[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

semedori

Jul 29, 2019
How to work with soldering iron? What are the soldering materials I need in oreder to make this thing work and to repair the circuits? I tried some variations of Soldering Alloy, but none sucseeded, what do I need?
I didn't see this answered but figured it out myself. You use Fine Soldering Alloy Wire, run an ingot through the wiremill twice.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone know a good way to measure fluid throughput? Any volume-over-time metric will work.

I was hoping to use the Fluid Regulator in ic2 but that thing is finicky and crashy as all shit.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly do i have to chain those IC2 machines to get power from a fluid reactor? Especialy the numbers would be interesting, there are none in the official wiki.

Here is what i understood:
The fluid reactor will need cool collant and output hot coolant (how much when i use Pyures layout from page 277?). This has to go in liquid heat exchangers (how much will i need?), which will cool the coolant and heat one of their sides, to which i have to attach a steam generator (or do i need more/less steam generators per heat exchanger?). This steamgenerator should be set to 220bar for superheated steam and should be supplied with distilled water (how much?), the produced steam should be put in kinetic steam turbines (again, how much per generator?), where it will produce kinetic energy (which will be used by kinetic generators for EU). This first layer will output normal steam, which will be used by more kinetic steam turbines (how much) which also power kinetic generators.

There is some way to get the distilled water back, but i havent understood how, is it outputted by the second steam generators?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How exactly do i have to chain those IC2 machines to get power from a fluid reactor? Especialy the numbers would be interesting, there are none in the official wiki.

The fluid reactor will need cool collant and output hot coolant (how much when i use Pyures layout from page 277?). This has to go in liquid heat exchangers (how much will i need?), which will cool the coolant and heat one of their sides, to which i have to attach a steam generator (or do i need more/less steam generators per heat exchanger?). This steamgenerator should be set to 220bar for superheated steam and should be supplied with distilled water (how much?), the produced steam should be put in kinetic steam turbines (again, how much per generator?), where it will produce kinetic energy (which will be used by kinetic generators for EU). This first layer will output normal steam, which will be used by more kinetic steam turbines (how much) which also power kinetic generators.

There is some way to get the distilled water back, but i havent understood how, is it outputted by the second steam generators?
Yeah, good luck Elthy, this stuff is tricky.

First off, there are youtube videos that demonstrate the full power train, and I recommend you snoop around for them.

That said, I'll do my best here:
The fluid reactor will need cool collant and output hot coolant (how much when i use Pyures layout from page 277?).
It depends on how many machines are in your setup so there's no magical number. Basically I attach a drum of coolant to the reactor with a lever. I keep flipping the lever occassionally, adding cold coolant with it until the reactor always stays 80-90% full. You can't put in too much, or the whole system clogs up and your reactor will overheat when it can't send anymore into the system. Once you have enough in the system, you can turn off the drum feed for good: the closed loop is reliable.

This has to go in liquid heat exchangers (how much will i need?),
Count on adding 1 LHE for every 100 heat your reactor produces. My reactor generates around 900 heat, I have 10 LHEs.

which will cool the coolant and heat one of their sides, to which i have to attach a steam generator (or do i need more/less steam generators per heat exchanger?).
If you want superheated steam, you want 2 LHEs for every 1 steam generator. Otherwise 1:1. Superheated steam has the capacity to create more power.

This steamgenerator should be set to 220bar for superheated steam and should be supplied with distilled water (how much?)
1mb/t distilled water at 220 bars for superheated steam.

At this point, my knowledge gets a bit sketchier. I've never successfully assembled the superheated powertrain satisfactorily (dealing with steam explosions via compressors, etc)

the produced steam should be put in kinetic steam turbines (again, how much per generator?),
You want 2 kinetic steam generators per steam generator (godawful naming conventions). The first one will generate 2x power via superheated steam, plus more steam. That steam will go into the second kinetic steam generator.

That second kinetic steam generator is going to accumulate condensation, which you need to remove. The IC2 wiki says you can pipe it out, but I've had no luck with that: I've had to use condensors, which need to be powered, and which always seem to clog up horribly on me for some reason (I'm piping out of the thing like crazy)

I've had both KSGs produce distilled water, although my understanding was that only the second one should, and only after you condense the steam byproduct.

A lot of these problems might be avoidable by just going with Blood Asp's Large Heat Exchanger instead. If you're feeling a tiny bit cheaty, you can get a lot of power with just Normal steam from the LHE going into railcraft turbines.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of these problems might be avoidable by just going with Blood Asp's Large Heat Exchanger instead. If you're feeling a tiny bit cheaty, you can get a lot of power with just Normal steam from the LHE going into railcraft turbines.
What about large heat exchanger and a large turbine? The large turbines can beat out the efficiency of a railcraft turbine with the better metals, no idea if you'll be able to produce enough steam to run that though.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
RCs turbine is cunning at 125% efficiency, even trough the large turbine can hit 140%, the difficulty to get it work is likely not worth it. BUT, adding in the 50% boost of using superheated steam, you can get to a theoretical 210%. That can nothing beat. ;)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What about large heat exchanger and a large turbine? The large turbines can beat out the efficiency of a railcraft turbine with the better metals, no idea if you'll be able to produce enough steam to run that though.

RCs turbine is cunning at 125% efficiency, even trough the large turbine can hit 140%, the difficulty to get it work is likely not worth it. BUT, adding in the 50% boost of using superheated steam, you can get to a theoretical 210%. That can nothing beat. ;)
Yeah, also you kinda neat to be producing an "ideal" amount of coolant to pull this off, or be prepared to buffer it in large quantities, since the Large Turbine requires specific rates of flow unlike the RC turbines.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Thx for the hints. I think the large heat exchanger is bugged, at least Aiwen said that...

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
To constantly produce superheated steam, 4000L hot coolant per sec are needed. That equals 4000hU inside the reactor(s). The best i could produce from one reactor so far was 1200hU, so 4 reactors needed to constantly supply superheated steam. That is 3000+EU/t.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
To constantly produce superheated steam, 4000L hot coolant per sec are needed. That equals 4000hU inside the reactor(s). The best i could produce from one reactor so far was 1200hU, so 4 reactors needed to constantly supply superheated steam. That is 3000+EU/t.
So 20,000L per second of superheated steam? That's a normal tungstensteel turbine isn't it? and that produces normal steam which can be put through another normal tungstensteel turbine? Because that does sound like it would produce a ton of energy yeah.

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019

I am going to link this here again as it is invaluable and explains the entire powertrain needed.

Have you seen MysteryDump's setup? I linked a video in a while back. She has cooling towers that are compact and snazy looking making this power-train really nice. Here is the video again to make it easy :)

A build video of one of those towers is here too:

This is the reason I want those mekanism pipes by the way

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
That second kinetic steam generator is going to accumulate condensation, which you need to remove. The IC2 wiki says you can pipe it out, but I've had no luck with that: I've had to use condensors, which need to be powered, and which always seem to clog up horribly on me for some reason (I'm piping out of the thing like crazy)
Did you put 4 Heat Vents into the condenser?

Ok so this is how I understood how to get energy out of hot coolant when using Superheated Steam.

200HU/t -> 150eu/t
Pump the Hot Coolant into Liquid Heat Exchanger
2 Liquid Heat Exchanger (each with 10x Heat Conductor) giving heat to 1x Steam Generator (and cold coolant can be pipes out of the Liquid Heat Exchanger)
Steam Generator set to 221 bar and 1mb/tick (this is your Distilled Water Input)
Place a Kinetic Steam Generator next to the Steam Generator
Put a Fluid Ejector Upgrade and a Steam Turbine into it (Steam Turbine has to be replaced occasionally)
Kinetic Steam Generator has to be connected to the Kinetic Generator (should produce 100eu/t)
Next to the Kinetic Steam Generator should be ANOTHER Kinetic Steam Generator with a Steam Turbine and a Fluid Ejector inside (this one should NOT eject fluids back into the first Kinetic Steam Generator) with another Kinetic Generator (should give 50eu/t)
This second Kinetic Steam Generator should eject the fluids into a Condenser
The Condenser needs energy AND 4 Heat Vents inside (this gives you your distilled water back)
pKscuJR.png

Last edited:
Reactions: adamich

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a lot, this is realy helpfull. How much energy would i get with just stirling generators from this 200HU/t?

Mister Maximus

Jul 29, 2019
This is about Gregtech achievements. I'm too tired to look through 280 pages of forum to see if this was already answered (please tell me if I should!)

I'm trying to get the achievement for 'Bronze' (making Bronze dust), but I can't. It just doesn't give me the achievement. I'm noticing that it gives me the bronze dust from industrialcraft, not the gregtech one. I have a feeling that if I get the gregtech bronze dust, it'll give me the achievement.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also, I'm in complete survival mode, no cheats.