[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, I'm at the point ingame of building an ME system and I'm learning to automate crafting using the ME system, one thing I'm stumbling over though, is taking items out of the machine, I don't mean the item that I have crafted, but items like the forms used in the forming machine to make the chips.

When I run it to, say, make a Printed Logic Circuit, that bit works ok, but when I then get it to craft a Printed Silicon, it can't because the form used to make the Logic circuit is left in the machine, is there a way to have the machine totally emptied after each item is crafted?
While it may be possible to extract the inscriber form, in the long run due to the number of chips you'll need to create it may be better to make 4 assembly machines and dedicate one to each type of circuit, and another assembly machine to combine circuits together (no form)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, I'm at the point ingame of building an ME system and I'm learning to automate crafting using the ME system, one thing I'm stumbling over though, is taking items out of the machine, I don't mean the item that I have crafted, but items like the forms used in the forming machine to make the chips.

When I run it to, say, make a Printed Logic Circuit, that bit works ok, but when I then get it to craft a Printed Silicon, it can't because the form used to make the Logic circuit is left in the machine, is there a way to have the machine totally emptied after each item is crafted?

Hi,

I had kind of the same issue in a other modpack. But since AE2 is the same I think this will help. But I don´t know about the ressource costs in this pack in AE.
look here: Reedit Post about how to automize AE2 Proccesors and Pure Cristals
the option I tried and worked here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Cursed earth causes mobs to spawn at a very high rate and disregards some of the standard rules of mob spawning ( player can be close). We get around the despawning problem by putting a Dimensional Anchor(chunk loader) there so that the spawner/farm is always running.
I always used Chunk-Loader. Wich only loads the chuncks I neeed. But it does not emulate a player. The problem here is not that mobs do not spawn with a player near but with no player near, they will spawn and despawn the same second again. How do you solve this problem? If you use a MFR-Spawner from other packs or a Enderio Spawner they change the despawning habbit for the mobs they spawned. But if cursed earth just adjust the frequency of vanilla mobs I don´t think this will work J

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Cursed earth spawns mobs whenever the chunk is loaded. Player distance and render range are irrelevant, in SMP at least. I'm certain it works because we are using it now.

The previous vanilla spawner with pistons and pressure plates required the player to be in render range. So we'd just afk there in a safe spot and the mobs would fall to their death and the loot would be collected with vacuum chests. This was fine but the spawn rate wasn't as optimal as it is now. Plus, using diamond spikes we get all of the loot, not just nuggets. So we get the gold swords now, they get repaired and pulverized. We also get gun powder from the fire bats, and various other mob items. Plus it collects exp as well.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Cursed earth spawns mobs whenever the chunk is loaded. Player distance and render range are irrelevant, in SMP at least. I'm certain it works because we are using it now.

The previous vanilla spawner with pistons and pressure plates required the player to be in render range. So we'd just afk there in a safe spot and the mobs would fall to their death and the loot would be collected with vacuum chests. This was fine but the spawn rate wasn't as optimal as it is now. Plus, using diamond spikes we get all of the loot, not just nuggets. So we get the gold swords now, they get repaired and pulverized. We also get gun powder from the fire bats, and various other mob items. Plus it collects exp as well.
PS: Wither skulls :)

Reactions: sprAngles

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
PS: Wither skulls :)
Yes, that as well. Although I think it does matter where you locate the spawner. Aren't the rules for spawning wither skeletons fairly strict in relation to nether fortress location? I had a powered eIO spawner running with wither skeletons for some time (prior to having cursed earth available). I have a JABBA barrel full of skulls now.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes, that as well. Although I think it does matter where you locate the spawner. Aren't the rules for spawning wither skeletons fairly strict in relation to nether fortress location? I had a powered eIO spawner running with wither skeletons for some time (prior to having cursed earth available). I have a JABBA barrel full of skulls now.
For a cursed earth spawner, yeah, we had to plonk it into a fortress.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
A other question... Were can I find water shards? ran around for 1 hours near lakes, ocean and rivers and nohting... not a singel one.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I haven't noticed any particular pattern to where the various shards generate. It seems to be fairly random. Caving is a good way to find them. When I run my Ender Quarry I usually end up with stacks of all shard types regardless of the biome.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I haven't noticed any particular pattern to where the various shards generate. It seems to be fairly random. Caving is a good way to find them. When I run my Ender Quarry I usually end up with stacks of all shard types regardless of the biome.

Like uhhh I got a ender Quarry and you still have to go caving :p I will just stop liking your posts by now ;)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I am not going into much detail... I am horribly sick, so i will not be able to check this thread too often. So please if any issues you find, submit them to issue tracker.

Also if you wrote me about IT:R testing and I didnt replied, sorry. I am hlad that i can at least erite this messsge on my phone... :( will reply to you all when i will be anle to.

Thanks for understanding

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I am not going into much detail... I am horribly sick, so i will not be able to check this thread too often. So please if any issues you find, submit them to issue tracker.

Also if you wrote me about IT:R testing and I didnt replied, sorry. I am hlad that i can at least erite this messsge on my phone... :( will reply to you all when i will be anle to.

Thanks for understanding

Get better soon then! Take your time!

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for understanding

Focus on getting better dude, we will all still be here when you get back :)

Reactions: Miguel1118

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a limit to how far an OpenBlocks item cannon can fire items?

Are there any other methods to transport items across dimensions other than magic mirrors?

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a limit to how far an OpenBlocks item cannon can fire items?

Are there any other methods to transport items across dimensions other than magic mirrors?
Only methods I know of are Mirrors, and cargo rockets if you automate it and can loot the schematic. Fuel's not hard to come by, only uses maybe a couple buckets a launch.

This doesn't work for the end or the nether (even launching from above the upper layer of bedrock) but should work elsewhere.

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Only methods I know of are Mirrors, and cargo rockets if you automate it and can loot the schematic. Fuel's not hard to come by, only uses maybe a couple buckets a launch.
Ok, the item cannon seems to work great for sending Ender Quarry loot home, but I was thinking of making another ender quarry and setting it up in the nether :p

Reactions: Pyure

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a Chunck Loader that runs of Charcoal?
I just did a World Anchor and turns out it runs on ender Pearls... Never used Railcraft Chunck loaders before :( such a waste or materials...

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Just downloaded this pack on a whim to try out. Immediate headscratching ensues:

What happened to the button in the Inventory Tweaks menu that lets you remap the hot key to sort the player inventory? There's just a conspicuous empty space where I normally expect it. Already asked about this yesterday in the Inventory Tweaks modthread but I'm not getting any replies so far, so I wanted to check if I'm alone in this or if this is normal for InfiTech.

This is a pretty big dealbreaker for me because I absolutely cannot stand something messing with my inventory everytime I look up a recipe in NEI. I like having Inventory Tweaks around, but only after I remap the sort hotkey to the most useless and remote corner of my keyboard so there's no way I will ever accidentally hit it.

@Dentvar: one enderpearl lasts 12 RL hours, and the fuel status persists even if the anchor is broken and picked up (during which time it will not consume any). If it's a personal anchor, it will also only run when you're logged in. Even a small handful of pearls will last you for ages.

But if you really hate it you can edit the Railcraft config and change the fuel item for anchors to charcoal (or any other item you consider proper).

Last edited: