1.7.10 Infinity Is Nothing

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
In the OP I said I would be showing people how my world came about, instead I've been going "Look I made a thing, worship me!"....

So if theres any unsure builders out there(noobs) here's a quick guide to building a decent looking structure in minecraft from the world's most un-creative man:

The rest of you look away now.

1. Get an idea, not difficult. I use google, so I searched Bee Room and got this:

7r8RlxX.jpg

From here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...icated-24-7-grief-prevention-mature-15.22875/

Never ever post up anything you didn't design and claim credit btw, in all my OP's you'll notice I say I claim none of this as my own work(coke ovens are a modification of Etho's for example). These guys are lucky as I'm actually linking to their thread cos of this guide.

2. Fail to plan and you plan to fail. The image is not very clear but you can work out the planks are 3 wide and the wall is in the middle, so start with what you can see and place the cobble down in the pattern that's visible. Then I did the walls on the flat edges and worked around the middle section to get an idea of the shape. I then looked carefully at the intersections and built out the other hexagons.

Every. Single. Piece. Of that cobble is gone now...

59IWPoX.jpg

3. Swap out where you planned your walls with spruce logs. Check every block to make sure your pattern is right. Textures can be changed with a flick of the wand, shapes are a LOT more difficult to fix if you balls it up.

xAqrZhW.jpg

4. Add in your glass, you've just spent an hour working out this intricate shape, do you really want little squares all over it? No... use connected textures so the only edges visible are those of your awesome hexagons.

ef9xr1l.jpg

5. Planks on top of your glass, CHECK YOUR SHAPE!

MWwyDre.jpg

6. See all that cobble you meticulously placed for the inner edges, match your inside overhang to it to get the perfect hexagonal roof.

SV97j9A.jpg

7. Now go around the outside for the exterior overhang, this is why I stole this design, you get 4 hexagons in one building(inside roof, outside roof, walls and exterior boundary). So much better than squares.

qabnncM.jpg

8. Fill in the floors with dirt, finally all the cobble is gone, yes 12 stacks of cobble put down just to pick it all back up again.

wb8COvw.jpg

9. Add in the "support" structure, cos floating dirt platforms are lame.

Kq9BBZJ.jpg

And there you have a basis for a cool building, now that I'm done I probably would have prefered each cell on a different level but those shapes are quite difficult to do and would've ended in a mess.

All that's needed now is lighting, detailing and to fill it with stuff!

A proper update should come this week, bit demotivated from all the server lag and RL got completely insane for a while. Back to some free time and my schedule from today though.
does it bother anyone else that the lower left cell is different from the other six? because it bothers me greatly.

Reactions: Mindfeak926 and rhn

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 18: The Community Showcase

Woohoo! Back to updates finally! And I've got a good one for you today. Starting off I implemented a bunch of your suggestions and then I've made other progress in prettying up the place.

vKid3mW.jpg

For the anal amongst us, the repaired bee room... Seems I had done this previously after I took the screenies for my build guide, can also now see it "finished".

vBR75uz.png

The Star Trek request from rhn and a textured ceiling in the teleportation room.

3JrIO1a.jpg

The brattices and buttresses added onto the castle, as well as this weeks big project:

oCHAdmr.jpg
j0AW6MI.jpg
ElSg3gV.jpg
rzwCJqG.jpg

The exterior of the skyways and towers are complete! First image also shows the sludge pool that I've buried my sludge boilers under. Next job is the interior followed by the cart system, I've got an idea of how to do it but it's going to be very complicated.

So any of you remember the prison? Well it's finally been finished:

3w79jOJ.jpg

The entrance and guard tower.

FjGOjbY.png

The intake office area, each drawbridge gate is controlled by 2 buttons that have to be pressed within 5sec of each other to open. Also opens with a player detector so I can get around easily.

VrAeQsl.png

The second and third gates, entrance to the guardhouse is to the right in between these 2.

mt4VWAH.png

The guardhouse with each individual cells controls. On the right wall is the button to open the main cell door(only can be opened from the outside). You can just also see 2 pressure plates that open a security door from the inside only so guards can get in quickly to deal with riots.

thj5Rnt.jpg
RBvIE2f.jpg

The main cell block overlooked by the guardroom on one end and the corrupt wardens office on the other(me!). The door under the wardens office also only opens with a player detector.

HQqflXL.png
DPA8vAM.png
lo13kr8.png

And finally the wardens office, plush and cosy as deserved. The levers activate drawbridges that disable the elevator from below and lock the door as well.

Sort of role played the prison build a bit to make the build more interesting, quite pleased how it turned out actually.

As always comments, suggestions, criticisms always appreciated. As you can see if your idea fits into my build I'll gladly add it in, more brains better than just one.

Cheers!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Update 18: The Community Showcase

Woohoo! Back to updates finally! And I've got a good one for you today. Starting off I implemented a bunch of your suggestions and then I've made other progress in prettying up the place.

vKid3mW.jpg

For the anal amongst us, the repaired bee room... Seems I had done this previously after I took the screenies for my build guide, can also now see it "finished".

vBR75uz.png

The Star Trek request from rhn and a textured ceiling in the teleportation room.

3JrIO1a.jpg

The brattices and buttresses added onto the castle, as well as this weeks big project:

oCHAdmr.jpg
j0AW6MI.jpg
ElSg3gV.jpg
rzwCJqG.jpg

The exterior of the skyways and towers are complete! First image also shows the sludge pool that I've buried my sludge boilers under. Next job is the interior followed by the cart system, I've got an idea of how to do it but it's going to be very complicated.

So any of you remember the prison? Well it's finally been finished:

3w79jOJ.jpg

The entrance and guard tower.

FjGOjbY.png

The intake office area, each drawbridge gate is controlled by 2 buttons that have to be pressed within 5sec of each other to open. Also opens with a player detector so I can get around easily.

VrAeQsl.png

The second and third gates, entrance to the guardhouse is to the right in between these 2.

mt4VWAH.png

The guardhouse with each individual cells controls. On the right wall is the button to open the main cell door(only can be opened from the outside). You can just also see 2 pressure plates that open a security door from the inside only so guards can get in quickly to deal with riots.

thj5Rnt.jpg
RBvIE2f.jpg

The main cell block overlooked by the guardroom on one end and the corrupt wardens office on the other(me!). The door under the wardens office also only opens with a player detector.

HQqflXL.png
DPA8vAM.png
lo13kr8.png

And finally the wardens office, plush and cosy as deserved. The levers activate drawbridges that disable the elevator from below and lock the door as well.

Sort of role played the prison build a bit to make the build more interesting, quite pleased how it turned out actually.

As always comments, suggestions, criticisms always appreciated. As you can see if your idea fits into my build I'll gladly add it in, more brains better than just one.

Cheers!
Awesome update! Lots of very nice bits that showed tons of details. Prison is amazing!
Love how you put time into arranging the various Chisel Book Shelf blocks in an order that makes sense :p Can see you put a lot of thought behind that.

Like the Sci-fi towers as well on the walk way thingy. Slightly odd mix with the castle(which also is shaping up very nicely! I am a sucker for realistic built castles built on real landscape), but guess you can RP it that the castle was already there from ancient times and the rest is a modern city shaping around it. Though I am pretty sure you would have all "world heritage/historical societies/etc." after you for that tunnel thingy from the sci-fi tower to the castle :p

And man I wish DecoCraft had more modern/scifi stuff :p

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome update! Lots of very nice bits that showed tons of details. Prison is amazing!
Love how you put time into arranging the various Chisel Book Shelf blocks in an order that makes sense :p Can see you put a lot of thought behind that.

Why thank you!

Like the Sci-fi towers as well on the walk way thingy. Slightly odd mix with the castle(which also is shaping up very nicely! I am a sucker for realistic built castles built on real landscape), but guess you can RP it that the castle was already there from ancient times and the rest is a modern city shaping around it. Though I am pretty sure you would have all "world heritage/historical societies/etc." after you for that tunnel thingy from the sci-fi tower to the castle

Stop reading my brain, that's exactly the thought process behind it! Ah they did indeed whine but when the Minecraftia Energy Company explained it was either put in or the lights would go out they quit their complaining...

And man I wish DecoCraft had more modern/scifi stuff

Ya me too, it's great for medieval/moody/household builds but very lacking in tech stuff, the only real "sci-fi" things they have are the chemistry sets, everything else pretty old school. What I desperately need is steel tables and stools to make a mess area for the prison.

Reactions: PierceSG and rhn

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Is this prision michael scofield aprovved?

Nice look. You manage to include even the silly looking vanilla textures and ends up looking good.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019