[1.7.10] Ingenuity - Are you Ingenious? ---- Where's all the usual mods?!?! o.O

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
I would add pams, but I wouldn't add it without hunger overhaul - Which I don't want. But if I can find a neat new food mod, then I will add it (I was going to add the subway sandwhich mod, but it was a little too "underwhelming")
As for Decocraft, unlikely, just because I have seen it playing up in some packs (causing long load times, etc.) - Also, I think some of the stuff in it is either tacky, or just not that nice looking.

There is already enhanced inventories, which adds massive storage to chests. But AE is there just for "ease of access" and autocrafting (which can be nice in a later stage, for example needing to craft 2000 stairs for a build)
I may make it so that if you enable minetweaker (to get custom recipes) you will no longer be able to craft the storage part (ME drive/storage drives) but it adds something that some people may need.

Especially if you are going to "complete" every mod, you will most likely have loads of chests filled. And finding stuff could be a massive pain :/

I hate having to cut mining trips short because of inventory space being filled. Yes, i could throw it out. But some people may not, because they want to use it later.
Also, I think they look crap, and just spawn waaaaaaay too much.
If you are playing vanilla+chisel 2 (nothing else) then fine, but vanilla+mods which add ores, not so much
You can use Pam's without hunger overhaul... thats a seperate mod. or you can just use both... =)

As for Decocraft, i have played a lot with it and never ran into any performance issues or load time. No more then any other mod, I really do feel it fits well into this pack.

As for the stone, you can make 3 /dev/null place the block you want deleted in it, and when you pick up that block... it deletes. I normally use one with cobble, but if dorite, andisite and Granite are in the pack, i just make a few more.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
You can use Pam's without hunger overhaul... thats a seperate mod. I also dont like hunger overhaul unless its a Bnb/ AG pack.

As for Decocraft, i have played a lot with it and never ran into any performance issues or load time. No more then any other mod, I really do feel it fits well into this pack.

I believe that jordsta95 meant that pams doesn't have a whole lot of uses without hunger overhaul.

Reactions: jordsta95

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
how so? it has more food then any food mod.... Thats like saying ore has no use without machines
But why would you create that food? I have it in my single player world and I only make black berry juice as it is simple to get and does the job.
I have no reason at all to make any of the higher foods because this juice gets the job more then done.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You can use Pam's without hunger overhaul... thats a seperate mod. or you can just use both... =)
I believe that jordsta95 meant that pams doesn't have a whole lot of uses without hunger overhaul.
Pretty much that.
Yes, Pam's has a lot of good food, but when something as easy to get as toast give you half of your food bar, and almost fills your saturation...

Maybe. I dunno. We'll see.

As for the stone, you can make 3 /dev/null place the block you want deleted in it, and when you pick up that block... it deletes. I normally use one with cobble, but if dorite, andisite and Granite are in the pack, i just make a few more.
that still means you have to use 3 extra inventory slots ;) It's easier just to say "use a chisel to turn your (cobble)stone into the blocks you want. As you can get cobble pretty easily, and if you are low, and you have a little spare cash, the villagers will trade you ;) And seeing as you can make massive profits in a village, it's not too hard to buy infinite cobble (assuming your village has a "quarry")

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
But if I can find a neat new food mod, then I will add it
Is the Agriculture mod at 1.7.10 stage? That was a lot like Pam's, but less extensive - might be interesting?

Also, I think they look crap
Now, I'm going to disagree with you here, BUT that is not in any way an attack on you - I simply have a different opinion! :) I can see why you would think so; but, working in a geology enviroment, I've realised that the vanilla textures for them are actually VERY good (though the pink granite is just one type of granite you can find) - they have done a remarkable job of making them look like the stuff you really find! Is it all of the textures you dislike, or is it mainly the granite, because that one really does stick out a bit. If the vanilla stone texture wasn't quite so smooth, I think the others would fit in with it really well! But, that's entirely my opinion!

I do think that with a really good texture pack, where the different types were all made to look even more realistic and the stone was made to look more "rough", that you might find your feelings on it to be not quite so strong, but I may be wrong about that ;)

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
Carpenter's Blocks is in already.
Chisel 2 may get added, but I would need to decide how best to obtain the 1.8 stones (I don't like them spawning in the world)
You could make them obtainable by the vanilla crafting recipes (Diorite 2 Quarts and 2 Cobble, Granite Diorite + Quartz, Andesite Diorite + Cobble) A little expensive, but it's not like most people will want to use them anyway

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Agriculture mod at 1.7.10 stage? That was a lot like Pam's, but less extensive - might be interesting?

Now, I'm going to disagree with you here, BUT that is not in any way an attack on you - I simply have a different opinion! :) I can see why you would think so; but, working in a geology enviroment, I've realised that the vanilla textures for them are actually VERY good (though the pink granite is just one type of granite you can find) - they have done a remarkable job of making them look like the stuff you really find! Is it all of the textures you dislike, or is it mainly the granite, because that one really does stick out a bit. If the vanilla stone texture wasn't quite so smooth, I think the others would fit in with it really well! But, that's entirely my opinion!

I do think that with a really good texture pack, where the different types were all made to look even more realistic and the stone was made to look more "rough", that you might find your feelings on it to be not quite so strong, but I may be wrong about that ;)
No, I don't like any to be honest.
The andesite? (the grey one) looks too much like stone, when mining at low light levels, the granite should be the white type (as that is a natural association, even though it's not correct - it's like copper should be green, but in games it is always orange)
The other one is just meh :p

You could make them obtainable by the vanilla crafting recipes (Diorite 2 Quarts and 2 Cobble, Granite Diorite + Quartz, Andesite Diorite + Cobble) A little expensive, but it's not like most people will want to use them anyway
Ew, quartz has much better uses :p

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
No, I don't like any to be honest.
The andesite? (the grey one) looks too much like stone, when mining at low light levels, the granite should be the white type (as that is a natural association, even though it's not correct - it's like copper should be green, but in games it is always orange)
The other one is just meh :p
Eh, that's fair enough :) And the diorite is pretty similar to what white granite looks like. Good point about the copper ore too!

I think enabling you to produce them in Chisel is the best route - no cluttered up underground, but if you want the choice its there!

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
But why would you create that food? I have it in my single player world and I only make black berry juice as it is simple to get and does the job.
I have no reason at all to make any of the higher foods because this juice gets the job more then done.
Why create anything in modded minecraft?
For me i like to open up a restaurant on the servers i play on, where people come eat and trade.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much that.
Yes, Pam's has a lot of good food, but when something as easy to get as toast give you half of your food bar, and almost fills your saturation...

Maybe. I dunno. We'll see.

that still means you have to use 3 extra inventory slots ;) It's easier just to say "use a chisel to turn your (cobble)stone into the blocks you want. As you can get cobble pretty easily, and if you are low, and you have a little spare cash, the villagers will trade you ;) And seeing as you can make massive profits in a village, it's not too hard to buy infinite cobble (assuming your village has a "quarry")
you can change the values the food gives i believe. or just use the overhaul mod.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Why create anything in modded minecraft?
For me i like to open up a restaurant on the servers i play on, where people come eat and trade.

If I create something in minecraft I do it to make future projects easier something that making high tier food does not. Also note that it was single player thus selling food is not really an option

you can change the values the food gives i believe. or just use the overhaul mod.

I believe that jordsta95 was against adding hunger overhaul so saying that by adding hunger overhaul the "problems" that pams has are fixed are in my eyes even more reasons to not add pams.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Carpenter's Blocks is in already.
Chisel 2 may get added, but I would need to decide how best to obtain the 1.8 stones (I don't like them spawning in the world)
How about a book case of some kind. rofl

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I am a big fan of not adding in any of those mods. I hate both of them unless they fit the pack which in this pack they would seem out of place. Some kind of funture mod though...rofl

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I despise bibliocraft with a passion, and do not see the point in it.
It adds some pretty stuff, but it's not like it ADDS anything. You can use chests to store stuff, instead of bookcases, for example.
The only thing it adds that isn't in anything else is the printing press which costs so much XP it isn't even worth using.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I hate the printing press. rofl Hey how do you feel about Build craft? I ask for a reason.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I enjoy Buildcraft and think it is a great mod, but it's used enough for me to warrant it not being added to the pack
yes it might be but they have a companion mod that goes with build craft as i remember that has a unused ore doubling system you may want to take a look at. I can't remember the name of the mod but i remember it was from the buildcraft team.

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
yes it might be but they have a companion mod that goes with build craft as i remember that has a unused ore doubling system you may want to take a look at. I can't remember the name of the mod but i remember it was from the buildcraft team.
Wasn't it called Eureka or something? I remember stumbling upon that in a random pack I played

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Wasn't it called Eureka or something? I remember stumbling upon that in a random pack I played

You are thinking about the wrong mod. buildcraft additions adds some nice ore procession together with other tools and it relys on Eureka to prevent you from making certain items until you used the last tier for a certain amount