[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Delfugos

Jul 29, 2019
It still crashes when I use the Command. I tried with java 7 and 8 nothing worked. I installed Hubris 2 times, dont worked too.

wacky444

Jul 29, 2019
It still crashes when I use the Command. I tried with java 7 and 8 nothing worked. I installed Hubris 2 times, dont worked too.
Are you using minecraft in non english version? I had to change it to english otherwise it wont launch

gamermsn

Jul 29, 2019
when ever i play the mod pack it lags really bad and makes it difficult to play and all my settings are on the lowest possible. Is there a way to fix this

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
It turns out that I am a bit careless! There is a recipe in the modpack that lets you craft a cactus with a slimeball (which you need for the Catalyst too) and 3 seeds. So I'm wacky. It's all good now.

I'm just dipping my toes into Agricraft now...no idea how it works, but I got my wheat seeds growing in the stick things. We'll see what happens. :)

Agricraft is pretty simple. You have three stats;
Growth; How fast the crop grows on it's own.
Gain; How many of the result item you get when you harvest it, usually 1 at lvl 1, and 4-5 at lvl 10.
Strength; Not relevant unless you have "weeds" enabled, which this pack doesn't seem to.

Reference; Doubled crop sticks are done by placing crop sticks, then placing crop sticks on the original ones. Seeds always start out at 1,1,1 if gained by drops from grass or crafted from plants, even if the plant they came from is higher level.

There are also a couple methods for spreading and leveling up seeds that can be enabled or disabled: In this pack they spread to nearby empty doubled crop sticks on their own once fully grown, but you need to have two or more full grown plants touching a doubled crop stick to start making the seeds get better stats. The better the stats on the parent plants, and the more of them there are, the better the result.

@DrasticDemise Is there going to be a fix to the trolly thing that's relevant here next update, and if so should I mention it here?

Kk, it would seem this might be fixed in the next update of Agricraft, so I suppose I can mention it here.
It turns out that, if you use the AM2 growth spell you obtain from the quest book on an empty crop stick that has been placed in world, even if it is a double crop stick, and then try to plant something on even nearby sticks, you will encounter a hard crash that occasionally even kills the launcher if you have it set up to reappear after you quit a pack.
This can be avoided by breaking all empty crop sticks in the area after you use the spell, but before you plant seeds. Or by simply never using the spell if there are empty ones nearby.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I am sending out an update to fix the server versions and to push the update of 1.4.2 to recommended under 1.4.3

Reibushido

Jul 29, 2019
Is it safe to assume the golemancy bell didn't make it into this update? Since it's just pushing 1.4.2 to recommended.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Is it safe to assume the golemancy bell didn't make it into this update? Since it's just pushing 1.4.2 to recommended.
Correct.

I am still not understanding what causes the crash though, I have crafted it myself multiple times without a crash though many have reported the crash

Reibushido

Jul 29, 2019
I thought someone mentioned it in here before that it is an issue with Thaumic Infusion and having the mods hosted on a server. Perhaps Thaumic Infusion + Cauldron = Can't craft the bell? I'll look into that a bit more.

Edit: Quick search points at Thaumic Horizons actually, but the issue was reported there back in March.

Edit2: Reports of it continue into the end of May. Apparently TH must alter the bell to allow it to work with its special golems that can be made out of any material in game. And as before, seem to only be related to the mods use on servers, so it cannot be reproduced in single player. This also points it to be not an issue in forge, but just how forge handles it between single player and a server, as the crash also shouldn't happen via LAN either, since the item ID had already been established by the hosting player when booting up the pack.
One person gave a more detailed report about it for sever side. Eltyjade on the Curseforge page for the mod said it required him to approve via FML the change for each dimension as he loaded up the server. It was posted May 26 if you would like to view his full report at http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/227914-thaumic-horizons

The last of these reports almost coincides with the two newer versions of the mod which were both released on June 6th, version 1.1.5 and 1.1.6. Although the change logs for either don't directly state that this was fixed, plus no idea what happened to 1.1.2 - 1.1.4, bad builds perhaps?

Last edited:
Reactions: BaileyH

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Two quick questions:
  1. Are Soul Essence drops via the Cursed Spirit's Blade supposed to be hella-rare? I've only received soul essence drops once (from a Chicken). Despite killing hundreds of Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, Creepers and all manner of other things with it, I've never received anything other than standard drops (and yep, I've made sure "harvesting mode" was activated).
  2. Any tricks to getting a Poisonous Potato? I've had golems farming Potatoes for days (literally) and, despite stacks of Potatoes, I haven't got a single Poisonous Potato. I have a distinct memory of a method to get one (via Thaumcraft Alchemy or Botania or something), but after scouring the Lexica, Compendium and Thaumonomicon, I'm starting to suspect that memory was an opium-induced fever dream.
Great pack, and thanks again for your continued efforts! I can't wait to play the sequel, just as soon as I work my way through this one :)

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Two quick questions:
  1. Are Soul Essence drops via the Cursed Spirit's Blade supposed to be hella-rare? I've only received soul essence drops once (from a Chicken). Despite killing hundreds of Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, Creepers and all manner of other things with it, I've never received anything other than standard drops (and yep, I've made sure "harvesting mode" was activated).
  2. Any tricks to getting a Poisonous Potato? I've had golems farming Potatoes for days (literally) and, despite stacks of Potatoes, I haven't got a single Poisonous Potato. I have a distinct memory of a method to get one (via Thaumcraft Alchemy or Botania or something), but after scouring the Lexica, Compendium and Thaumonomicon, I'm starting to suspect that memory was an opium-induced fever dream.
Great pack, and thanks again for your continued efforts! I can't wait to play the sequel, just as soon as I work my way through this one :)
I believe there was a way to get a poisonous potato through botania. I cannot remember exactly how but you could always look up the poisonous potato in NEI. And about the "sequel" it's not a true sequel its more of a side story about the dark mage that tainted the entire land.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
I believe there was a way to get a poisonous potato through botania. I cannot remember exactly how but you could always look up the poisonous potato in NEI.
NEI was, unsurprisingly, the first place I looked---there's a recipe for duplicating Poisonous Potatoes (using Spider Eyes), but that's only helpful if you already have one. (Who knew, of all the infusion recipes I'd ever do, the Angry Ghost Mask is the hardest---all for want of a Poisonous Potato.)

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
NEI was, unsurprisingly, the first place I looked---there's a recipe for duplicating Poisonous Potatoes (using Spider Eyes), but that's only helpful if you already have one. (Who knew, of all the infusion recipes I'd ever do, the Angry Ghost Mask is the hardest---all for want of a Poisonous Potato.)
Wait are you farming through agricraft or vanilla? Agricraft doesn't drop poisonous potatoes but vanilla has a small chance to.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Wait are you farming through agricraft or vanilla? Agricraft doesn't drop poisonous potatoes but vanilla has a small chance to.
Yup, according to the vanilla wiki it's the only way of obtaining them period.

.... Lol, I search "poisonous potato botania, first two things are Regrowth related. XD

Anyway, Botania does appear to have a alchemical recipe for the thing, but I don't know if that's a part of this pack and version.

Meeko011

Jul 29, 2019
What's wrong with the Witchery quest line currently?

A lot of mod packs seem to be missing Witchery so I'm glad this one has included it, and even possibly made quests for it.

Also, how resource intensive is this pack? My computer is crap, but I want to know if it's not TOO crap to run this. It was able to run Tekkit Classic and a custom modpack with a solid amount of mods.

Last edited:

Moonpanda

Jul 29, 2019
Also, how resource intensive is this pack? My computer is crap, but I want to know if it's not TOO crap to run this. It was able to run Tekkit Classic and a custom modpack with a solid amount of mods.

my decent-ish 4 year old PC runs this pack around 40 fps (if it feels like it), but I have to use fastcraft to avoid yucky lagspikes.
didn't run as good before taint spread speed was nerfed an update or so ago.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla --- just a simple farm with a pair of golems and two Lamps of Fertility. They've been going at it for two days now, no Poisonous Potato.
Yup, according to the vanilla wiki it's the only way of obtaining them period. ... Anyway, Botania does appear to have a alchemical recipe for the thing, but I don't know if that's a part of this pack and version.
According to the Wiki, the drop rate is around 2%, or one in fifty. I have well over four hundred vanilla-harvested Potatoes, so some of them should have been poisonous, I'd think.

The Wiki does say that "poor farming conditions" increase the likelihood of Poisonous Potatoes: Maybe I'll relocate my Potato farm into the Nether, and give them no irrigation and minimal light...?

What's wrong with the Witchery quest line currently?
Yeah, I too would love some insights into the mysterious "redo Witchery quest line" task on the front-page Hubris to-do list.

I don't want to start the Witchery line if it's due to be overhauled, or if it's incomplete. Could someone who's progressed through the Witchery quest line give us some idea of whether we should explore it now, or wait?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
There isn't really anything "wrong" with the witchery line, it is simply incomplete and written in a previous version and wasn't updated to fit the changes beyond the change to mutandis in the witches cauldron. I have quite a bit of work to do on it when I get around to it.

Lonemind

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, according to the vanilla wiki it's the only way of obtaining them period.

.... Lol, I search "poisonous potato botania, first two things are Regrowth related. XD

Anyway, Botania does appear to have a alchemical recipe for the thing, but I don't know if that's a part of this pack and version.

Could it be that using golems will not produce poisonous potatoes? Perhaps only hand gardening will work. I know that when golems break magical crops plants nature essence would not drop while it WOULD drop if broken by hand. Perhaps this is a similar case?