[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
The longer you wait to get your first spell, either a simple 1x1 dig or a low dmg spell. The more grindy it will be even if you find a ton of infinity orbs.
Since you need higher levels to get your mana pool up, or you might not be able to afford to cast the dispell.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a few issues with my Hubris playthrough, and was hoping some of you fine folks may have some solutions for me :) I'm playing by myself on a server, which I let run when I am not online via Chunkloaders.
  1. I can no longer place blocks "into" Carpenter's Blocks. They simply place next to the wooden frame, as if I were holding Shift. I'm positively baffled. I actually checked to make sure I hadn't accidentally turned on sticky keys---that's how baffled I am.
  2. Twice now, I've logged in to find that my Dark and Neutral Essence Mana Batteries have disconnected from their Obelisk/Black Aurem, and lost all of their essence. The connections from those Batteries to my AM2 machines remain intact, and the issue never impacts my Light Essence Batteries (which is odd, because they're all set up the same way, right next to each other, and all use the same network of Essence Conduits). Even if something that only used Neutral and Dark Essence were steadily draining it while I'm not online (e.g. Otherworldly Aura), that still doesn't explain why the Mana Batteries get disconnected.
Full disclosure, I have tweaked config settings a bit, and it wouldn't surprise me if something in there was responsible for #1 (though I can't imagine a config setting being responsible for #2). I'm prepared to do a rollback to default configs if necessary, but I'm really hoping someone has encountered these problems before, and perhaps knows the fix?

Finally, I've managed to solve the issue of Tainted Creepers not despawning, and crowding out the mob cap: In Creative Mode, I placed a Command Block next to a Botania timer, and set it to run "/cofh killall Tainted Creeper" every ten minutes. (Don't laugh, it works perfectly---they stick around long enough to be a threat, but are regularly cleared out to make room for other mobs. If you're playing single player, or can set this up on your server, I highly recommend doing so!)

Reactions: TehGrundle

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Just that if someone chooses to take the Thaumcraft route and get their endgame gear with it (though blood magic is better, but say middlegame-endgame gear), they'll be at a disadvantage compared to other mods because of warp. If you're using Void Thaumaturge Robes you'll be constantly getting warp so you'll have to deal with the annoying effects and effectively be forced to carry around 4 rotten flesh, have a sword of the zephyr, have a fire resistance potion, etc. Added to this is the fact that Thaumcraft isn't a particularly powerful resource anyway, so there's very little incentive to take that route in the long run. In a lot of magic-based modpacks I go through Thaumcraft up until the Infusion stage and then just get bored and start playing with another mod. This way all the mods would give the same finishing penalties so there's no reason to choose them. IMO a lot of Thaumcraft stuff should also be buffed hard.
3 things:

-Having warp is really op if you have a warpwood wandcore, because it recharges insanely fast

-You can get rid of almost ALL warp you have, by infusing yourself with a warptumour. (The warpremoval was so strong that i couldnt recharge my warpwood wandcore anymore. I went from almost full warp to none)

-Kami armor with boots of voidwalker are pretty good endgame items

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Twice now, I've logged in to find that my Dark and Neutral Essence Mana Batteries have disconnected from their Obelisk/Black Aurem, and lost all of their essence.

This is an Ars Magica bug, I think. It's related to power not getting saved when chunks unload. Try chunkloading the area the batteries and power sources are in...it -should- do the trick. Hopefully. :)

Reactions: Eunomiac

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
3 things:

-Having warp is really op if you have a warpwood wandcore, because it recharges insanely fast

-You can get rid of almost ALL warp you have, by infusing yourself with a warptumour. (The warpremoval was so strong that i couldnt recharge my warpwood wandcore anymore. I went from almost full warp to none)

-Kami armor with boots of voidwalker are pretty good endgame items
Those are all a bit late-game, you can get better stuff in other mods with none of the consequences.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Twice now, I've logged in to find that my Dark and Neutral Essence Mana Batteries have disconnected from their Obelisk/Black Aurem, and lost all of their essence.

This is an Ars Magica bug, I think. It's related to power not getting saved when chunks unload. Try chunkloading the area the batteries and power sources are in...it -should- do the trick. Hopefully. :)
Yep, after a bit of digging, that's indeed the issue---and it's reportedly been fixed for the next (and final) 1.7.10 release of AM2. Can't wait.

Agent_Ores

Jul 29, 2019
I start the pack up but it stops working when loading cofh core. Its almost immediately when it does it to. It's like this pre-initialization going smoothly, it just finished thaumcraft, it gets to cofh core and I get the This program has stopped responding, windows is searching for a solution. How do i fix this?

TheOramgebananna

Jul 29, 2019
I start the pack up but it stops working when loading cofh core. Its almost immediately when it does it to. It's like this pre-initialization going smoothly, it just finished thaumcraft, it gets to cofh core and I get the This program has stopped responding, windows is searching for a solution. How do i fix this?
did you get the Java SE Binary is not responding? if so, try updating your drivers, as i had the same problem and just had to update my drivers.

InsaneChemist

Jul 29, 2019
I posted this in the Github, but he does not appear to have checked it in about two weeks.

I am crashing when I receive any AM2 buff or debuff. This includes buff from celestial obelisk, spells, bosses, and enemies. However this change is recent, I had no issues for most of the game. The only thing that happened recently that I think could cause it is that I reached level 20. I am playing on a LAN server, and the other player has no issue or crash and is only AM2 level 6. I can include the crash log, but all it says is ticking entity: invalid potion ID.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I posted this in the Github, but he does not appear to have checked it in about two weeks.

I am crashing when I receive any AM2 buff or debuff. This includes buff from celestial obelisk, spells, bosses, and enemies. However this change is recent, I had no issues for most of the game. The only thing that happened recently that I think could cause it is that I reached level 20. I am playing on a LAN server, and the other player has no issue or crash and is only AM2 level 6. I can include the crash log, but all it says is ticking entity: invalid potion ID.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Provide the full log please.

GreySerenity

Jul 29, 2019
First off, wanted to say I love the mod pack DrasticDemise. Just started playing, and pack is pretty fun, outside of the fact of getting blitzed by ultra mobs on day one. or getting a blood moon night one. My question is, are beach biomes supposed to be untaintable grass? I figured from reading the quest book there is supposed to be near 0 amount of untainted land, besides errie or magic forest biomes from the respective nodes. made a couple worlds to see if I could find a decent starting point (flat area with pure node) and I kept finding 3-5 chunks worth of untainted beaches. pic related
8atj24

http://prntscr.com/8atj24

Last edited by a moderator:

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've noticed this too. Beach biomes seem to be immune to the taint creep. I'm not sure if this is just because that one biome simply escaped being reclassified to Tainted Land as an oversight, or if there's something in Thaumcraft that just makes it not swappable (like Ocean biomes).

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Oh don't worry, those biomes will get overrun eventually, purple grass, purple water, and lots of fibrous taint. I think if the ocean biome was set as swap to tainted, we'd get either no water in giant canyons, or just no oceans anywhere ever, and the beach biome is probably in the same classification as the ocean one.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Oh don't worry, those biomes will get overrun eventually, purple grass, purple water, and lots of fibrous taint. I think if the ocean biome was set as swap to tainted, we'd get either no water in giant canyons, or just no oceans anywhere ever, and the beach biome is probably in the same classification as the ocean one.
I'm not sure about that. I've seen another modpack with a similar tainted world concept, Blightfall, that had everything tainted just fine, but the world still had oceans and everything. On the other hand that might be because the map is hand-crafted...

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. I speculate that Minecraft's worldgen function automatically creates a 'Beach' technical biome every time an Ocean borders any other biome. So you can set worldgen to say, "There's only two biomes...Ocean and Tainted Land." And Minecraft will gleefully agree...and then generate Beaches at their intersections, and the Beach overrides the tainted land.

I've also spotted River biomes that are clear of taint, so those must be added in automatically as well, along the 'fault lines' where different biomes would normally have been.

And Hubris then reduces the rate at which Tainted Lands spread, so those technical biomes don't get consumed very quickly.

Blightfall's map is, as you noted, not the product of Minecraft's worldgen, so it doesn't have that happening in it...and in fact, it also has different 'biomes' that are tainted, which is normally not possible. Tainted Land is Tainted Land, if it worldgens. There's no such thing as 'tainted plains,' 'tainted jungle' or other biome variants.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
First off, wanted to say I love the mod pack DrasticDemise. Just started playing, and pack is pretty fun, outside of the fact of getting blitzed by ultra mobs on day one. or getting a blood moon night one. My question is, are beach biomes supposed to be untaintable grass? I figured from reading the quest book there is supposed to be near 0 amount of untainted land, besides errie or magic forest biomes from the respective nodes. made a couple worlds to see if I could find a decent starting point (flat area with pure node) and I kept finding 3-5 chunks worth of untainted beaches. pic related
8atj24

http://prntscr.com/8atj24

Beach biomes were originally covered in crusted taint, however a few versions ago I removed that feature because it would destroy the FPS of users on lower-end computers. I decided to make the switch back to grass for the sake of playability.

Minecraft beaches are very hard to get rid of and disable, and I can't make any more radical changes of the pack since over 60,000 users have installed it.

Sins of Atonement, another tainted pack, had a mod specifically written for world gen, I am attempting to depend on climate control, extra biomes and biome tweaker.