[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

darthwesix

Jul 29, 2019
for nodes you need to brake them no other way I node stabilizer just makes nodes not give aspects to other nodes

for the crucible ether A. use flux scrubbers or B. don't over flow your crucible

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
You have to energize the node, jar it, or break it.

Honestly, in Hubris nodes are so commonplace that the usual injunction against breaking them really doesn't apply. Smash 'em. Keep a chest full of Ethereal Essences. They'll make your alchemy later on a lot easier.

As for the crucible, I usually just skip it altogether and run straight for the Thaumatorium. Much cleaner and easier to use. More setup time and research to reach it, but not really a LOT more when you weigh in the benefits.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
No i didnt check, i knew it was probably a problem outside of the pack, but i hoped someone would know a solution...
While it could be either a mod conflict here or an issue with the mod itself, you should try both sources. More information is a good thing.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, I have a few questions :
I don't know much about thaumcraft, I especially learnt it with Agrarian Skies, and there was not a lot of taint. So I'd like to know if there is a way to stop a node's activity (like nodes which expand taint) without breaking it or putting it in a jar (I haven't an enough powerful wand yet). I thought the node stabilizer would do it but it doesn't seem to (maybe I'm wrong on this point) because even with a node stabilizer, my ethereal blooms struggle to remove tainted land biomes blocks close to tainted nodes.
Then another thing : I didn't touch anything in the config, and since I have started AS2, and since the 2 magic bars have appeared, the mod which gives you information on the block or entity you're targeting in a little window at the top center of the screen seems to have stopped working. Is there a conflict beetween thes 2 mods or I only have to change to change something in the config?
And last, is there a way to prevent flux from flowing outside Thaumcraft's crucible? I know there's a way to stabilize and prevent the infusion altar from doing the same thing, so I wondered if it works with the crucible and how to do it.
Energizing a tainted node will, although it will still appear tainted, stop it from actually tainting anything. Aside from that, I set up a little chunk of tainted lands where I put all my tainted nodes (via jarring) and I go there to recharge my wands but fence it off and put Ethereal Blooms around it so it can't spread. This should get you through middle-game, just put the tainted chunk away from your base. Long-term, you should just have a big energized node to power all your stuff.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, I have a few questions :
I don't know much about thaumcraft, I especially learnt it with Agrarian Skies, and there was not a lot of taint. So I'd like to know if there is a way to stop a node's activity (like nodes which expand taint) without breaking it or putting it in a jar (I haven't an enough powerful wand yet). I thought the node stabilizer would do it but it doesn't seem to (maybe I'm wrong on this point) because even with a node stabilizer, my ethereal blooms struggle to remove tainted land biomes blocks close to tainted nodes.
Then another thing : I didn't touch anything in the config, and since I have started AS2, and since the 2 magic bars have appeared, the mod which gives you information on the block or entity you're targeting in a little window at the top center of the screen seems to have stopped working. Is there a conflict beetween thes 2 mods or I only have to change to change something in the config?
And last, is there a way to prevent flux from flowing outside Thaumcraft's crucible? I know there's a way to stabilize and prevent the infusion altar from doing the same thing, so I wondered if it works with the crucible and how to do it.
As for flux flowing from the crucible, the easiest way I've found to fix it is by putting cobblestone around and above it to catch the goo and gas. Then you can just block it off, or if it doesn't let you do that put water in its space. Right now I'm just using a Shovel of the Purifier to get rid of it, though.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
So I know that a few mobs (Tainticles, Taint Swarms/Taint Spore Swarmers) were removed because they'd make the early game too hardcore. Just wondering, is there a way to get HQM to get them to start spawning at some point? Like, once you've completed a certain quest the land begins to deteriorate further and becomes more dangerous? I feel like having it work that way would be cool because you have as much time as you need to gather resources and then once you've moved up the "tech" (magic) tree enough you have more stuff to deal with so exploring is harder. Thoughts?

Reactions: Reil

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So I know that a few mobs (Tainticles, Taint Swarms/Taint Spore Swarmers) were removed because they'd make the early game too hardcore. Just wondering, is there a way to get HQM to get them to start spawning at some point? Like, once you've completed a certain quest the land begins to deteriorate further and becomes more dangerous? I feel like having it work that way would be cool because you have as much time as you need to gather resources and then once you've moved up the "tech" (magic) tree enough you have more stuff to deal with so exploring is harder. Thoughts?
From what I've seen, either HQM simply doesn't have this mechanic without the aid of pre-set up command blocks, or it'd be very buggy or hard to code.
However, you have a point about it being a shame that the taint monsters just aren't used.... I suppose one way to do it would be to have them appear as a warp effect, like mind spiders or the wraith thing?

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've seen, either HQM simply doesn't have this mechanic without the aid of pre-set up command blocks, or it'd be very buggy or hard to code.
However, you have a point about it being a shame that the taint monsters just aren't used.... I suppose one way to do it would be to have them appear as a warp effect, like mind spiders or the wraith thing?
Oooh, good idea! Only, what's the explanation for this storywise?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh, good idea! Only, what's the explanation for this storywise?
Simple. The taint has gotten into EVERYTHING, including your miiiiiinnd. ;)

Lol. Actually I figure it could be that, since warp tends to affect the magic around you to generate things like thaumorrea and the fog that wraith comes out of, it's started to affect the taint around you as well. By the time you hit enough warp to cause this to happen, you should have gotten to ethereal blooms and moderate gear in some form, plus it's more reason to actually try to gain warp ward, rather than just constantly flying so the spiders and wraiths can't get you.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Simple. The taint has gotten into EVERYTHING, including your miiiiiinnd. ;)

Lol. Actually I figure it could be that, since warp tends to affect the magic around you to generate things like thaumorrea and the fog that wraith comes out of, it's started to affect the taint around you as well. By the time you hit enough warp to cause this to happen, you should have gotten to ethereal blooms and moderate gear in some form, plus it's more reason to actually try to gain warp ward, rather than just constantly flying so the spiders and wraiths can't get you.
I'm liking this. Only problem is if you decide to go AM2/Botanica instead of Thaumcraft you won't get any warp so this won't ever happen. Perhaps making some items from those mods (and Witchery) also give you warp?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if it doesn't already, basically ALL of Blood Magic should give warp. Lots of warp.
Running Red 2 did something to this effect already, but that was messing with the insanity mechanic from.... Whatever does oxygen, temperature, and other stuff? And all that did was summon what I assume are intangible AI-less models of mobs for a short time.

Besides, you practically have to go into Thaumcraft at least somewhat to have an effective way of combating the taint. The only other ways of biome changing to something it can't overtake are either costly or really weird and hard to use, and both have a lot of setup that's hard to move or place on non-flat ground. Plus, this means that if people really don't want to enter into what would be a kind of hardmode with the taint monsters, and just want to play as explorers rather than OMGEVERYTHINGISBAD, they can just never do anything that would gain them a lot of warp.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Running Red 2 did something to this effect already, but that was messing with the insanity mechanic from.... Whatever does oxygen, temperature, and other stuff? And all that did was summon what I assume are intangible AI-less models of mobs for a short time.

Besides, you practically have to go into Thaumcraft at least somewhat to have an effective way of combating the taint. The only other ways of biome changing to something it can't overtake are either costly or really weird and hard to use, and both have a lot of setup that's hard to move or place on non-flat ground. Plus, this means that if people really don't want to enter into what would be a kind of hardmode with the taint monsters, and just want to play as explorers rather than OMGEVERYTHINGISBAD, they can just never do anything that would gain them a lot of warp.
True, but if you just get Ethereal Blooms you can get rid of the taint without having to deal with those monsters. Granted, the game probably wouldn't give warning about this, I definitely didn't find out that you could get mind spiders from warp until it happened. So I guess leaving it as a pure warp effect would work fine, but I feel like if possible making the most powerful stuff from other mods give warp would still be a nice feature. I find myself shying away from using Void Metal because of all the warp, and instead get myself Terrasteel. If they all gave warp, there wouldn't be any reason to use one over the other and the game would be equally rewarding no matter which path you take.

How would the warp effect take place? Would it just spawn in Tainticles around you? I feel like it would be cool if, without notifying the player, it tainted a section of the land around them (this wouldn't do much until late game when you've already cleaned up a lot of the land but if you don't notice you might have an entire continent of taint to clean up again). Another effect could be the game giving the player a message "You hear a buzzing from somewhere, almost like a beehive..." and then spawning in a few Taint Spore Swarmers around the player. Or how about one that drops a whole bunch of Taint Spores like bombs from the sky so you have to deal with Taint Crawlers? I don't know, just thinking here.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
True, but if you just get Ethereal Blooms you can get rid of the taint without having to deal with those monsters. Granted, the game probably wouldn't give warning about this, I definitely didn't find out that you could get mind spiders from warp until it happened. So I guess leaving it as a pure warp effect would work fine, but I feel like if possible making the most powerful stuff from other mods give warp would still be a nice feature. I find myself shying away from using Void Metal because of all the warp, and instead get myself Terrasteel. If they all gave warp, there wouldn't be any reason to use one over the other and the game would be equally rewarding no matter which path you take.

How would the warp effect take place? Would it just spawn in Tainticles around you? I feel like it would be cool if, without notifying the player, it tainted a section of the land around them (this wouldn't do much until late game when you've already cleaned up a lot of the land but if you don't notice you might have an entire continent of taint to clean up again). Another effect could be the game giving the player a message "You hear a buzzing from somewhere, almost like a beehive..." and then spawning in a few Taint Spore Swarmers around the player. Or how about one that drops a whole bunch of Taint Spores like bombs from the sky so you have to deal with Taint Crawlers? I don't know, just thinking here.
Well, you're mostly getting into modding the mod territory here at this point when adding warp to other mods, which would require permission from most of the mod authors, and knowledge of the codes, and a bunch of other stuff. Besides, the flux goo that spawns from thaumorrea does affect whether nodes nearby might be tainted, just like flux goo from the cauldron.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you're mostly getting into modding the mod territory here at this point when adding warp to other mods, which would require permission from most of the mod authors, and knowledge of the codes, and a bunch of other stuff. Besides, the flux goo that spawns from thaumorrea does affect whether nodes nearby might be tainted, just like flux goo from the cauldron.
Well, if he could get perms from Azanor and find someone to code that it would be cool.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if he could get perms from Azanor and find someone to code that it would be cool.
Ooooh no, we're not just talking one mod, we're talking every major mod with gear in the pack. You'd need several people working on it for a good while, and then the sheer amount of bug testing......

Here's my question though, what issue are you attempting to address by giving everything late game everywhere warp?

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooh no, we're not just talking one mod, we're talking every major mod with gear in the pack. You'd need several people working on it for a good while, and then the sheer amount of bug testing......

Here's my question though, what issue are you attempting to address by giving everything late game everywhere warp?
Just that if someone chooses to take the Thaumcraft route and get their endgame gear with it (though blood magic is better, but say middlegame-endgame gear), they'll be at a disadvantage compared to other mods because of warp. If you're using Void Thaumaturge Robes you'll be constantly getting warp so you'll have to deal with the annoying effects and effectively be forced to carry around 4 rotten flesh, have a sword of the zephyr, have a fire resistance potion, etc. Added to this is the fact that Thaumcraft isn't a particularly powerful resource anyway, so there's very little incentive to take that route in the long run. In a lot of magic-based modpacks I go through Thaumcraft up until the Infusion stage and then just get bored and start playing with another mod. This way all the mods would give the same finishing penalties so there's no reason to choose them. IMO a lot of Thaumcraft stuff should also be buffed hard.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure some of the TC gear was buffed, dev also said the best gear to get is the TC gear.

Btw, why carry around all those random things? Get the AM2 dispell magic spell and your good.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure some of the TC gear was buffed, dev also said the best gear to get is the TC gear.

Btw, why carry around all those random things? Get the AM2 dispell magic spell and your good.
I haven't advanced in AM2 yet because I've been busy with TC.