[1.7.10] Ingenuity - Are you Ingenious? ---- Where's all the usual mods?!?! o.O

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I tried in another Biome. It might work in wet type. I have set it up in a swamp biome near my town but i believe if i move to that location it will cause the town to not be loaded. I could just set up a mine there and base at the town. Anyone know if another biome would be wetter to railcraft then Spawm? Do towns in Mill spawn in wet biomes?
Well if you can leave it until it's 1/4 full, then let it go, then you should be alright.
*Let it fill the pressure chamber thing (vat?) THEN the hopper, and then when the tank is about 1/4 full (about 100 buckets) you shouldn't have issues... unless you try to process a chest full of ores.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Well if you can leave it until it's 1/4 full, then let it go, then you should be alright.
*Let it fill the pressure chamber thing (vat?) THEN the hopper, and then when the tank is about 1/4 full (about 100 buckets) you shouldn't have issues... unless you try to process a chest full of ores.
When it rain it fills super fast and holds 400k so it should work as long as you still to a place where it rains. if you get a desert or non rain place you will be in trouble. Might be best to it first about where you want the low pressure set up at and then set in make oil first thing you get diamonds. Does it count when it is under ground and rains? I'll test. I would still stick to wet biome till you get oil and by then you can buy a house.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
It is the oil production that stay on all the time that is the problem but it should be fine as long as it rains. Stay up all night and not sleeping should help with the rain.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Also quick one. is the crusher supposed to double the sand output when crushing cobble down? Cause it does. rofl

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It is the oil production that stay on all the time that is the problem but it should be fine as long as it rains. Stay up all night and not sleeping should help with the rain.
Oil? For creosote? Why do you need so much? :O

Also quick one. is the crusher supposed to double the sand output when crushing cobble down? Cause it does. rofl
The crusher has a chance to give double output, I don't know how it works out what percentage to give though :p

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Oil? For creosote? Why do you need so much? :O

The crusher has a chance to give double output, I don't know how it works out what percentage to give though :p
no the hydrolic oil. You put seeds and water in the mixer and it produce 100 mlb at a time. you need at least 16 buckets for the low pressure system. I'm thinking a huge auto low pressure wheat farm and mixer in a wet area that only producing the oil for when you set up the full system of high pressure. Also right now it is double everything even sand and sometimes it give a 3rd. I was just making sure it was ur intent that they get 2 stacks of 64 sand out of 1 stack of cobble.

Note: When you switch to Hydrolic oil in the System it doesn't use any oil like it does water so it is a closed system it is just you have to start with water first and it uses some of the water.

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing more today than I have in the past few weeks combined, and as I always do when playing for long periods of time, I find an issue... Luckily this one isn't massive... I forgot to remove the old cable recipes. No biggy, my recipe is cheaper, so you can use whichever, but I will delete the old ones (this is in the optional update of course)

Also, I notice that an issue with the soujourners sash is still present, I will have to look into that more, I assume it's just an issue with forge (I hope) :)

And finally, actual gameplay, which I found to be quite interesting, Runic Dungeons. I didn't expect to enjoy dungeon crawling and PvE that much (I like peaceful mode)... Only issue is trying to find the damn chalks for the wand (not enough jungles, deserts, vanilla villages)... I guess I could just use a Loomium, but that's elven knowledge now (IIRC) and by the time you're there, that place is easy.
I do like the aesthetics though. It looks really nice... apart from the floor tiles which injure you :(

Yeah, i am learning a fair few of these mods too :p

LucidCrux

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the hydrolic oil is used, but it is only 1 per operation. No closed system, you do have to keep producing oil if you want it to stay full up. The Hydraulicraft mod has a pump/screw block in it, and the tooltip says it works, but I never could figure out how to get it to do so. There is 0 info about it on the net that I could find.

Also, @jordsta95 have you been able to get the washer to work without crashing? I posted a crash report quite awhile ago. Anytime I stick a dust in it, it crashes with a gui error. It just means doubling and no trippling, which is no big deal, but if it isn't fixable you might want to just disable the washer block.

Hubris also had issues with the botania sash. I think it ended up being Aether that was causing step-up not to work and it was removed from that pack.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Actually the hydrolic oil is used, but it is only 1 per operation. No closed system, you do have to keep producing oil if you want it to stay full up. The Hydraulicraft mod has a pump/screw block in it, and the tooltip says it works, but I never could figure out how to get it to do so. There is 0 info about it on the net that I could find.

Also, @jordsta95 have you been able to get the washer to work without crashing? I posted a crash report quite awhile ago. Anytime I stick a dust in it, it crashes with a gui error. It just means doubling and no trippling, which is no big deal, but if it isn't fixable you might want to just disable the washer block.

Hubris also had issues with the botania sash. I think it ended up being Aether that was causing step-up not to work and it was removed from that pack.
i was going by the info i have seen which was no loss. I'll keep an eye on it. My set up will still work and when i automate the farm it will auto make seeds as long as it rain. I'll look at the screw and see what it does. It didn't sound like a pump so i didn't bother with it.

Also,

http://hydraulicraft.eu/documentation/?type=machine

Big smile!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

Washer - no, I can't fix it, it's something to do with hydraulicraft itself, so I will disable it (may only be with optional update though)

Step-up - hmm, well that's an issue. I won't be removing the aether just because that is a cool 'new'(old, but not all that commonly used) mod, whereas botania is supposed to be there for speed and flight (and also a few other nifty things like teleportation)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Washer - no, I can't fix it, it's something to do with hydraulicraft itself, so I will disable it (may only be with optional update though)

Step-up - hmm, well that's an issue. I won't be removing the aether just because that is a cool 'new'(old, but not all that commonly used) mod, whereas botania is supposed to be there for speed and flight (and also a few other nifty things like teleportation)
Teleport? I thought everyone just used the map teleport, rofl. ;)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
If you're on a server, you need to be OP ;) (I think in SSP you need cheats enabled :p)
No sadly i can't afford a server right now as i am poor and also every time i join a server the server implodes from people quitting and since a play minecraft for youtube i can't risk that until i can get on a good server. Yeah cheats do have to be enable but in all my let's plays i use keep inv true and mob grie false as i do allot of building and hate creeper destroy half my work on packs that require many multi blocks, large builds, or sky blocks. I also know the secrets to turn cheats on even if they are not on like on map packs. The way i view it is the teleport is a in game mod feature and there for not cheating even though cheat being on are require. Cheats enabled is also the only way you can change some of the in game options Like if i wanted to play with Mob spawning disable so i could do like a adventure type of LP where you are safe most times and have to explore and find dungeons and such. Like i used that on Golem Factory so i could go on playing on hard and have to deal with food/hunger as well as building and crafting. Using cheats is a fun way to spice up the game. rofl

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No sadly i can't afford a server right now as i am poor and also every time i join a server the server implodes from people quitting and since a play minecraft for youtube i can't risk that until i can get on a good server. Yeah cheats do have to be enable but in all my let's plays i use keep inv true and mob grie false as i do allot of building and hate creeper destroy half my work on packs that require many multi blocks, large builds, or sky blocks. I also know the secrets to turn cheats on even if they are not on like on map packs. The way i view it is the teleport is a in game mod feature and there for not cheating even though cheat being on are require. Cheats enabled is also the only way you can change some of the in game options Like if i wanted to play with Mob spawning disable so i could do like a adventure type of LP where you are safe most times and have to explore and find dungeons and such. Like i used that on Golem Factory so i could go on playing on hard and have to deal with food/hunger as well as building and crafting. Using cheats is a fun way to spice up the game. rofl
What do you mean server implodes when you join? o_O

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
every server i have join when i join every one stop playing or moves on to a new pack or something and the server gets shut down. Like the last server half the people quite right as i join to play another game and 1.8 was coming out so we decide to reset the map for 1.8 and we got new people but the the guy who owned the server decide to switch it to a private server for FTB pack for just him and his friends and deleted the world. 2 months in. After that i decide i needed to make sure it was a stable server or youtube one before make it part of the channel. I have played on like prison servers though and that was cool. Also a friend has a server for the FCB minecraft Challenge that i need to get the new IP for. FCB = Fantasy City Build Challenge.

Side note: I finished the Mod pack show case for the pack but it went a bit long so i will have to split it into 2 video other wise it will be over an hour long.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
every server i have join when i join every one stop playing or moves on to a new pack or something and the server gets shut down. Like the last server half the people quite right as i join to play another game and 1.8 was coming out so we decide to reset the map for 1.8 and we got new people but the the guy who owned the server decide to switch it to a private server for FTB pack for just him and his friends and deleted the world. 2 months in. After that i decide i needed to make sure it was a stable server or youtube one before make it part of the channel. I have played on like prison servers though and that was cool. Also a friend has a server for the FCB minecraft Challenge that i need to get the new IP for. FCB = Fantasy City Build Challenge.

Side note: I finished the Mod pack show case for the pack but it went a bit long so i will have to split it into 2 video other wise it will be over an hour long.
Well if you want a server, there's always mine ;)
Although, it's whitelisted, so there's not gonna be a load of randomers playing. But, there's no one who plays other than myself at the minute...

But it is open to the public (whitelisted) if anyone is interested ;)

As for the video mag, don't forget to share the video here, so I can add it to the OP :)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I will Part one is mostly Mill since that is about the best way to start the pack and gives the most benefit. 2nd part shows off the Tico set i suggest using at the start and the setup for Hydro and show off what it does and how to craft each item. I'll think about the server. The internet connection isn't great here.

Reactions: jordsta95

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Oh and i think the screw is a no go. I'm going to try it and play around with it but the mod info says it is getting taken out and replaced. I don't want to tell people to use something that the mod dev might not leave in and the fact that they have already taken it off the Mod page isn't looking good. I think the tank is the best bet for now till they decide what they will do with the screw thing.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey Magzie here,
I have a Modpack showcase if the pack. This is part 1 which is uploaded and up to HD standards. I'll post part 2 when it is show in 720HD. Hope this helps people and as always if i missed something important post it in the comments for those new players out there and i'll fix it in the next video. I do plan on a LP on this but I can't start it right now but will seen i'll also do some more videos with helpful tips and tricks as i find them.

Reactions: jordsta95