[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, First I really like this modpack, but I'm posting this here as I've never had this bug before.

Okay, so I came back to Hubris after I stoppe playing MC for a while and when I loaded my world it was rediculosly laggy. I discovered the problem to be an obsene amount of squids just outside my home (I'm on a penisula beach) and I can't seem to kill the buggers off and I am running out of ideas. Just asking as I would hate to lose this world as I've acumalted alot of stuff and don't want to restart my restart if I don't need too.

Try with /cofh killall squid

That command is also very useful when there are lots of tainted creeper (/cofh killall tainted), since those don't despawn, and fill the mob limit. But try to not call it with an * at the end, or it will kill your animals

B

BlackSoldierB

The "green grass" was caused by optifine, removing it made the grass purple again.

Edit: Does anyone know why the "Mod Options" button does not work?
With my FTB Infinity install it does work.

Last edited:
B

BlackSoldierB

I found it! When you have optifine installed and you are using a texture pack, you have to set the "custom colors" to OFF in video setting->quality. This makes the grass purple again.

dj_teaCosy

Jul 29, 2019
TL;DR: 6 metallum in HarvestCraft dough

Hi all! I'm playing on Hubris 1.4.2, and I've found that some of Pam's Harvestcraft foods/ingredients contain Metallum o_O I reckon that the aspect algorithm reads the Iron Bucket in the dough recipe and adds some Metallum in.
Currently dough and beef wellingtons (and several others, don't have my list on hand) contain 6 metallum each, meaning that with just a bucket of water and some wheat, you can make infinite iron from an automated dough farm and automated Thaumatorium.
I don't know if anyone's aware of this? Google doesn't bring up anything about it. It feels like an unintended feature, and I don't want to entirely exploit it and break the natural progression.

Otherwise, love the pack! Mid-late game nether dungeon rampages are the most exciting things I've ever done in Minecraft. Also, how does one get loot from an underground dungeon in the early game without being instantly devoured by an infernal anything?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019

Hi all! I'm playing on Hubris 1.4.2, and I've found that some of Pam's Harvestcraft foods/ingredients contain Metallum o_O I reckon that the aspect algorithm reads the Iron Bucket in the dough recipe and adds some Metallum in.
Currently dough and beef wellingtons (and several others, don't have my list on hand) contain 6 metallum each, meaning that with just a bucket of water and some wheat, you can make infinite iron from an automated dough farm and automated Thaumatorium.
I don't know if anyone's aware of this? Google doesn't bring up anything about it. It feels like an unintended feature, and I don't want to entirely exploit it and break the natural progression.

Otherwise, love the pack! Mid-late game nether dungeon rampages are the most exciting things I've ever done in Minecraft. Also, how does one get loot from an underground dungeon in the early game without being instantly devoured by an infernal anything?

Greetings, i hope you don't mind that this forum has become silent, but i will answer your question about "infernal anything": Ars Magica Spells and extreme caution. Mainly, something like Projectile + Fire Damage + Ice D + Magic D + Lighning D + Force D will deal enough to defeat the smaller infernal mobs. Also, using an Projectile + Dig spell to destroy spawners from afar and an Projectile + Light Spell to place "torches" from afar to prevent mobspawning.

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
So I finally made it through the 117 pages of posts ... and I noticed one thing is rarely mentioned: Every time people talk about preparing nodes for energizing they seemt odefault to looking for a hungry node, feed, taint it, bottle it, etc ... but I don't think I ever saw anybody here mentioning Thaumic Horizon's research about creating your own nodes. Just takes a warded jar, 4 greatwood logs and 4 salis mundis for an unattuned node matrix, which can then be attuned to all kinds of single aspects, or made into an alrounder with 15 of every primal. Personally I went for a 120 fabrico node, which sadly turned pale upon creation, so I only get 9 centiVis out of it. still, I could slap 1-3 (depending on how insane I feel) transduction amplifiers on it for some more cV. Come to think of it, adding 3 and some taint thistles for mana production might be a neat experiment to do.

I noticed some odd essentia aspects in food too, but I don't find it very enticing, since I am already drowning in metallum without even trying. I think I have about 120 metallum in my reservoirs, 3 stacks of nuggets, 2 stacks of iron ingots ... maybe half a stack or a full one of unprocessed iron ore ... and then there are the 4 or 5 chests full of iron armor and tools/weapons I sporadically melt down for more metallum.

Compared to that harvestcraft dough doesn't sound too impressive. Sure, infinite metallum is easy to setup with that ... but what would the use for that be? Megaprojects with the chisel 2 tyrion block is the only thing that springs to mind. ... or is there some aspect in some of the mods in this pack that are particularily iron hungry?

Oh and before I forget it, I remember people regularily mentioning the belt from Thaumic Exploration for knockback resistance, but hardly anybody mentioned the pauldrons added by Witching Gadgets which can be upgraded to do the same, thus opening up the belt slot for other things. In Regrowth I ended up with Primordial full armor and a globetrotter's sash. Or boots of the meteor instead of the primordial boots if I really want to be able to jump 3 chunks at once. (I wonder how that stacks with ascent boost from Thaumic Tinkerer)

Last but not least: I did read how Dryad's got booted down to a zero spawnrate due to lag issues, but are there any ways to get more of them with other means? Killed one with a diabolist's fork before checking if an imprint crystal of the dryad kind exists ... then did the same to the second with the crystal soul vials from Ars Magica to see how far it fills after one kill. Somewhere around 0.3% of a soul from one dryad. So ... at the end of the day I probably need to change the configs if I want to see dryads and the nature guardian? Or am I missing some other option to get more dryads? (Gravestone corpse reanimation only seems to be a thing for villagers from what I saw, so that's no option either)

Edit: Another thing that confounds me is the poisoned potato. It seems as if it is impossible to get via farming. I think it already has been established that crop sticks yield no poisoned potatoes (which seems odd, since I think I remember Regrowth doing otherwise and in that pack there is no vanilla farming at all, only agricraft) and I just accumulated 4 stacks of potatos from planting them without crop sticks and using the RMB for harvesting. I even went so far as to actually destroy and replant enough potatoes for a fifth stack without a single poisoned one. Also, before anybody asks, NEI only shows one recipe involving poisoned potatoes, which is a duplication recipe which calls for a poisoned potato in the first place. (spider eye, poisoned and regular potato)

Edit #2: Woah, I just discovered a part of Thaumic Horizon that sounds quite amazing ... has anybody here ever made one of these ethereal shards? I just fed a stack of each primal ethereal essence into one of those and now I have an artifical node with 256 of every primal aspect. Though it does need an energized node to feed it, but I have a fabrico node for that.

Edit #3: I recently ran into a rather odd problem. I have a fully upgraded essentia locus with one crystalline eye watching a ring of 16 advanced essentia reservoirs connected to my advanced alchemical furnace. 3 essentia mirrors above the locus pointing to various locations. One of them feeds an essentia pump&crystallizer which I use to store excess essentia. The second set of mirrors feeds my thaumic horizon lab with victus ... but the third set of mirrors, which is used to feed my infusion altar started to act wonky. The altar refuses to pull essentia through it all of a sudden. I had to go back to my regular alchemical furnace and liquify some crystallized essentia into regular warded jars for the altar to accept said essence.

Rather frustrating since up to this point I was able to make a full set of void fortress armor just fine, among a lot of other things. Restarting doesn't seem to help either. Anybody got an idea what's happening here?

Last edited:

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
First tip, find one of the following things quickly:

1) A pure node.
2) An island that's not too close to large landmasses, AND not too far in the middle of nowhere.

Once you get one of these (both is amazing), you can either dig down under the ground, or tower up to do a little skyblocking. The goal is to get away from the fibrous taint, of course. Ore generation is reduced in this pack, but you'll still need to do some mining to get some basic equipment and resources.

I recommend advancing in Thaumcraft first, as your biggest challenge will be the tainted biome, and Thaumcraft gear will give you some help with that. Advance up to Goggles of Revealing and a Greatwood/Gold-capped wand as quickly as possible. With goggles you can find tainted nodes and pop them...this is a wise idea. Yes, later on you could save them, but initially they'll just make your life harder, and there are nodes EVERYWHERE. There's also some fairly easy to make Thaumcraft stuff that lets you avoid damage from walking on taint...this is a good investment early on.

From there, the HQM book actually does a good job of walking you through the basics. The quest rewards will also help hotwire your early game progression...in particular, the Ethereal Blooms you get from a quest reward can let you quickly sanitize an area from taint. This is one reason an island is nice...because the taint won't spread underwater much. Once you clean an island, you have a clean base of operations to work from. They also tend to have Beach biomes along the shorelines which won't accumulate taint, and can make your life easier.

G

Genobee

First tip, find one of the following things quickly:

1) A pure node.
2) An island that's not too close to large landmasses, AND not too far in the middle of nowhere.

Once you get one of these (both is amazing), you can either dig down under the ground, or tower up to do a little skyblocking. The goal is to get away from the fibrous taint, of course. Ore generation is reduced in this pack, but you'll still need to do some mining to get some basic equipment and resources.

I recommend advancing in Thaumcraft first, as your biggest challenge will be the tainted biome, and Thaumcraft gear will give you some help with that. Advance up to Goggles of Revealing and a Greatwood/Gold-capped wand as quickly as possible. With goggles you can find tainted nodes and pop them...this is a wise idea. Yes, later on you could save them, but initially they'll just make your life harder, and there are nodes EVERYWHERE. There's also some fairly easy to make Thaumcraft stuff that lets you avoid damage from walking on taint...this is a good investment early on.

From there, the HQM book actually does a good job of walking you through the basics. The quest rewards will also help hotwire your early game progression...in particular, the Ethereal Blooms you get from a quest reward can let you quickly sanitize an area from taint. This is one reason an island is nice...because the taint won't spread underwater much. Once you clean an island, you have a clean base of operations to work from. They also tend to have Beach biomes along the shorelines which won't accumulate taint, and can make your life easier.
ta for the info i did find a nice lil island like 10 blocks off shore with no taint i nearly jumped out of my chair with joy lol theres a battle tower near by but am to big a wus to try run it atm with only a stone sword

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, that's wise. I don't suggest hitting a battle tower or roguelike dungeon until you have iron armor and weapons, a good bow, and a stack of torches at the very least. If you can grab some Ars Magica spells from the HQM book you'll be even better off.

Thaumcraft wand foci are useful as weapons, but they don't pack a lot of punch, in general. Ars Magica has been buffed up significantly in this pack and is a great weapon...but it's a bit involved to get into at first. You may need a fair amount of time to set up the crafting altar and gather the spell ingredients to make a spell by hand. Hence the HQM giving you a good jump on all that.

Note that a Dig spell is INCREDIBLY useful in towers and dungeons, because it lets you kill mob spawners at range. Similarly, a Light spell lets you illuminate spawners without getting close enough to trigger them. Having both on hand makes dungeons MUCH more doable. Even so, know your limits. Even with iron gear and a Dig and Light spell, more than a level or two will be very difficult. And once you die in a dungeon, getting your stuff back can be very hard since the mobs will respawn as you get back in.

G

Genobee

um the recall stone's in the quest book rewards don't work they just say cooling down

OnlyZuul

Jul 29, 2019
um the recall stone's in the quest book rewards don't work they just say cooling down
What I do is spawn one in for each one I get from the quest book. You can use NEI or change the game mode to creative to do that easily. You should get the one that does NOT have the red mark on it, just the plain grey. Hopefully this will get fixed sometime, but in the meantime I would just spawn in working ones.

G

Genobee

What I do is spawn one in for each one I get from the quest book. You can use NEI or change the game mode to creative to do that easily. You should get the one that does NOT have the red mark on it, just the plain grey. Hopefully this will get fixed sometime, but in the meantime I would just spawn in working ones.
yea thats what i ended up doing

I

ImOldGreg

I want to download this pack and try it but does it have a storage system like AE2? I played the mod Authors simply magic and was forced to add it and only use it for storage because I cant be bothered to play without it. Having only ever played TPPI and TPPI2, I simply cant be bothered to ever play a mod pack without something like AE2(or one).

E

Existency

I want to download this pack and try it but does it have a storage system like AE2? I played the mod Authors simply magic and was forced to add it and only use it for storage because I cant be bothered to play without it. Having only ever played TPPI and TPPI2, I simply cant be bothered to ever play a mod pack without something like AE2(or one).

I too used to avoid playing packs without AE2 and other tech mods. What I loved about Hubris was the fact that it teached me new ways to store my items, be it throught Botania's Corporea System or Automagy Golem Storage System. This pack is suposed to be played with little to no tech involved and I'd try to keep it that way. If you really feel like you cannot live without AE2 go ahead, noone will call the police.

EDIT: There is (wasn't? havent played in months) no easy way to automate crafting of items. But there is a fun way with golems :D

I

ImOldGreg

I too used to avoid playing packs without AE2 and other tech mods. What I loved about Hubris was the fact that it teached me new ways to store my items, be it throught Botania's Corporea System or Automagy Golem Storage System. This pack is suposed to be played with little to no tech involved and I'd try to keep it that way. If you really feel like you cannot live without AE2 go ahead, noone will call the police.

EDIT: There is (wasn't? havent played in months) no easy way to automate crafting of items. But there is a fun way with golems :D

I don't really care about auto crafting, I just hate running chest to chest to chest to chest to chest. I had no clue the corporea system was even a thing that will suffice now that I know about it.

M

MagiGreystone

Does anyone know of any Public server for this Mod pack? I cant seem to find one.