1.7.10 Infinity Is Nothing

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 6: From Hobbit to Dwarf
So after much wailing and gnashing of teeth finally some progress!!!

hQjywFe.png

Following advice my updated compact lava pump using the "Transmission Coil Ducting" Augment.

Vugz5VG.png

My Liquid XP gathering setup, I replaced the sprinkler with another Essence Berry Bush when I remembered that bonemeal doesn't work on them. Feed into an OpenBlocks Auto-enchantment table to make the enchanted books for EU magical wood for ender quarry(not shown).

This is the only thing left in my starting hole in the ground.

J0VtY5c.png

Speaking of an ender quarry, got a 64x64 starter one put in over an extreme hills(that luckily is close by and generated in 1.01 so there's emeralds). Power in thru Tesseract and items out with ender chest, you'll see why just now.

Can't say how nice it is to sit back and watch Direwolf while smoking a hubbly and mining just happens!

rGCoPDW.png

Entrance hall to storage and processing mountain base(in the hole bottom left below the UFO spawner). Stairway visible leads up to the spawner. Between the next arches the storage room is on the right and processing room on the left. Is why I'm using an enderchest for items cos didn't wanna waste my shiny ingots.

As an aside is anyone finding Ferrous Ore extremely rare? My quarry so far has netted me 19 emeralds, 8 Draconium(supposed to be really hard to find) and just 12 ferrous?

Sorsi43.png

CmzdbqL.png

Storage room, going old school cos AE storage is boring for me now. Planning to turn it into a something resembling a bank vault;) Items enter via the enderchest and are placed in barrels with EU Transfer Pipes.

Chests still sorted by hand for now:(

5psw1r9.png

A bigger hole in the ground coming off the left of the hallway and not much else, desperately need ideas for this room. Always struggle with main processing floors as they're so varied and above all have to function perfectly....

22 Magmatics giving me power atm.

In other news I got my silk touch so Cursed Earth spawner is a go, with my ender lillies as well I'm finally getting a decent supply of ender pearls! Also have a builders wand which will be a lifesaver. Oh yes and a feed station so I can get a decent leather supply going, leather is one of my pet MC hates so if anyone has a setup that'll produce a billion leather a sec that I can just void I'd love to build it!

Next up(after some major AFK hoping for more Ferrous) will be terraforming for farms...

Last edited:

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
I've been finding ferrous really rarely too, although I've found only 1 draconium and half a stack or so of ferrous... I don't know. Also, can you turn brightness and smooth lighting to the max? I just like the look :)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I've been finding ferrous really rarely too, although I've found only 1 draconium and half a stack or so of ferrous... I don't know. Also, can you turn brightness and smooth lighting to the max? I just like the look :)

Yeah I think I'm gonna adjust spawn rate up then once I've added all the mods I'm going to before creating a mining age... Sorry, no.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 7: Dig a Hole, Dig a Hole
Added

AppleCore 1.1.0
Hunger Overhaul 1.7.10-beta.5
Spice Of Life-mc1.7.10-1.2.3

Added them in because I wanted an excuse to make, and automate, the complicated foods Pam's offers. Only reason ;)

SIDE NOTE: I've tweaked the Hunger Overhaul configs to supply a seed every time a Harvestcraft plant is broken, this avoids the SFM/autocrafting needed to automate Pams.

LqIEn1B.jpg
54UDwEH.jpg

Much terraforming later and I've got my tiered farm layout complete and starting to function. Lot's still to do but starting to look quite nice... To anyone thinking of copying this just don't, the amount of digging and counting every block 19 times to make sure everything lines up nearly drove me mad.

The only thing I'm not happy with is that long straight line across the bottom of the farms, gotta break it up somehow... Oh and it looks crap on the minimap cos you can't see the elevation changes.

So far I have wheat, oak trees, vanilla crops, pig and cow breeder/slaughterer, all Pam's crops required to make the "feasts" and a sheep, cow, chicken rancher set up.

Using Ender IO conduits exclusively now, my word MFR is so much better when you can put multiple pipes in one block! Power in via a tesseract and items heading back into the mountain thru an ender chest.

3L2kd07.png

Hi my name's Scotty and I'm a barrel addict...

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Dont know about newer versions, but used to work just fine.
I have always used pigs though. Think I tried other animals once and it failed. So always used pigs since then. You also need to make sure it is just past midnight. If it is just before it will fail. There is also the whole light level thing. It is much easier to do with the sigil, simply because it will tell you if something is wrong, but it can be done without it.

coming back to this, I actually tried it again in my test world, a 9x9 patch of dirt with a circle of redstone in the middle with an enchanting table.
2 blocks above the dirt is a 9x9 of fences to prevent any mobs from spawning, except spiders because they can spawn in a 1 high area.

ofcourse the 3x3 center is not covered in fences, otherwise the ritual will fail.
I moved the time to midnight, went into survival mode and killed a chicken... nothing.
I tried another chicken... nothing. I grabbed a sigil from NEI and it did light up, so it wasn't too early or too late.

so I deleted the sigil, switched to midnight again, and tried a pig... nothing.
I tried another pig... nothing.
I grabbed another sigil from NEI, everything was a positive, and I tried to kill another pig, and boom, the ritual was succesful.

so I actually need a sigil to be able to do the cursed earth ritual, otherwise it'll not work
something I did notice though, if you look up the sigil in NEI the sigil will actually glow when it's midnight in the NEI screen, so if this ritual is possible without sigil, you could look up the sigil in NEI to see when it's midnight.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
coming back to this, I actually tried it again in my test world, a 9x9 patch of dirt with a circle of redstone in the middle with an enchanting table.
2 blocks above the dirt is a 9x9 of fences to prevent any mobs from spawning, except spiders because they can spawn in a 1 high area.

ofcourse the 3x3 center is not covered in fences, otherwise the ritual will fail.
I moved the time to midnight, went into survival mode and killed a chicken... nothing.
I tried another chicken... nothing. I grabbed a sigil from NEI and it did light up, so it wasn't too early or too late.

so I deleted the sigil, switched to midnight again, and tried a pig... nothing.
I tried another pig... nothing.
I grabbed another sigil from NEI, everything was a positive, and I tried to kill another pig, and boom, the ritual was succesful.

so I actually need a sigil to be able to do the cursed earth ritual, otherwise it'll not work
something I did notice though, if you look up the sigil in NEI the sigil will actually glow when it's midnight in the NEI screen, so if this ritual is possible without sigil, you could look up the sigil in NEI to see when it's midnight.
Hmm just tested it out in TPPI(1.6.4) and seems to no longer be possible here either. Must have been changed. Not sure when as I usually use the sigil anyway due to finding them easily while exploring for suitable places to build.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm just tested it out in TPPI(1.6.4) and seems to no longer be possible here either. Must have been changed. Not sure when as I usually use the sigil anyway due to finding them easily while exploring for suitable places to build.

I find that using Biome's o Plenty generation it can be quite difficult to find dungeon chests, than again, it's all about that RNG

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Storage room, going old school cos AE storage is boring for me now. Planning to turn it into a something resembling a bank vault;) Items enter via the enderchest and are placed in barrels with EU Transfer Pipes.

Chests still sorted by hand for now:(
An interesting device you may want to use is the Storage Scanner from RFTools. It allows you to easily sort through items in a more manual way, without AE. I really enjoy it.

Reactions: PierceSG

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 8: The Unfinished Pyramid

First things, over 1000 views! Yay! Thanks!

IfVG4Jp.jpg
whMz4oI.jpg

I'm not Illuminati I swear! I just may have bitten off slightly more than I can chew trying to do the whole build at once.

Will be my "shared liquids room", and# upside down glass pyramid inside a glass box with a few supporting beams that you can see. Also gotta terraform around it so it's not just on a flat box cos atm it looks shyte.

Currently stockpiling mob essence(from UFO mob farm and cow/pig farm) for later spawning and Liquid Essence so I can automate enchanting.

JqdxNqC.png

At last something in the greenhouse! Just a very simple Botania set up for now, still trying to learn the mod. Petal Apothecary is behind the iron chest recessed in the floor so it's easier to drop things into. Auto-refills as well using AA's, XU pipes and filters and an Ender IO Resevoir supplying the infinite water source.

wA3F2dz.png
bHNvB6T.png

Automated endoflames using ProjectRed circuits, Ender IO cable(will hide in the wall), and OpenBlocks droppers. Easy Peasy.

PS: the repeater is needed under the Mana Detector as red alloy cable doesn't pick up the signal for some reason. Also to connect EnderIO and ProjectRed cable, put the Red Alloy Wire onto a block and force connect the Insulated Redstone Conduit to the block, the actual wires don't like connecting.

LiyQvq5.png

Machine room with a few more machines but nothing exciting.

UWa0MLO.jpg
3SsA6hX.jpg

Just to help you guys get a sense of where everything is fitting in!

Other changes to the base: Mob farm now runs a grinder instead of a drop, items to barrel room via enderchest, essence to pyramid via Ender Tank. Installed Travel Anchors to help me pop around and a wireless charging station covering machine and storage room to fill everything up easier.

On the equipment front I'm up to a Resonant JetPack, a full set of Redstone Arsenal armour(not enchanted yet), Soujourners Sash, Ring of Magnetisation, Travellers Staff and a Pyroclasts Pendant(only things in Botania I know how to do).

6iDRRsZ.png

Yet more barrels

Last edited: