[1.7.10] Ingenuity - Are you Ingenious? ---- Where's all the usual mods?!?! o.O

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Been playing while I'm waiting for the doc to figure what is causing my chest pain and I have been doing a little challenge where I only get to gather resources from inside the town plots. I find a cave far enough away from town and mark that as a mine. It is fun trying to figure out how to grow what u need on that start plot of land. Also if you get the Japan village make sure to get the fishing skill max on ur wolf, hehe.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing while I'm waiting for the doc to figure what is causing my chest pain and I have been doing a little challenge where I only get to gather resources from inside the town plots. I find a cave far enough away from town and mark that as a mine. It is fun trying to figure out how to grow what u need on that start plot of land. Also if you get the Japan village make sure to get the fishing skill max on ur wolf, hehe.
Not to mention making sure you have someone who can/will be able to make the panel thingies (I forget the name)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Not to mention making sure you have someone who can/will be able to make the panel thingies (I forget the name)
Rice paper panel? I like the bricks thing. Think it is with the inkcas? Although the walls are to high for spuce tree go in the small plots so I had to place down a peice of dirt. Also u can sell iron tools for loads more than ingots so sell shovels. Rofl

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Also sometimes in certain areas they will not grow the wood they need in the chopper area so you can just plants one sapling down to replace it with what ever tree they grow And they will grow them from then on. I think it works for the farms also.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
@jordsta95
So I'm giving your pack a try again. Millenare is a very intriguing mod.

I'm looking at different food mods to try, and so I'm going to do a world with including FastLeafDecay and AppleMilkTea 2. I can agree on Pams being quite easy by itself, but pair it with spice of life or hunger overhaul (tamed), and it balances out.

Any ideas on optimizing per chance? Optifine is my last resort. I'm used to my 16GB ram desktop, but my 6GB laptop is struggling.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
@jordsta95
So I'm giving your pack a try again. Millenare is a very intriguing mod.

I'm looking at different food mods to try, and so I'm going to do a world with including FastLeafDecay and AppleMilkTea 2. I can agree on Pams being quite easy by itself, but pair it with spice of life or hunger overhaul (tamed), and it balances out.

Any ideas on optimizing per chance? Optifine is my last resort. I'm used to my 16GB ram desktop, but my 6GB laptop is struggling.
I'm going to be updating over the weekend, which SHOULD fix some issues :)

And a food mod got added (Carnivora) last update, which has some decent foods that aren't OP. But I don't want to add Hunger Overhaul/Spice of Life, as food isn't meant to be an issue in the pack, it's main focus is to mess with new mods, not deal with hunger (which is still a stupid mechanic in the game IMO)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
You have you tryed switching to high performance power mode. Some graphics options are limited in low power modes.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I'm going to be updating over the weekend, which SHOULD fix some issues :)

And a food mod got added (Carnivora) last update, which has some decent foods that aren't OP. But I don't want to add Hunger Overhaul/Spice of Life, as food isn't meant to be an issue in the pack, it's main focus is to mess with new mods, not deal with hunger (which is still a stupid mechanic in the game IMO)
Mill mod has food in it also that I recall that you can buy from the village.

Reactions: jordsta95

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
You have you tryed switching to high performance power mode. Some graphics options are limited in low power modes.
I will give that a shot today. I updated Java, and I upped the memory to 3.5GB max for FTB. Erm, and I have optifine on and off. Wasn't sure just what was causing it. This comp is usually played with HP recommended power consumption. Granted, its plugged in almost 24/7 when its used.

I'm tempted to try Pams out with Hunger Overhaul, and the reason I will try is that hunger overhaul can be messed with to remove the hunger loss and such. There's a bunch of new items in Pams I want to try for myself personally. You could add them as disabled if you want to add Pams, but not add the hunger mods. Just my personal opinion.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Mill mod has food in it also that I recall that you can buy from the village.
That it does, and the foods are pretty decent too... shame they cost a little bit :p

I'm tempted to try Pams out with Hunger Overhaul, and the reason I will try is that hunger overhaul can be messed with to remove the hunger loss and such. There's a bunch of new items in Pams I want to try for myself personally. You could add them as disabled if you want to add Pams, but not add the hunger mods. Just my personal opinion.
There's nothing stopping you adding pams yourself. However, I don't want to add mods that are usually a commonly used mod (which is why railcraft is in the pack, because it's never really used as a main mod, from what I see)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
That it does, and the foods are pretty decent too... shame they cost a little bit :p

There's nothing stopping you adding pams yourself. However, I don't want to add mods that are usually a commonly used mod (which is why railcraft is in the pack, because it's never really used as a main mod, from what I see)
That is what iron shovels are for ROFL.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
What a waste of iron >_> Just sell cobble... but still, money! :p
They give you 1 and some coppers per Shovel. Besides once you have ore system up iron should be good. I always sell a few of each iron tool. I assume they can use them and their attack power is bade part on tool equipment.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I will give that a shot today. I updated Java, and I upped the memory tographicsmax for FTB. Erm, and I have optifine on and off. Wasn't sure just what was causing it. This comp is usually played with HP recommended power consumption. Granted, its plugged in almost 24/7 when its used.

Here is a few things you can try. First assuming you have windows. Go to security and admin tools then System configuration. Once there click on the services tab after clicking selective start on general. Then click The hide Windows programs at the bottom. Then disable any program that is not ur security or programs that run ur laptop like graphics. Then go to start up tab (in 8 it is on task manager) and disable any program that is not main programs. This will stop back programs from running on start up. Restart the lap and do a full clean as cookies can cause program lag. Making to set up ur cleaning program to clean java temp files as well. Then restart and it should run better. You can also take off programs that you don't know was added to the lap. If you don't know what it does search it on internet.

Reactions: ZephyrWindSpirit

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a few things you can try. First assuming you have windows. Go to security and admin tools then System configuration. Once there click on the services tab after clicking selective start on general. Then click The hide Windows programs at the bottom. Then disable any program that is not ur security or programs that run ur laptop like graphics. Then go to start up tab (in 8 it is on task manager) and disable any program that is not main programs. This will stop back programs from running on start up. Restart the lap and do a full clean as cookies can cause program lag. Making to set up ur cleaning program to clean java temp files as well. Then restart and it should run better. You can also take off programs that you don't know was added to the lap. If you don't know what it does search it on internet.
Well, my computer in general is running faster now. Still need optifine though, but I'll wait on the update.
Thank you for the help, and I watched your videos. Hydrauliccraft looks fantastic.