1.7.10 Infinity Is Nothing

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 19: Apologies For The Slight Delay

4a2e4gL.jpg

The last of the cobble is gone! Monster spawner now looking exactly like I didn't plan it;) No idea how I can work this build into the storyline but sure I'll think of something...

YAV1pP6.jpg

Oh and I built a bridge...

fKFA92O.jpg
ZnUEfpo.jpg
6YqO6Uk.jpg

Eeeeeeh kah kah kah, my witchery setup...

xmdufNS.png

Circle magic room underneath the altar so I could maximise plant life around it leading to:

ZqPtu23.png

12000 altar power, FYI BoP and Natura plants don't work but Thaumcraft plants do.

kgKDACX.png

The witches are an open and loving bunch(even though they are a bit weird, and keep little green slaves) and there is but one locked door in their whole homestead, I wonder what is inside:

qAGGHeV.png

Death protection poppets! And a mean guard, so mean in fact he wouldn't look at the camera... Entire room is warded for ultimate protection.

sUCLQLo.jpg
vztNGdd.png

Gratuitous nighttime arsty shots sponsored by Nitor, beautifying gardens since whenever Azanor added it in.

n1iAWOk.jpg
WfRkDRW.png
BDYalD1.png
5ZDl1dD.jpg

Now back to tech, I was never happy with the reactor room so I've added ramps down to the bottom of the reactor and built what is supposed to be the steam producer. Usually this is inside the reactor casing IRL but apparently Steve is resistant to almost any form of radiation so I didn't bother with that.

Fills the room out a bit better and makes it slightly less boring.

ucq3yAr.jpg

And my current project...

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 20: Powaaaaaaah

The tweaks to the reactor building still left me unimpressed, it was just a big square box, so I added an even bigger rectangular box:

ucq3yAr.jpg

Before

exXwWpn.jpg
TEW64Tb.jpg

After... There's still a lot of terraforming to be done in this area to make it a bit more "techy" instead of a few buildings dotted in a forest. I just have to get an idea for it first and have the majority of the structures in place, planning for this to be the industrial side of my little town.

My sincere apologies for the grievous sin of posting an aesthetic build that's on a floating dirt platform, I shall have the gf whip me... It shall be fixed with the terraforming.

5RQkVio.jpg

That's 18 Big Reactors, 28k RF/t, 7x13x7, 32 ludicrite coil turbines running at +-1800RPM using a total of 36B/t of steam... I put the turbines in the floor because having mapped out the size of the room required if they were above ground I realised it was just ridiculously huge and wouldn't fit into the theme at all.

khFGd4L.jpg
oQ8cbb0.jpg
0P6kKyF.jpg

Interior shots of the turbine hall, the big silver pipe(supposed to look like a pipe with the Carpenters Blocks) is the steam input and the golden fluid pipes the water return however they don't actually do anything functional. It's a closed loop system using tesseracts at the bottom of the turbines for in/out.

The interior came out a lot more vibrant and colourful than I had planned but I personally love it, I've never managed a good looking vibrant build before and it's a nice change from the usual power generation rooms people build.

9rb52up.jpg
SBV512P.jpg

All that power had to go somewhere and I obviously had to build a Draconic Energy Sphere since it's one of the coolest looking things in modded MC.

Not much to show today, the main work was in actually building the turbines and such a big structure to house them...

Need to have a think what my next project should be, any suggestions?

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Personally, I think that the new building is bloody brilliantly designed, it looks epic, as well as adding to the former simple grey box that was the reactor once before.
To be totally honest though, I'm not too much of a fan of the energy sphere setup. It looks pretty badass by itself, but if you ask me I don't so much like how it goes with the reactor buildings right next to it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Looks good.
Would personally not use those hexagonal glowing what-its blocks for beams and main structures. Instead use some more realistic concrete/steel/whatever beam materials. But that is just my personal taste I suppose.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Looks like shiny metal/platinum blocks. Also, I agree. I like the combination of the two types of Chisel Factory Blocks.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I think that the new building is bloody brilliantly designed, it looks epic, as well as adding to the former simple grey box that was the reactor once before.
To be totally honest though, I'm not too much of a fan of the energy sphere setup. It looks pretty badass by itself, but if you ask me I don't so much like how it goes with the reactor buildings right next to it.

Thank you thank you, it's not right next to the reactor? That's my Botania greenhouse, and I ain't moving it now with 400B RF in it...

Looks good.
Would personally not use those hexagonal glowing what-its blocks for beams and main structures. Instead use some more realistic concrete/steel/whatever beam materials. But that is just my personal taste I suppose.

Haha it has to look a bit minecrafty...

Looks like shiny metal/platinum blocks. Also, I agree. I like the combination of the two types of Chisel Factory Blocks.

The pipe is Thermal Foundation Silver Blocks, which 2 Factory Blocks?

Right now I need some advice, I need to build this:

GefzlAsl.jpg

Somewhere here:

1AsmcsOl.jpg

Where should I put it?

First thought was to put one of the small domes just by that gap between the turbine hall and that line of cobble and then have the rest of the structure extending out into the water but that left a huge gap between the cobble wall(will be a blast furnace) and the center dome.

Access to the right of the pic needs to remain available because I want to put Galacticraft and Immersive engineering buildings there.

I'm also having trouble coming up with an idea to terraform and bring together all these buildings that's not just flat terraces like my farms...

PLSE HALP

Reactions: Yusunoha

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Thank you thank you, it's not right next to the reactor? That's my Botania greenhouse, and I ain't moving it now with 400B RF in it...

GefzlAsl.jpg

Somewhere here:

1AsmcsOl.jpg

Where should I put it?

First thought was to put one of the small domes just by that gap between the turbine hall and that line of cobble and then have the rest of the structure extending out into the water but that left a huge gap between the cobble wall(will be a blast furnace) and the center dome.

Access to the right of the pic needs to remain available because I want to put Galacticraft and Immersive engineering buildings there.

I'm also having trouble coming up with an idea to terraform and bring together all these buildings that's not just flat terraces like my farms...

PLSE HALP
Sorry, yeah, I see that now, but, well, my point still stands, though fair enough I wouldn't want to move it myself :p

AS for placement of the dome thingy, I suggest clearing that tall swamp to the right.

amakuzax

Jul 29, 2019

GefzlAsl.jpg

Somewhere here:

1AsmcsOl.jpg

Where should I put it?

PLSE HALP

Put this on your tower and expand it like 50-60+ Y, then build this on it ;) (I would recommend to add some cool red/blue lights to your tower then

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
AS for placement of the dome thingy, I suggest clearing that tall swamp to the right.

Where in the swamp tho? Top or bottom of the reactor building, there will be a road type thing coming past the bottom of the turbine hall, should I keep that going straight an plonk it there(in this case at the bottom of the pic) or should the road go left and I place it at the top of the pic, or none of the above

put it in the sky. :D

There will be a space base one day;) I've never built a void base...

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Put this on your tower and expand it like 50-60+ Y, then build this on it ;) (I would recommend to add some cool red/blue lights to your tower then

The towers and skways are the only things that even remotely connect the base thematically instead of just a collection of random buildings... I'm very reluctant to mess with that.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
These are the 3 places I've thought of, black being the road and the red square the approx position of the "dome thingy"

c71PpIal.jpg

1xJLBehl.jpg

ToWgpMnl.jpg

If you're feeling extra helpful here's the basic image for you to show me ideas:

ODsCIWR.jpg

Remember the road has to be able to get to the area on the right for future buildings

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Great stuff. I like the bridge and how it goes over other buildings. Not sure about where to put the dome-thingy, I struggle enough figuring out where to build in my own game. Probably the first area with the water.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

GefzlAsl.jpg

Somewhere here:

1AsmcsOl.jpg

Where should I put it?

PLSE HALP

Does it have to be 5 domes in a cross shape? Could you not place them dynamically throughout the forest? I love stuff that is build into the "nature" and looks like it is half overgrown or forms artificial clearings.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The brown metal factory blocks, with rivets and without.

I'd stick it in screen 3's place, but like rhn suggested, make it look a little worn down and abused. Almost like it's a disused laboratory that's being used. Vines, cracked stone bricks, some bits that are cobble so it appears to have been worn down by time. Then fill it with stupidly high-tech bits.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
It's for IC2 and I was thinking of going uber high tech with the whole build... The diagonals will be tunnels connecting the different domes, I want to break up all the right angles in this area a bit

My "theme" for this area is "fuck nature we're building our dirtiest and most technologicaly advanced stuff by wiping out a forest"... The green around the buildings will go, with what I don't know yet, and there will be some sort of transition between the industrial site and the forest, also no idea how yet...

I'll sleep on it;)