[1.7.10] Ingenuity - Are you Ingenious? ---- Where's all the usual mods?!?! o.O

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
yes it might be but they have a companion mod that goes with build craft as i remember that has a unused ore doubling system you may want to take a look at. I can't remember the name of the mod but i remember it was from the buildcraft team.
There's only 2 ways to double ores in the pack, neither of which use RF - which is the way I would like ore-doubling to be kept

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
There's only 2 ways to double ores in the pack, neither of which use RF - which is the way I would like ore-doubling to be kept
the duster doesn't use rf it uses kinetic energy of you jumping. You could always disable the RF machines you don't want in. I could send you a link to a mod pack that uses it. i don't want to link it in the thread and pull away from urs. You could try it out and see.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
the duster doesn't use rf it uses kinetic energy of you jumping. You could always disable the RF machines you don't want in.
Eh, still gonna say no.
I like the idea, but (take no offence from this) if it takes more than 1 or 2 posts to even make me check out the mod (maybe a few more to actually add it) I will probably say no.
Just because if it hasn't caught my attention, it probably never will.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Eh, still gonna say no.
I like the idea, but (take no offence from this) if it takes more than 1 or 2 posts to even make me check out the mod (maybe a few more to actually add it) I will probably say no.
Just because if it hasn't caught my attention, it probably never will.
It's cool. I assumed you seen RF and said no because of that. No biggy.

Reactions: jordsta95

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
isn't it funny i would rather have to press the jump button over and over rather then hold down the left click? rofl

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Well with the grinding stone you have to hold the mouse down to get the crank to work and with the duster you have to jump up and down on the duster with the ore on top. I thought is was funny that i would rather have to jump up repeatly then to hold down the mouse button on the grinding stone.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well with the grinding stone you have to hold the mouse down to get the crank to work and with the duster you have to jump up and down on the duster with the ore on top. I thought is was funny that i would rather have to jump up repeatly then to hold down the mouse button on the grinding stone.
There's a non-manual way to double (and triple) ores that doesn't involve AE ;)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i know but that is how most people start is with the grinding stone before they get into the non manual ones. me i use NEi and press u and go with the easiest. The only other starter ore double i know of besides the ones talked about the Crushers from Metallurgy 3 which is also fun to use and works with TiCo using add on that allow Metallurgy 3 metal tools.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
i know but that is how most people start is with the grinding stone before they get into the non manual ones. me i use NEi and press u and go with the easiest. The only other starter ore double i know of besides the ones talked about the Crushers from Metallurgy 3 which is also fun to use and works with TiCo using add on that allow Metallurgy 3 metal tools.
Metallurgy is not going to happen. No one would ever be able to convince me otherwise. I just don't like it as a mod ;)
It's a very well made mod, but it uglifies vanilla tools/armour and adds "useless" stuff to the game...

Anyway, I am in the process of updating the pack now. I will probably do the minetweakering stuff tomorrow and release the next update then :)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey i just logged back in and it spawned another set of doggy charms things. is that supposed to happen?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Metallurgy is not going to happen. No one would ever be able to convince me otherwise. I just don't like it as a mod ;)
It's a very well made mod, but it uglifies vanilla tools/armour and adds "useless" stuff to the game...

Anyway, I am in the process of updating the pack now. I will probably do the minetweakering stuff tomorrow and release the next update then :)
i wasn't suggesting puting it in. I don't want no Dino riding laser creepers with Metallurgy armor on running around. Right now i'm smelting iron for clippers because my village spawned near a swamp. hehe going to set up some repair on the old tools. hehe

Reactions: jordsta95

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
While I have the changelog in mind, the (as of now) changelog:
Sneak preview at what is to come at some point (hopefully) tomorrow. Please feel free to ask any questions, give advice on what you'd change, before it goes live :)
Mods added:
Pneumatic Furnace (popcorn made possible through PneumaticCraft)
Carnivora (a few extra foods - the mod is still alpha, so more is to come, but at least eggs have more of a use)
INpureCore - Hopefully this will hopefully help with the NEI lag. Unfortunately I cannot update NEI, as you will lose the ability to use NEI (the items disappear, and you cannot search - common bug with NEI as of late v_v)
Chisel2 (1.8 rocks removed from world gen, all can be obtained through the chisel if the optional update part is enabled, otherwise only marble will be obtainable)
More Boiler Options (enjoy your Railcrafting)

Mods Updated:
Applied Energistics 2
Botania (will probably be outdated as soon as the pack goes live tomorrow)
Blue Power + QmunityLib
Enhanced Inventories
ExtraUtilities
OpenBlocks + OpenModsLib
PneumaticCraft
Runic Dungeons

Mods removed :( : (unfortunately this sometimes happens)
ExtraCells - It caused issues with an update to AE2, causing very beautiful crashes which everyone would have loved >_> It hasn't been updated, and I am impatient.

Optional Update: (this is the first time I have ever done this, so let's see how well this goes down)
This will not be enabled by default, if you would like these features you will need to (if using the FTB launcher) download the update, then close the game. Press the "edit mods" button on the launcher, and enable Minetweaker3 and Modtweaker!
Added Minetweaker and Modtweaker
Applied Energistics changes:
-No longer can AE2 be used for storing items - it can still autocraft (for now?) and access other inventories, but the ME drive and storage cells are now uncraftable
-ME glass cables now require a bit of steel, but less fluix crystals, to make 16 :) (that's me feeling generous)
Chisel2 changes:
-1.8 world gen can be accessed by putting cobblestone into the chisel (apart from marble, which can be acquired by using Blue Power marble)
Tinkers' Construct changes:
Tool Forge now requires you to have been playing with Botania for a while (this is to gate the "OP tools" behind the similar tools Botania has to offer) - this was the happy medium I decided to settle with based on people not liking the Tinkers' end game tools being so easy, but people also liking the basic tools (pickaxe, shovel, etc.)
Only the pink based tool forge has a crafting recipe (all others should not show in NEI) - This is due to the former change

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey seared tank stays empty no matter where it is place. Might suggest using seared window instead it seem to work right.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
You might want to remove the mossy stone types from chisel. Depends on how hard you want moss ball to be to get.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i took my sear tank over to the lava and place down and empty 6 bucket of lava and each time it stayed at empty status. I thought maybe it was a glitch of not being connected to the smelter so i brought back some lava and the same thing happen. no matter how many bucket i tryed to fill it with it always stayed empty. So i made a sear window and used it since it acts like a tank and The seared window filled with lava. No clue what did it. the window works fine till you can fix it if it is on ur end. It could be a TiCo problem of coarse.