1.7.10 Infinity Is Nothing

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 9: "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary"

If I never see another Carpenters Wedge Slopes it'll be too soon... Sadly I'm probably only about halfway done with needing them.

HtRx13Z.jpg
FRdZXTf.jpg

Spot the difference! An overview of what I've been up to. That'll be the rough shape, will add details and textures in future.

8wA5L3p.png

The start of the interior of the tunnels and skyways. Much more detail coming and possibly TRAINS!

UHORnKT.jpg

Look! More Carpenters Wedge Slopes! Liquid pyramid starting to take shape, also undid my flattening and looks 1000x better.

dbnzm4a.jpg

View from the ground showing just how big of a build this is, really doesn't help that each "block" of the pyramid requires at least 3 clicks to place(more if I have to rotate the Carpenters Block). Also a good angle to see the skyway basic shape.

Other than above not much to report, just reorganised a few barrels and that's it. Entirely visual day, I need a beer...

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a hell of a lot of smelteries going up!

7 in total, be warned this may eat your FPS for breakfast, smelteries seem absolutely horrible in this regard. Also the whole build was designed around using casting channels and that had to be scrapped because FPS dropped to 7 even when they were empty. AND when filled the graphics of the fluid flow glitched out massively...

But as I said this is just a tease post, the finished Blacksmith's shop and an epically cool build coming soon™

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 10: I like coke, GIVE ME COKE!!!

Updated to 1.2.1

Added: Dark Menagerie Beta 2.0
(for shits and giggles mainly)

Removed: Thermal Dynamics (seriously not fcking interested in a whole new microblock/facade system, USE FORGE MICROBLOCKS FOR CHRIST SAKES)

Also re-enabled JourneyMap as I'm tired of dissapearing maps and waypoints in Mapwriter.

V430Rzq.jpg

Firsts things first, pyramid getting there slowly. Level 2 complete and Level 3 main glass structure in place.

Now just for the tedious bit of carpenters blocks and then texturising them. Oh how I wish you could combine Carpenter's Blocks and textures before placing!

NAtgPe4.png
GO7Fp35.jpg

As teased before the completed blacksmiths shop... Chimneys courtesy of microblocks, Railcraft smokers and a(cheated in, ssshhh) Twilight Forest Encased Smoker.

87ye3TF.png

Manual smelter for alloying/tool construction etc... Decocraft is absolutely awesome btw, no idea when it was added but I love it!

gM8uKJx.png

4 of the 6 automated smelteries, one for each of the ore berries and one for clear glass.

Yes, I know you don't need to smelt the berries...

Ender IO duct heads into the main building for casting. Plan was to use casting channels but they completely destroyed my FPS and the way the fluid flowed looked awful so had to scrap the idea.

JLyvGEP.png

The "fireboxes" under each of the smelteries, each contain 9 oreberry bushes, 9 AA's and a vacuum hopper.

The Clear Glass Smeltery(one nearest the door you can see in the overhead shot) has a cobble gen and a pulveriser in it to make sand.

x80gXMM.png

Interior of the shop, casting tables for each of the ingots and a basin for the clear glass, each outputted into the barrel next to them using Item Conduits.

Yet more Decocraft stuff;)

YbwFnJd.jpg
bKEwFXp.jpg
x7maJAj.png

My coke ovens! Supplied via MFR conveyors and emptied with minecarts! The actual multi-block is inside my bigger structure.

Oh no you might be saying, those poor minecarts are gonna crash into a wall, aaahhh but wait and see further down.

Oh and 10 internet points to whomever states the obvious...

9aZpsKy.jpg

Best to start at the beginning and walk through from there. A buildcraft gate detects an empty inventory on the coke oven, and signal is passed wirelessly to the redstone circuit shown. A pulse former triggers a state cell to run for 30sec, signal is then inverted in a NOT gate so a timer begins ticking at 1sec intervals. OpenBlocks dropper then drops a coal onto an MFR conveyor. State cell then resets and timer is stopped, resulting in about 30 coal deposited.

Coal is resupplied to the droppers via a B-Space JABBA barrel tuned to my main coal storage in the barrel room.

zdsHZkx.png

The coal on it's merry way, drops off the end of the conveyor into a hopper. The blocks under the conveyor are actually Technical Blocks from Chisel so are spinning and look really cool.

PNT5x9Y.png

The actual coke oven. Coal brought down from the hopper via EnderIO, coke extracted with Item Conduits as well into the item loader out front and Creosote removed with BC Pipes and an Autarchic gate into a Liquid Loader.

Structure pipe with gate and Wireless Transmitter on the left of shot to trigger refueling.

soK6VdX.png

Item and liquid loaders out the front of the ovens. Loaders are set to "immediate" so cart goes as soon as the loader is empty.

Carts then enter the mountain on the right hand side(if you looking from the front as in the first pic).

IHAqFfc.png

The cart hits a detector track which opens the door, while this is happening the cart is held on a boarding mode Locking Track. Once the door is opened another set of Drawbridges at the bottom of the door place 2 tracks, a further delayed pulse then shoots the cart off again. Tracks are removed and door closes.

All done with repeaters(to delay the pulse as needed) and state cells/NOT gates to control the drawbridges.

8ytx5hO.png

Coke sent via enderchest back to barrel room and Creosote via Ender Tank to pyramid. May or may not be temporary, will have to see if I can come up with something interesting in future.

FRRGZEX.png

Same redstone logic opens the door on the left side and the cart completes it's loop.

EW9YXOh.png

If you look closely at the wide shots you can see some steam escaping. This is done using a Railcraft steam grate, timer and randomiser as shown above. Made this plan for the Blacksmith smoke stacks but ProjectRed gates don't play nice with microblocks so adapted it for here. Timer triggers the randomiser and depending on RNGeesus the Steam Grate will activate.

Under a Steam Grate I cheated in an Admin Steam Producer, wasn't gonna work out a whole steam supply system just for some particles;)

XG1TUr1.jpg

And finally an overview of where everything is fitting in...

Last edited:

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
Don't feel bad about the cheating, I do it all the time on my worlds I consider legit :p Oh well, looking great, are you gonna get started on some magic soon?

Reactions: Dante12129

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Don't feel bad about the cheating, I do it all the time on my worlds I consider legit :p Oh well, looking great, are you gonna get started on some magic soon?

Oh I don't feel bad trust me...

Yes, very soon™... Haha but don't panic I WILL be doing Thaumcraft, Blood Magic and Witchery at some point, probably in that order. Just a few more things to set up first, currently busy with mob spawning.

GreenG0blet

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question. I tried adding iguana Tweaks myself too in this pack but when i did it i got some errors. It told me to download a newer version of Tconstruct and ForgeMultipart. Still errors after that. How did you solve those? Sorry i'm a bit of a noob with these things. Maybe you can upload your modpack with that installed?

Thanks

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question. I tried adding iguana Tweaks myself too in this pack but when i did it i got some errors. It told me to download a newer version of Tconstruct and ForgeMultipart. Still errors after that. How did you solve those? Sorry i'm a bit of a noob with these things. Maybe you can upload your modpack with that installed?

Thanks

Hmmm, I just downloaded IguanaTinkerTweaks-1.7.10-2.1.2. Do that then go into the launcher, click "Edit Modpack", then "Add Mod", find it wherever it saved, select it and then click "Open". Or just dump it into your "mods" folder.

Personally had no issues, maybe there's a newer version of Iguana Tweaks that needs updated TiC and Multipart that you're trying to install.

GreenG0blet

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, I just downloaded IguanaTinkerTweaks-1.7.10-2.1.2. Do that then go into the launcher, click "Edit Modpack", then "Add Mod", find it wherever it saved, select it and then click "Open". Or just dump it into your "mods" folder.

Personally had no issues, maybe there's a newer version of Iguana Tweaks that needs updated TiC and Multipart that you're trying to install.

Alright, thanks for your answer. I'll try and download that version. What version of the infinity pack are you using? 1.2.1?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 11: Insert Name Here

Added: OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_B5

I must say WOW here, massive difference! Everything much smoother and FPS nice and stable. Only issue is a screen flicker every now and then and a few blocks flashing(Z fighting) but otherwise I'm completely astounded how well it worked.

So let's get to it, I said in a previous post I was busy with mobspawning and indeed I was:

No One Can Hear You Scream

Ne3g1pX.png

Basic structure with few details, entrance is done with drawbridges and can only be activated from outside in the guardroom or for me(the corrupt warden) with a Draconic Evolution player detector.

DCw31K6.png

View from the entrance gate towards where the wardens office will be.

xNra8MU.jpg

The completed cells, floor and ceiling will be added once I have a wand of equal trade. Each cell door(carpenters doors on the top row and drawbridges bottom 2 layers) is independently controlled via redstone.

JNtibiH.jpg

Prison control, each cell has it's grinder, spawner and door controlled from here.

XCIDzCE.jpg

Redstone setup controlling everything, lotsa levers...

YYakaR9.png

Every prison needs a convenient alleyway behind the cells to aid prisoner escapes and mine is no different, mob essence and power in, items out.

NUt5ooP.png

Main entrance to prison, the gates are all controlled so that they can only be opened from the outside and require 2 simultaneous button presses to open. OR be the warden and a player detector opens for you.

This build has been put on the back burner for a while until I get a Wand Of Equal Trade, the amount of redstone controls under the floor in the entranceway means I can't break and replace blocks without completely screwing everything up. As for the main prison floor and guardhouse, I'm fcking over it, I hated this build for some reason, digging out the floor's, ceiling and walls holds no appeal for me so it'll have to wait too....

And I got distracted:

Oooh shiny

VVZ0ceV.png

AE setup progressing nicely.

ILLK5N4.png

Charger and Inscriber setup(NO SFM REQUIRED)

knP4bUo.jpg
eKeNVG7.jpg

Adjusted machine room layout. Upgraded magmatics to maximum power.

vAUHGEy.jpg
PKra8Ty.png

Chest and Barrel "vault" adjusted to accommodate AE, cos disk drives are boring.

vK0aa3C.jpg

The Super Soaryn Drive taken in a different direction.

cghW4Dr.png

An overview of where everything is fitting, immediately left will be an elevator down into the wardens study, next door left is the vault, above it is the AE room, final door leads up to the mobspawner and to the right we have the machine room and further up(not visible) the exit to the coke ovens.

VR36OM2.jpg

And finally the damn pyramid is done, just need to encase it in it's clear glass box and decide what material to make it's support structures out of.

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused of what the "Liquid Storage" is supposed to be, like can't you just get a few bedrockium drums and hide them away or something? But otherwise, looking great as always, can't wait to see more progress

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused of what the "Liquid Storage" is supposed to be, like can't you just get a few bedrockium drums and hide them away or something? But otherwise, looking great as always, can't wait to see more progress

Gonna be filled with 5x7x5 Railcraft Steel Tanks...

Well yes I could, also could have put a coke oven in a hole in the ground, or used a disk drive, or used cyclic assemblers for the berries, or scattered farms on an area flattened by a filler, or built 9x9's in a plains biome connected with gravel roads etc etc etc.

I've been playing MC too long to go the "easiest" route anymore, it's boring and everyone does it.