[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a Chunck Loader that runs of Charcoal?
I just did a World Anchor and turns out it runs on ender Pearls... Never used Railcraft Chunck loaders before :( such a waste or materials...
The dimensional anchor does, however note that it is massively more expensive in fuel use. It takes a variety of different fuels but the reference point of ender pearls is 432x worse. Anyway fuels in the dimensional anchor provide a set amount of time and it uses up for every chunk loader, so a chunkloader set to 3x3 will use fuel 9x faster then one set to 1x1. Anyway the list of fuels and how long they give for a single chunk. They're in order too to make things easier.

• Cobblestone: 1 second
  • Dirt: 1 second
  • Stone: 3 seconds
  • Netherrack: 4 seconds
  • Nether Brick: 10 seconds
  • Redstone Dust: 1 minute
  • Charcoal: 1 minute
  • Glowstone Dust: 2 minutes
  • Coal: 10 minutes
  • Magma Cream: 15 minutes
  • Ender Pearl: 15 minutes
  • Ender Eye: 30 minutes
  • Pulsating Crystal: 45 minutes
  • Vibrant Crystal: 1 hour
  • Nether Star: 2 hours
For reference the fuels for railcraft world anchors, adjusted to the per chunk cost as well. It seems to vary with the amount of chunks but the default cost is with a 3x3 area, if it is a flat cost per chunkloader though then the number would be about 2.5x bigger as they can load up to 25 chunks.
  • Ender Pearl: 108 hours
There is also one from opencomputers that will run off power but is massively more expensive and difficult to acquire then either of these to craft requiring at least a HV laser engraver along with some MV and LV requiring parts.

@Jason McRay, any thoughts on possibly rebalancing some of those costs? The requirement of diamonds/emeralds for a railcraft one really isn't any kind of compensation for the ridiculous difference in costs. For example possible swap out the railcraft fuel list for a subset or all of the immibis fuel list?

This is a pretty big dealbreaker for me because I absolutely cannot stand something messing with my inventory everytime I look up a recipe in NEI. I like having Inventory Tweaks around, but only after I remap the sort hotkey to the most useless and remote corner of my keyboard so there's no way I will ever accidentally hit it.
There is a something in the controls in options which seems like what you want.

EDIT: Forgot two of the fuels and a number was wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dentvar

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
There is a something in the controls in options which seems like what you want.

You mean the regular Minecraft keymappings? Alright, thanks, I'll look that up once I get home later today and see if I can resolve the issue there.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot the two ender io items for dimensional anchors, just added them in if anyone cares about the list of fuels.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Albeit I'm playing on an old version of the pack, but Dimensional Anchors take no fuel at all in the version I play on. Jayson stated he thought it's silly to require fuel source just to keep a few chunks loaded so fuel use was disabled in the config. Would need someone on a current version to confirm though.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Albeit I'm playing on an old version of the pack, but Dimensional Anchors take no fuel at all in the version I play on. Jayson stated he thought it's silly to require fuel source just to keep a few chunks loaded so fuel use was disabled in the config. Would need someone on a current version to confirm though.
I'm on 2.1.6 and my config says they use fuel, this is the relevant line it seems.

Code:
B:chunkloader.useFuel=true

So yeah, personally I'd say buff the dimensional anchor. Currently it's basically useless because as I gave with the numbers the anchors provide hundreds of times better fuel efficiency, an ender pearl keeping a 3x3 area loaded for 12 hours instead of a minute forty.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So now I got even a Daily quest in Minecraft :(
  • Get 2 Ender Pearls per day.
In this modpack at least its pretty simple. Worst case scenario, pop into the End and grab a few ender lillies. (Uh, after disposing of any nearby boss denizens). You can frequently find these by adventuring around too, or just set up a mobfarm. You'll get more ender pearls than you know what to do with.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
In this modpack at least its pretty simple. Worst case scenario, pop into the End and grab a few ender lillies. (Uh, after disposing of any nearby boss denizens). You can frequently find these by adventuring around too, or just set up a mobfarm. You'll get more ender pearls than you know what to do with.

Not sure If I¨m lassy or just to stupid to get this stuff you guys tell me to do done. Just a mobfarm... y like cursed earth is easy to get or like a other spawner is easy :(
I will go back playing my 5 hours big base with nuclear power packs... ;)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not sure If I¨m lassy or just to stupid to get this stuff you guys tell me to do done. Just a mobfarm... y like cursed earth is easy to get or like a other spawner is easy :(
I will go back playing my 5 hours big base with nuclear power packs... ;)
Hah good point. Actually I had forgotten that cursed earth is a bit of a pain now because you need to kill a Wither to get a division sigil. So you'd have to do a vanilla spawner or an enderio one.

OK so that still leaves the adventuring plan. Go pillage a few dungeons or villages and you'll be sure to get some ender lilly seeds. Also some sweet, sweet dark steel.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I´m realy early in game. I got my first steel now and other things I got is a bit of Thaumcraft(1 woodfarm) so I will now go and get some boots of travelor some armor and go exploring the world. I´m sure that I need to find a lot of vines anyway. So this will help me in the future too. Also I need some TC Notes in my base if I want to go mining with my Wand Foci any time soon.
Are ender Lillys afected by Lamp of growth?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I´m realy early in game. I got my first steel now and other things I got is a bit of Thaumcraft(1 woodfarm) so I will now go and get some boots of travelor some armor and go exploring the world. I´m sure that I need to find a lot of vines anyway. So this will help me in the future too. Also I need some TC Notes in my base if I want to go mining with my Wand Foci any time soon.
Most likely. They grow really slowly when they're not planted on End stone but other than that seem to obey normal plant-growth rules.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yes technically, ender lily growth rates are fairly complicated. Basically though it can only grow at certain times and that depends on how much it's already grown and what it's planted on, the important thing to note is that it alternates between being able to grow for each half of the stages. This means that while a lamp of growth will help it will only help negligibly as it will nearly always grow by itself anyway within those times so it is basically useless, although it would help slightly. The times for growth though are about 11 hours for dirt, 170mins for end stone, and 25mins for ender core. It also only has a chance of dropping more then one seed if not on dirt.

How do you get end stone from bees? The only recipe in NEI for me that doesn't require getting to the end is minechem based.

Reactions: Dentvar

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Did you play 24 hrs per day? lol

No but if the Anchor is active he will be 24 hrs per day active. Thats the hole point of it. Else I ¨m near enough to keep the chunk loaded if I´m tinkering in my little base.

Xavion said:
How do you get end stone from bees? The only recipe in NEI for me that doesn't require getting to the end is minechem based.

not Bees, but there are Beehives that are surounded by endstone. I can´t remember wich kind of Bee hive it was. Its the one that gives you ender perls if you harvest it with a scoop.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm not sure if Hardcore Ender Expansion changes this but... The End is really, really exploitable for pearls, and all you need is cobblestone and a sword. (Well, technically you can make a sword out of cobblestone...)

1. Find spot where the Ender Dragon doesn't see you (optional alternative: slay Ender Dragon)
2. Build a 3x3 cobblestone ceiling two blocks off the ground
3. Stand under the cobblestone ceiling
4. Look at every enderman in range
5. ???
6. Profit

It's so lame and easy I forbid myself from doing it. Two stacks of enderpearls in two minutes just takes the challenge out of it...

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019

One of the first things we do after slaying the Ender Dragon is to set up a "ender ender" as low as possible a ways away from the main End island to spawn enderman at a high rate. Usually it's just a bunch of spawn pads with vines normalizing the drop distance to a killing pad. This is how we originally had it set up and it was pretty good because I made a thaumium sword enchanted with Repair II and Exp III and then just keep all my wands in my quick bar also. The sword keeps repairing itself from the wands, and the amount of mini-vis that drops charges the wands (except for Aer) faster than the sword can drain them.

One of the guys on the server thought he'd get fancy with it and changed it into an automated farm. Now all the mobs drop onto conveyor belts which shove them into a Diamond spike. An eIO killer joe (not powered or provided with a sword) collects the exp into an Exp pedestal. A vacuum chest collects the ender pearls into a JABBA barrel that is upgraded to cobalt level. If you afk for an hour in here you can pull level 100 and more ender pearls than you can carry without multiple golden bags of holding. But alas, I can't easily charge my wands by slaying endermen anymore and I also don't get thaumcraft treasure bags.

Reactions: Pyure and Dentvar

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm not sure if Hardcore Ender Expansion changes this but... The End is really, really exploitable for pearls, and all you need is cobblestone and a sword. (Well, technically you can make a sword out of cobblestone...)

1. Find spot where the Ender Dragon doesn't see you (optional alternative: slay Ender Dragon)
2. Build a 3x3 cobblestone ceiling two blocks off the ground
3. Stand under the cobblestone ceiling
4. Look at every enderman in range
5. ???
6. Profit

It's so lame and easy I forbid myself from doing it. Two stacks of enderpearls in two minutes just takes the challenge out of it...
Why.. I realy hope it got nerfed in some way. Else I´m afraid I do not have the will power you have to ignore this .P

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Thaumcraft. Has anyone tried storing essentia in AE2 ME cells designed for this? I'm having a bit of issues trying to figure out how to interface this. Do you point an ME export bus at your almbelic to withdraw the essence or do you have to still use warded jars? How about getting it back out?

vorpalchicken

Jul 29, 2019
Heya all again, another question, this time regarding Nuclear reactors, how do they tie into an existing power grid, as my GT wires won't connect to the Reactor?