[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Very odd situation. Hubris, along with all the other 3rd party modpacks, has apparently vanished from the FTB launcher!

Anyone else getting this? Is it possible to launch Hubris without the launcher? My game is going so well! I'd hate to lose it now!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Very odd situation. Hubris, along with all the other 3rd party modpacks, has apparently vanished from the FTB launcher!

Anyone else getting this? Is it possible to launch Hubris without the launcher? My game is going so well! I'd hate to lose it now!
Yup, happening all over. It fixed itself for me a while ago, but might be that not everyone can reconnect to the servers that handle the third party data as of yet.

thethc86

Jul 29, 2019
i was to make some spells whit ars magica
(some advance spell)
the first was "self - fly - duration x3"
what happened?
i was at trow things in the crafting altar when a nether star appears

i can beat the wither now!!! go to the twilight forest to do this =DDD(maybe the key point?)

after the death of the wither i come back to bring the nether star at the altar, finished my spell, but it doesen't work
why? i'v done right!! go to check the spell in the inscription table.

self has become AoE(i think, "maybe i'v done somthing wrong")

but..
-second spell

self - speed - fury - buff power - duration x3

is happened "the same thing" but this time i gone to the nether for a ghast tear

come back to the crafting altar, spell finished. doesn't work.

this time self and speed has become AoE =\

now it happen because i'v travelled in other dimension during the spell build?
i found nothing in the know bugs of the ars magica

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
i was to make some spells whit ars magica
(some advance spell)
the first was "self - fly - duration x3"
what happened?
i was at trow things in the crafting altar when a nether star appears

i can beat the wither now!!! go to the twilight forest to do this =DDD(maybe the key point?)

after the death of the wither i come back to bring the nether star at the altar, finished my spell, but it doesen't work
why? i'v done right!! go to check the spell in the inscription table.

self has become AoE(i think, "maybe i'v done somthing wrong")

but..
-second spell

self - speed - fury - buff power - duration x3

is happened "the same thing" but this time i gone to the nether for a ghast tear

come back to the crafting altar, spell finished. doesn't work.

this time self and speed has become AoE =\

now it happen because i'v travelled in other dimension during the spell build?
i found nothing in the know bugs of the ars magica

Try to make the same spells in creative plox? That way we can test if unloading the altar by dimension hopping is a possible cause.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
thethc86 to answer your question in thaumcraft there is a machine that works like the extruder from TE that will make cobble with a bucket of lava and water but you gotta do a bit of research to unlock it. What materials are you using for your Altar? I can only think that your Altar power isn't high enough yet to make the spell.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Hubris 1.4.2 NON-RECOMMENDED BUILD is now released.
  • Runic dungeons has had major changes, and deleting the runic dungeons dimension folder is recommended to avoid missing ID's or items in the dungeon.
  • Fixed the ender guardian quest
  • Fixed the temple caller
  • Enabled the removal of erroring entities by default. This can be changed in the forge.cfg if it causes issues for you.
  • Added forge multiparts
  • Updated Botania
  • Updated Storage Drawers
  • Updated Runic Dungeons
  • Added reward for calefactor quest.
  • Should now be able to obtain ender shards from enderman in the End. Thank you very much @Matryoshika !!
  • Fixed server files? I should just flip a coin for this.
  • Added a launch GUI linking to the issue tracker.
  • Removed infused seeds quest.
What was wrong with the temple caller? And do you recommend updating to this (is the name just a name or is it actual advice)?

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone having trouble getting passive mobs to spawn?

I've set up a spawning area ~5 chunks from my base. It is:
  • two chunks wide
  • all Grass
  • Plains biome (converted via Ethereal Blooms)
  • surrounded by Cobblestone walls (to prevent passive spawns from wandering into surrounding Tainted Land)
  • lit with an Arcane Lamp
  • chunk loaded
  • partially (i.e. a large patch in the center) infused with Victus ("increased chance of passive mobs spawning during the day")
Four days later, absolutely no passive mobs have spawned in the area.

Moreover, it's been quite a while since the last time I saw a passive mob (or a tainted version) in or near any of the Pure Node "green zones" dotted around the map (and before I set up the custom-built spawning area above, I walled off several of those "green zones" in an attempt to trap mobs that spawn inside).

I'm starting to wonder if something is interfering with (or outright preventing) passive mobs from spawning anywhere in the Overworld.

And I need Cows for Milk :p

Reibushido

Jul 29, 2019

• two chunks wide
  • all Grass
  • surrounded by Cobblestone walls (to prevent passive spawns from wandering into surrounding Tainted Land)
  • chunk loaded
  • partially (i.e. a large patch in the center) infused with Victus ("increased chance of passive mobs spawning during the day")

Moreover, it's been quite a while since the last time I saw a passive mob (or a tainted version) in or near any of the Pure Node "green zones" dotted around the map (and before I set up the custom-built spawning area above, I walled off several of those "green zones" in an attempt to trap mobs that spawn inside).

I'm starting to wonder if something is interfering with (or outright preventing) passive mobs from spawning anywhere in the Overworld.

From my days back in Agrarian Skies 1, I remember that one of the key factors to passive mob spawns isn't just biome, chunk loading, light, grass, space, well a lot of things go into it. But the one thing I didn't see mentioned properly is distance. Back in AS, it was suggested to make your passive mob spawner at least a certain number of chunks away, which I'm sure was more than 5. I think its supposed to be just outside your view distance for entities, not outside your view of blocks though (about 8 chunks I think?) On the Hubris server I played on, we had a whole village saved (about 30+ chunks total) and our base was pretty much in the far corner there. Cows, chickens, pigs, and sheep started spawning around the middle to far side of the village (again ~8 chunks away from us normally) which is the only other proof of my statement.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019

• two chunks wide
  • all Grass
  • chunk loaded

I will look into it, but I haven't made any changes that would change mob spawning.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
hmm i think reindeer in twilight forest give milk if not you can also cage some deer and find some magic powder to change it into a cow, though not sure if that works in twilight forest instead of the overworld. Maybe you can add a recipe to make spawn eggs or maybe something through the runic altar like regrowth for pass mob eggs?

thethc86

Jul 29, 2019
Try to make the same spells in creative plox? That way we can test if unloading the altar by dimension hopping is a possible cause.

humm i'v done the same spell 2 times in creative
once whit travel in the mid and both times it work fine
rdk, i'll retry in my world

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been burning a bunch of iron armor (from runic dungeon chests) for Tutamen and I've ended up with a metric fuckton of Metallum. What are its uses?

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
isn't it used to break down the ore to double it into chunks? I might be wrong or right don't quote me on this xD.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
isn't it used to break down the ore to double it into chunks? I might be wrong or right don't quote me on this xD.
Oops, I'm quoting you to reply... sorry.
The thing is, I don't need ore clusters since I'm getting most of my iron and gold from Runic Dungeons and other chests in ingot form. I guess I can use it to multiply up my Quicksilver since I'm kind of running low on that, but I was asking more about some kind of Infusion recipe that requires about 500 Metallum essentia. I'm guessing that's not a thing? :p

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding mob spawns:

It's a mixed bag. I started off building my base over a medium sized island separated by a river from a much larger mainland. On this island are two pure nodes relatively close to one another. Once the fibrous taint covered all non-pure land, I got passive mob spawns around both the pure nodes a LOT. The one that was nearly right beside my base only spawned things when I went out exploring. I fenced it in, in fact, to keep the number of tainted passives down, and to make an early game chicken farm.

Farther away (but still no more than a couple more chunks off), I got passive mobs spawning all the time. I didn't have it fenced, so they tended to wander off into the taint and turn. I could have made a slab path and led them over to my fence I guess, but I was focusing on other things.

Both areas were torched up, so I didn't get hostile mobs in them.

Interestingly though, the Beach biome that made up the shoreline of my island never got tainted. For whatever reason, it just doesn't spread there. I never got passive spawns on it, nor hostile ones. I thought it was an idiosyncrasy of the Beach biome, until I finally got my Ethereal Blooms up and running.

So now my island is ENTIRELY free of taint. It's all Beach and Plains. I don't get passive mobs, probably because my fenced-off animal pen has the limit pegged.

But I don't get hostile mobs either. A good half the island's surface area is still unlit. I've waited through several nights. No hostile mobs. The only exception to this is blood moon events. Then they spawn like bonkers in the unlit areas.

My conclusion is that there must be some hostile mobs somewhere that aren't despawning. I've noticed that tainted creepers don't seem to despawn. I'm wondering if that's true of other 'taint mobs' as well. Banished from my island, they could easily be wandering around within the 12 chunk loaded radius, out of my minimap's range, ensuring no new hostile mobs can spawn except when the limit is artificially removed during a blood moon.

This strikes me as likely. It's also an issue for my plans to build a mob grinder. Guess I'll have to wait until I tech up to mob-spawner movement stuff.

Also, Re: Metallum:

It's not terribly useful if you don't use it for alchemical multiplication. I usually keep a Void Jar handy for that. That and Arbor. :)

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
It's not terribly useful if you don't use it for alchemical multiplication. I usually keep a Void Jar handy for that. That and Arbor. :)
I've already been doing that with Arbor. Although I've been keeping a few jars of it around because I heard there's an infusion recipe that takes 128 arbor? o_O
So yeah, I guess I'll start doing that to Metallum too. Are there any other things that I'm likely to get an abundance of that I won't need?

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Corpus, perhaps, if you do a lot of work with golems or otherwise need Humanus essentia.

Another good idea for taking care of excess essentia is to invest in a crystallizer. It takes its sweet time, but you can set it up in a loaded chunk and just let it go on its merry with a hungry chest under the output port.

Whatever you do don't void any Cogito though. You'll need to put that to work for you later, when you want to start creating souls.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Corpus, perhaps, if you do a lot of work with golems or otherwise need Humanus essentia.

Another good idea for taking care of excess essentia is to invest in a crystallizer. It takes its sweet time, but you can set it up in a loaded chunk and just let it go on its merry with a hungry chest under the output port.

Whatever you do don't void any Cogito though. You'll need to put that to work for you later, when you want to start creating souls.
I'm getting Cognitio by burning paper but haven't burned enough of it to really have more than a full jar and a half.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to speed up cactus/sugarcane growth? I'm pretty far into Thaumcraft but not into the other mods yet.