1.7.10 Infinity Is Nothing

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 12: Guess What I Got For Easter

Haha nope sorry guys, both wrong... Actually started Thaumcraft, in a mother flipping castle(well it will be one day).

So let's get to the update:

EWEuyob.jpg

Firstly the ****ing pyramid is ****ing done, finally!!! All that's left is to builders wand it's glass box and sort out the lighting underneath it. Will just use painted glowstone blocks to make it nice and bright. You may also notice the skway:

Dhu2Ftu.jpg

Yes the exterior of the skyways are done! Woot! Here I need some help from you guys, I need ideas for the towers that will fit nicely with the theme, especially how to cap them off cos I'm at a loss? Notice also another cobble monstrosity on the hill:

wIJN8fs.jpg

My Thaumcraft castle! Well the skeleton of it for now, got a bunch of nodes for recharging and have started my Super-Node bullying:

BvlyYUc.jpg

7x7x7 cube with nodes in the corners, started with a massive 120 Terra node in the middle from the Twilight Forest and aiming to get at least 91 of each aspect so I can get a 9 centivis energised node.

TfPkgAj.jpg

Farms texturised and Agricraft sprinklers installed, wanted to start on the Agricraft breeding but gotta wait a bit so I can get the weed killer.

9xcWHAL.jpg

Botania progressing nicely, Portal to Elfheim open, bunch of thermalillies and automated terrasteel production.

68P7Iv6.png

My dwarven entrance hall has now been converted to the Department of Mysteries;)

4UH8Yip.png

Elevator down to the Wardens office on the left and the vault door on the right. 3 layer TiC drawbridge door.

nhbQhW8.png
tQ7NBzx.png
aW9Hv4e.jpg

The Vault!

QGAvUzx.jpg
sxtsh3M.jpg

AE2 Laboratory(insert gratuitous exclamation mark here).

Comments, suggestions, criticisms welcome as always. And some ideas for those towers would be greatly appreciated.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
looks good. like the skyways. Had something similar in mind for a future build. Now I kinda want to do it now :p

Maybe you could add a disc to the top of the towers. Give it panorama window in the style of the skyways and then use the interior to house something. It would make skyway actually lead to these small base structures instead of just being a long tunnel from one end of the base to the other(I always have problems with actually using these kind of tunnels/roads/minecart tramways/whatever unless I place something important along them. Else I just jetpack from one place to the other instead).

Oh another little note: Perhaps it would look better if you broke up the windows in the skyway into smaller parts. Something in the back of my head always nags me when I do so large windows as they would be quite impossible to make, move and place :p Maybe just a few vertical beams to divide it up into 2-3 separate windows per segment.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I like the disk idea, like the things in Seattle in Men In Black!

Planning a train system between the areas so I'll ramp the tracks up into the disk and use that for disembarking and switching!

I use travellers staff mostly anyway, just using this so my base isn't just a collection of random buildings dotted around the place.

Mmmm nah, I like the big windows. I tried with smaller ones but it got too 'busy'.

Really appreciated dude!

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ya I thought of that but need to test to see how much slower they'll be compared to a ramp using high speed rails
You would need to slow down to normal speed rails anyway at switch tracks and when cornering. High speed tracks are purely for straight lines.

I never bothered with HS tracks tbh. You need really long distances for it to be worth it. You need transition tracks to transition from normal tracks to HS tracks and back again every time you have a side track, a bend or a stop. Else you get catastrophic crashes.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Using HS tracks purely cos I've never used them before, but more thinking and elevator tracks will let me have a much cleaner build.

Anyway that's a looong way away, just glad I've got an idea to cap my towers that also solves my space issue with the cart system

Reactions: rhn

LoggBR

Jul 29, 2019
Good buildings
I liked the last picture, since i love suspended areas like that.
Nice work ;)

hiharryII

Jul 29, 2019
My dwarven entrance hall has now been converted to the Department of Mysteries;)

I'm a fan! HP all the way!

EDIT: derp I messed up the quote, sorry