[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's not the fault of the modpack, but when I put my IC2 Chainsaw into a Tool Rack, the motor sound keeps running forever, because in order to place it into the rack you have to hold it in your hand and right click. But holding it in your hand engages the motor sound. It's funny for now, but obv I can't use the Tool Rack because it will get very annoying soon.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
1. Is it possible to craft the naquadah fuel for SG Craft in this modpack? I ask, because I found that the naquadah dust that I was EBFing into ingots won't fuel the stargate. In the NEI, there is an SG Craft-specific naquadah that looks like a misshapen lump, but no recipe for it. As a result, I've crafted the EU power machine to power it, but I'd love to use the naquadah I get from my bees if possible.
You cannot power the stargates directly with naquada in the controller but you can make a naquadah generator and then power the eu power thing with it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Why isn't gt cable connecting to the back of this ic2 electric kinetic generator? I thought GT5 just made that work magically whereas the other direction needed a transformer?

Update: never could get it to connect but what did work to get the handle for the mining laser was to just stick an LV battery into it.
Because you can't send power from IC2 to GT via cables, and the kinetic generator only sends (generates) power.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Because you can't send power from IC2 to GT via cables, and the kinetic generator only sends (generates) power.

Yeah but the reason it's called the Electric Kinetic Generator is because it is powered via Electricity, EU. There are also Kinetic Steam, Kinetic Wind, Kinetic Water versions, and something called a Manual Kinetic Generator which I've never made nor figured out how it operates.

The beauty of the Electric Kinetic Generator is that you can use your EU network to power it. Just place one motor in it, and attach to the Turning Table and the kinetic energy will grind out an Iron Blank for making that crucial IC2 Mining Laser that has saved me so much time and effort.

Oh, and I just realized I totally missed your point Pyure - it explains why the CESU works but GT cables do not.

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
I just found the rarest and most amazing ore vein I've ever seen:
klMSjXp.png

xpzpPgQ.png

Gjwrf5B.png

FugJhjJ.png

Yes, you saw correctly, this is the amazingly rare Crystal Growth Accelerator vein. It comes complete with droppers, redstone comparators, fences, and acacia leaves. I still haven't found any tin though :)

hey :)
is it still actual in version 3.1.12 to find "crystal groth accelerator veins" ? i just have seen that there is no recipe for the accelerator..

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone used Magic Apiaries in conjunction with the Vis Apiary Booster? I just got to Supernatural bees and am on the cusp of Arcane bees, so I should be able to make these magic apiaries soon. Just wondering if it's worth making all these arcane bores to get the vis booster or not and how big of an energized node is necessary.

I did manage to hit a couple milestones tonight. I finally set up the Ender Quarry that's been sitting in a chest for a week unused. I'm running it off of 3 Adept Magic Energy Converters. The quarry is filling up its inventory chest faster than 1 eIO item conduit can pull from it (using 3). I have the eIO conduits dumping all cobble, dirt, gravel, and chisel blocks into a 2nd chest, which then dumps its contents into a trash bin. Any TC shards go into the converts. Everything else gets sent back to my base via Magic Mirror.

I also set up IC2 biogass in a GT distillation tower. So maybe I won't need 48 coke ovens after all (anymore). At the very least I shouldn't need to go out and collect oil from wells. Plus, once all my gasoline is gone I can get rid of another RC iron tank and put something useful there.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah but the reason it's called the Electric Kinetic Generator is because it is powered via Electricity, EU. There are also Kinetic Steam, Kinetic Wind, Kinetic Water versions, and something called a Manual Kinetic Generator which I've never made nor figured out how it operates.

The beauty of the Electric Kinetic Generator is that you can use your EU network to power it. Just place one motor in it, and attach to the Turning Table and the kinetic energy will grind out an Iron Blank for making that crucial IC2 Mining Laser that has saved me so much time and effort.

Oh, and I just realized I totally missed your point Pyure - it explains why the CESU works but GT cables do not.
Woops, thought you were talking about this thing.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone used Magic Apiaries in conjunction with the Vis Apiary Booster? I just got to Supernatural bees and am on the cusp of Arcane bees, so I should be able to make these magic apiaries soon. Just wondering if it's worth making all these arcane bores to get the vis booster or not and how big of an energized node is necessary.

I tried using magic apiaries, but sadly, they don't work--was quite a disappointment, having bred up to the supernatural and arcane bees, just to discover it was all for nothing.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's not the fault of the modpack, but when I put my IC2 Chainsaw into a Tool Rack, the motor sound keeps running forever, because in order to place it into the rack you have to hold it in your hand and right click. But holding it in your hand engages the motor sound. It's funny for now, but obv I can't use the Tool Rack because it will get very annoying soon.

It doesn't make any noise if you stick it into a battery buffer to charge it. :p

Spend a couple hours making everything for an advanced electric jetpack, notice your 10k coolant cells don't work in the recipe, look closer and realize they have to be processed in the vacuum freezer you haven't built yet. NooOOooOooOOooOOooOOoOOooo! http://imgur.com/nJhaPrv

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Two questions for any who happen to know:

1. Is it possible to craft the naquadah fuel for SG Craft in this modpack? I ask, because I found that the naquadah dust that I was EBFing into ingots won't fuel the stargate. In the NEI, there is an SG Craft-specific naquadah that looks like a misshapen lump, but no recipe for it. As a result, I've crafted the EU power machine to power it, but I'd love to use the naquadah I get from my bees if possible.

2. Where do I find the tantalite (sp?) ore? I need to make superconducting wire, which requires niobium--something that has an ore that does not appear in the worldgen.cfg. Neither does tantalite, but I can get niobium from the tantalite, it seems. I'm trying to make a start with fusion...
1) Only way to power SGs are via RF or EU. That is on purpose

Why isn't gt cable connecting to the back of this ic2 electric kinetic generator? I thought GT5 just made that work magically whereas the other direction needed a transformer?

Update: never could get it to connect but what did work to get the handle for the mining laser was to just stick an LV battery into it.
It should connect, but you are right, for some reason its not connecting. calling mighty @Blood Asp (is it GT fault? or IC2?)... I think just for now, you can put a IC2 Energy Storage next to it, and feed the enery into it this way.

Hmm... You can Shift right click with empty hand on the tool rack and then put the Chainsaw into it manually. I reported it to Nuchaz (https://github.com/Nuchaz/BiblioCraft/issues/329)

hey :)
is it still actual in version 3.1.12 to find "crystal groth accelerator veins" ? i just have seen that there is no recipe for the accelerator..
This is very very rare oregen bug. It can only happen if your world was generated way, way, back in the v3 release.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
just want to let you all know that 3.1.13 is on its way. However I am currently waiting for Buildcraft to be released as 7.1.8, because of Biome IDs not being saved, which would mean... well... a mess

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for an Online Player Detector. I believe it was in IT2 2.x, but it looks like TubeStuff is no longer included in the mod pack. Is there any other way of accomplishing this function (emit redstone signal when specific player is online)?

Or is it possible to add TubeStuff to the pack without breaking too many things? Obviously keep black hole chest disabled :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't make any noise if you stick it into a battery buffer to charge it. :p

Spend a couple hours making everything for an advanced electric jetpack, notice your 10k coolant cells don't work in the recipe, look closer and realize they have to be processed in the vacuum freezer you haven't built yet. NooOOooOooOOooOOooOOoOOooo! http://imgur.com/nJhaPrv

wow that's odd, didn't notice the Vacuum Freezer recipe for them, but the recipe is just one 10K Coolant Cell makes one 10K Coolant Cell so not sure I understand it.

I've been having my server operator creative-spawn them in for me, in trade for the raw materials. However, he hasn't been on the server for a week now, so I've been stuck using the regular IC2 Chainsaw since I can't make the Advanced Version (10K Coolant Cells obv) on my own.

I just built my Vacuum Freezer this morning, it's very simple except (of course) I put the Controller in the bottom middle and then wondered for 15 minutes why it wasn't working. LOL (FYI the Controller block has to go in the center middle block, not bottom middle).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... You can Shift right click with empty hand on the tool rack and then put the Chainsaw into it manually. I reported it to Nuchaz (https://github.com/Nuchaz/BiblioCraft/issues/329)

Pretty sure I tried right-clicking the Tool Rack but it doesn't work that way. You can only right-click it with a tool to insert something into the Rack. But thanks for reporting it. I never know where to go to do those kind of things...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure I tried right-clicking the Tool Rack but it doesn't work that way. You can only right-click it with a tool to insert something into the Rack. But thanks for reporting it. I never know where to go to do those kind of things...
Shift+Right Click with empty hand. it will open GUI

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
just want to let you all know that 3.1.13 is on its way. However I am currently waiting for Buildcraft to be released as 7.1.8, because of Biome IDs not being saved, which would mean... well... a mess

Done. I delayed it a bit as releasing three single-bugfix BuildCraft versions in one week would be depressing, so I dug through OpenEye and fixed a few very rare bugs.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Done. I delayed it a bit as releasing three single-bugfix BuildCraft versions in one week would be depressing, so I dug through OpenEye and fixed a few very rare bugs.
That's just about the most constructive way I can imagine to tackle a depressing problem, thanks asie :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed... Thank you for being that fast... unfortunately I run out of time, so still pack 3.1.13 is getting delayed until tomorrow, because I want to play some games (was working on the update since 2pm (no its 9pm))... :)

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
I want to build a magic energy converter but that need electrum for the arcane infusion. We tried to smelt some basic diesel generators in the alchemical furnance but that doesn't work. someone knows a way to get electrum?