5

-Jogi

edit: add: achievments will not be saved at server restart
Cauldron server? Forge Server? Protection Plugins/mods? Server changes from default ones?

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
it's a native forge server as delivered in modpack. no server changes. only one added mod: forgeessentials.
the problems also appear if you play in OP mode. i think we have no speacial server so anybody must have similar problems, or not ? :) it's a mystery^^

edit: bugs still appears if i disable forgeessentials.

btw.. is the modpack compatible with cauldron ?

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
it's a native forge server as delivered in modpack. no server changes. only one added mod: forgeessentials.
the problems also appear if you play in OP mode. i think we have no speacial server so anybody must have same problems, or not ? :) it's a mystery^^

btw.. is the modpack compatible with cauldron ?
Interesting, never had any of the issue.

Regarding cauldron, it might work, but I do not provide any support for that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys this is just a bit of a warning about RS Latches.

As some of you know, RS Latches are a handy way to flip states on a redstone signal based on criteria. I use them to decide whether or not my power should come on.

I recently switched my infrastructure to get logic circuitry out of my main power area. Part of the change was removing a bunch of (neat) automagy stuff and replacing it with a GT5u redstone transmitter cover.

I noticed when I reload my game, the RS Latch "forgets" its state. This seems to be because there's a slight (1 tick?) delay somewhere, either on the transmitter or in the BP stuff. As a result, every time I loaded the world, my reactors would turn on even if they weren't supposed to.

To work around this, I recommend you put a repeater after a GT wireless receiver in such a scenario. The repeater can work to "delay" a signal. This ensures that the signal happens when the Blue Power logic is ready for it.

Edit: Since Miguk just liked this, it reminded me: my repeater fix is crap. It also strengthen's a signal back to full power instead of just delaying a weakened signal. So I'm still a bit screwed with RS latches and GT wireless signals.

My reactors are way less explody now. They now turn on if:
a) the central energy storage battery has fallen to ~14% and wants to restock power (RS Latch logic)
b) the master switch is on
c) the central energy storage battery isn't full (this is an extra grid check on top of my RS latches...just in case)

I need to add:
d) Nuclear Control doesn't report concerning heat levels.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack has been up(f)dated to v3.1.6 - WARNING BIG FLUID CONDUIT RECIPE CHANGES INCLUDED
Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/master/Changelog

Also with this version out there is "new-ish" modpack out called InfiTech 2 Beta.... Intended as public test version. Pack code for that one is "17infitechbeta". Currently it hosts just one change and thats Beta version of EnderIO 2.3. In future it will contain mods that can be unstable, broken, interesting and in the end maybe included in the normal release.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys, anyone who controls throughput of fluids for any reason with eIO fluid conduits and is relying on specific extraction rates, please take careful note of the eIO fluid conduit changes.
Code:
- Increased Extraction and I/O Rates of Pressurized and EnderFluid Conduits. Pressurized is now 120mB/t with max of 480 passthrough. EnderFluid is 300mB/t with max of 1200 passthrough.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
It should not harm anyone. Since the extraction rates are boosted (by 20 for pressurized, and by 100 for ender) So there should be no explosions... But yea... just make a backup before you update (as you should do always)

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
hey Jason,

after some tests i have now disabled forgeessentials so now we have a native forge server with modpack v.3.1.6, no changes in configs or so.

I have played for half an hour and than ... BAM!... cant pickup fluids with buckets or eat, nothing. I have to restart server and also restart client to clean up the bug for a while...

I have no ideas any more.
Do you have an attempt/idea for me where i can check or look up something ?

One question to all here:
Which server mainframe did you use ? native forge or cauldron or someting else ?

Thanks in advance!

-Jogi

EDIT
i can now reproduce the bug:
it happend, if you right click a mature grown carrot (to harvest it), than i cannot eat something or use buckets any more.
If i log out from Multiplayer and start singleplayer, eat there and go back to server i can eat again on server too.

i have tried it on singleplayer but it seems only to happen in multiplayer
trying now to disable hunger overhaul...

Last edited:

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a link to a good guide for how to upgrade server versions? I'm currently running a v3.1.4 server, and I'm looking to upgrade to v3.1.6. Is it just a case of making a backup, downloading a new copy and then dragging in some new files?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
hey Jason,

after some tests i have now disabled forgeessentials so now we have a native forge server with modpack v.3.1.6, no changes in configs or so.

I have played for half an hour and than ... BAM!... cant pickup fluids with buckets or eat, nothing. I have to restart server and also restart client to clean up the bug for a while...

I have no ideas any more.
Do you have an attempt/idea for me where i can check or look up something ?

One question to all here:
Which server mainframe did you use ? native forge or cauldron or someting else ?

Thanks in advance!

-Jogi

EDIT
i can now reproduce the bug:
it happend, if you right click a mature grown carrot (to harvest it), than i cannot eat something or use buckets any more.
If i log out from Multiplayer and start singleplayer, eat there and go back to server i can eat again on server too.

i have tried it on singleplayer but it seems only to happen in multiplayer
trying now to disable hunger overhaul...
I am able to recreate it as you said. I am going to take a look on what is causing that.