[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Spawn a few witches, 10 or so, name them with nametags, andd leave em down there. They should continue to drink health potions, and thus will never actually die, but continue to generate LP for you. You won't need to be nearby to spawn anythingg. c:
Seconding this one. This is the solution that I came to for my blood altars. I once built a room around witch spawners, with a siren lure over a teleposer. Witches are lured over the teleposer, I stick a nametag on them, then press the button the teleport them over to the well of suffering.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
So, i opened a way to the outer lands (from thaumcraft, for those who don't know). Is there really only one boss per opened gate? If so, then how the heck would i get all the primordial pearls neccesary for all the items? The witching gatchets stuff already takes a handful, and there are only so many working obelisks - many get overrun by taint, sinister node or not. Btw, i would strongly suggest to not touch the starry blocks in the outer lands.

Schematix

Jul 29, 2019
Heeeeeeeeeeey! I've got more issues for you guys that I want you to help me fix! Yay! :p

Anywho, updated server and modpack to 1.4 yesterday, our SMP world no longer works so we decided to start fresh and never update again due to the amount of issues we get in every update. Got a fresh server and a fresh modpack after deleting both. Things appeared to be working fine except that NEI wouldn't show up (Don't say press O... I know). I hopped into SSP and NEI was there, then I hopped back into SMP and game instantly crashed. Then I could jump back onto the server, but NEI still was a no show. Jump into SSP, NEI was there, back to SMP, instant crash. Rinse repeat.

Could anyone provide any insight as to why this might be happening and provide a possible solution on how to fix it?

wacky444

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.4 version the nei is missing when joining the server and if i play single player first to enable it and then join the server we get this error:

[20:21:37] [Client thread/FATAL]: Reported exception thrown!
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Getting biome
at net.minecraft.world.World.getBiomeGenForCoordsBody(World.java:155) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldProvider.getBiomeGenForCoords(WorldProvider.java:365) ~[aqo.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72807_a(World.java:130) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.getSkyBlendColour(ForgeHooksClient.java:407) ~[ForgeHooksClient.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.getSkyColorBody(World.java:1597) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldProvider.getSkyColor(WorldProvider.java:399) ~[aqo.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72833_a(World.java:1575) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78466_h(EntityRenderer.java:1672) ~[blt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1154) ~[blt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1011) ~[blt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:1001) ~[bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) [Main.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at climateControl.customGenLayer.GenLayerRiverMixWrapper$LockableRiverMix.access$000(GenLayerRiverMixWrapper.java:102) ~[GenLayerRiverMixWrapper$LockableRiverMix.class:?]
at climateControl.customGenLayer.GenLayerRiverMixWrapper.func_75904_a(GenLayerRiverMixWrapper.java:63) ~[GenLayerRiverMixWrapper.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.layer.GenLayerVoronoiZoom.func_75904_a(SourceFile:23) ~[ayb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.biome.WorldChunkManager.func_76936_a(WorldChunkManager.java:70) ~[aib.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeCache$Block.<init>(SourceFile:26) ~[ahz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeCache.func_76840_a(SourceFile:52) ~[ahy.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeCache.func_76837_b(SourceFile:61) ~[ahy.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.biome.WorldChunkManager.func_76935_a(WorldChunkManager.java:58) ~[aib.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76591_a(Chunk.java:1288) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.getBiomeGenForCoordsBody(World.java:141) ~[ahb.class:?]
... 18 more

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure I didn't miss a mod in the server files. If something breaks, that is probably why.

Also when updating servers with HQm You have to delete the HQM data in the world file and then force HQM the book back. HQM hates servers.

loleq80

Jul 29, 2019
I have a thing for You. Right back from my serwer.... ANything related to Endertank is crashing the client.
Can not look at those.. ppl will not join in when there is endertank on the world. and ppl who look at inventory with endertank will get terminated from server.... Also NEI doesnt work for us also..
@nd: Baubles ring in inventory screen is messed up. Inventory got moved to the side because of buffs, and this baulbles inventory ring got not.

I think we get back to 1.3.1 till all bugs are fixed... i can not dowload too much packs, because my transfer is limited and i'm using 1Gb per day just to play on serwer.

Schematix

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I examined the differences between a fresh server file and a fresh client file's modlists. I suspect a majority of these are just clientside mods, but this is what I found.

CustomMainMenu
DefaultWorldGenerator
InventoryTweaks
NeiAddons
NeiIntergration
Ratmod
Resourceloader

Going to try and delete ratmod and see what happens. I will try deleting the HQM file if I can get a regular world in 1.4 working on SMP. I will also test the endertanks.

Edit: That list I made was just mods that were in the client, but not the server.
Edit 2: Just going into vanilla creative and looking up Endertanks crashes the game immediately.

Crash log on pastebin. Says the error was due to rendering an item. http://pastebin.com/epayfcvc

Deleting ratmod actually had one minor effect. Before it was deleted there was a spawn egg in creative inventory. After I deleted it the egg turned into a Spawn Runic Guardian (I think thats what the name was?) egg. Both before and after it actually spawned a guardian, its just after deleting it it was named correctly (And textured correctly).

Until you can fix this Drastic I'm going to be reverting back to 1.3.1. Thanks for your hard work though, I appreciate it. :)

Last edited:

Raverist

Jul 29, 2019
Posting to confirm that endertanks in every shape or form, be those the required questbook, NEI, placed or whatever, cause the client side to immediately perform an illegal operation and shut down.

If I were halfway competent at modding I'd try and fix it myself somehow, but I'm not.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
So, i opened a way to the outer lands (from thaumcraft, for those who don't know). Is there really only one boss per opened gate? If so, then how the heck would i get all the primordial pearls neccesary for all the items? The witching gatchets stuff already takes a handful, and there are only so many working obelisks - many get overrun by taint, sinister node or not. Btw, i would strongly suggest to not touch the starry blocks in the outer lands.

Yep, one boss per gate. I wasn't aware that taint causes the obelisks to stop functioning. The advanced alchemical furnace block recipes don't actually consume the pearl. And IIRC the witching gadget infusions that use them return depleted pearls to you, which you can then research to find a way to recharge.

Reactions: NoElement

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Bwomp bwomp bwomp. Almost updated without breaking anything.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will see what is causing chickens mods to crash.

loleq80

Jul 29, 2019
@edit ^^ Gratz.. can not wait :) But as my admin goes of a holiday trip.. update will have to w8

One more thing from me.. No matter how many time we will do it at server... those 2 quests can not be completed...
Kiling Ender Dragon and Winter guardian. Those quests just willl not let themselves be completed.. And we killed about 20 of both of those bosses

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Okay Ender tanks and ender chests are un-broken.

For now I recommend backporting to version 1.3.1 until I can have someone push this fix. Sorry! Interestingly enough, his mods do not cause an immediate crash when it mismatches a forge version, so I had no idea this could happen.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
@edit ^^ Gratz.. can not wait :) But as my admin goes of a holiday trip.. update will have to w8

One more thing from me.. No matter how many time we will do it at server... those 2 quests can not be completed...
Kiling Ender Dragon and Winter guardian. Those quests just willl not let themselves be completed.. And we killed about 20 of both of those bosses

Probably because I had them set to the wrong monsters. This will be fixed as well, thanks man.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to 1.4.0 and saw this:

Forge Mod Loader detected missing blocks/items.

There are 3 missing blocks and items in this save.
If you continue the missing blocks/items will get removed.
A world backup will be automatically created in your saves directory.

Missing Blocks/Items:
AWWayofTime:itemBloodMagicBook
thaumicinfusion:reg_InfusedBlockmotus
thaumicinfusion:reg_InfusedBlockmotus (yeah it said it twice).

Game seems to run just fine, but then I'm not anywhere near to using any of that stuff I don't think?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, one boss per gate. I wasn't aware that taint causes the obelisks to stop functioning. The advanced alchemical furnace block recipes don't actually consume the pearl. And IIRC the witching gadget infusions that use them return depleted pearls to you, which you can then research to find a way to recharge.

Well! Thats nice to know, thanks. To be completly honest, i simply thought that the gate can only open with an sinister node, so i didn't even try it.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to 1.4.0 and saw this:

Forge Mod Loader detected missing blocks/items.

There are 3 missing blocks and items in this save.
If you continue the missing blocks/items will get removed.
A world backup will be automatically created in your saves directory.

Missing Blocks/Items:
AWWayofTime:itemBloodMagicBook
thaumicinfusion:reg_InfusedBlockmotus
thaumicinfusion:reg_InfusedBlockmotus (yeah it said it twice).

Game seems to run just fine, but then I'm not anywhere near to using any of that stuff I don't think?

Well, updating to 1.4.0 will probably cause you to crash if you look at NEI because of ender storage forge mismatches are causing instacrashes.

I would wait until 1.4.1 which will come tonight.

To answer your question, no, those don't matter. That usually happens when mod authors change those specific items(or remove them/change them to a different item)

Enepttastic

Jul 29, 2019
Blargity, keep meaning to post and instead get distracted by playing...

That said, had recently come back to Minecraft and decided to try some modpacks. After mucking with several, I've settled on Hubris and have been playing that for about a week now and have some constructive criticism I thought I'd share(note I've been playing 1.3.0 so if any of the following's been taken care of, ignore it)

Quests:
Remembering: The Defense quest - while a good idea(incentivizing and aiding players to get geared), really shouldn't be a gating quest. Between artifact armor and enchanted armor, it's considerably easy to get something that's better than the iron chest/legs the quest requires. Due to that, instead of being terribly beneficial to the player, it ends up being an iron sink.

My suggestion - Swap the positions of the Leather and Defense quests and move the recall stones reward to the More Space quest. This allows Defense to be available for those who can use it and ignored for others while allowing a more accessible progression path.

Agricraft Quest - Following this one up with another about the water tank/sprinkers that agricraft offers wouldn't be a bad idea. Perhaps a detection quest requiring 4 or so tank blocks and some water channels(remind the player in the quest text that these should be made from the same type of wood) and reward one or two sprinkers/channel valves.

General Magic: The Row Row Row(Rowan sapling) quest - While I'm not terribly fond of quests relying upon the player playing the RNG game to get the quest item, that's not my biggest issue here. The two main issues I have are as follows:
1. The rewards are from the exact same RNG pool that the intended item is from. First time I attempted this quest, I ended up with both alder and hawthorn saplings and zero rowan saplings. This means that the quest has a decent chance of making one feel like the only reward is unlocking the next quests.
2. Compared to the other magic lines(At least compared to what I've seen of them thus far), this feels like it's done a bit soon. Compared to say, the Ars Magica or Botania lines, by the time a quest requiring the usage of mutandis is asked for, the player would have had quests to actually make/obtain the items involved. In other words, I think there should have been a quest to facilitate the player in making the witches' cauldron needed for mutandis creation.

My suggestion - Change Rebirth's rewards to some extra saplings, clay bottles and perhaps a basic fume for the oven. Have the next quest be to obtain some anointing paste(with a mention in the quest dialogue about how to find seeds). Give a cauldron, block of netherrack and the eggs from Rebirth as a reward. Optionally, give a choice between a bucket or flint and steel as an additional reward. Follow this with the Something New(Mutandis) quest that already exists and perhaps also explain the recipe for mutandis instead of requiring the player to use NEI/Google to find it.

Related: NEI shows a shapeless crafting recipe for Mutandis that doesn't seem to work(White Dye/Bone Meal/Floral White Powder + Cactus Green/Floral Green Powder + Redstone = 3 Mutandis)

Natural Magic: The Basics: This one's more an overall question but why on earth is the reward mostly useless? At that point, the manastar isn't really going to be needed yet and the tiny potatoes do nothing. It kinda feels kinda meh at that point.

The Arcane: Calefactor: This quest doesn't seem to have a point. There's no reward(material or follow-up quests) to it.

Food/HungerOverhaul:
A few things here:

1. From what I've read within the thread, it seems that hungercraft wasn't part of the pack at first and there was an issue with it being too easy to keep hunger satiated. Thing is, it really doesn't take much effort to remove hunger as a threat and merely make it a tedious mechanic(eating several pieces of food to fill a few hearts). It does take a smidgen longer to go from that stage to a point where hunger doesn't matter at all. This is something that could stand some looking into.

2. Non-Harvestcraft foods deserve to be looked at to bring their satiation amounts to comparative levels. I know there's a recipe or two from Witchery that should be considered either a light or normal meal and instead are considered snacks.

3. Epic Bacon has no business being considered a feast.

4. Why isn't the health regen mechanics that HungerOverhaul implements active? According to the mod's curse page, health regen should start when one has more than 3 shanks of hunger and get stronger the closer to full one is. Instead, it seems that we only heal if we're at 9+ shanks.

Overall, I like the pack setup though and look forward to where it goes.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Well! Thats nice to know, thanks. To be completly honest, i simply thought that the gate can only open with an sinister node, so i didn't even try it.

Yea, quite a few of the recipes say that they don't consume the pearl, and once you get one pearl, you get another 3 from the quest, plus a primordial crusher, so you don't even have to bother making thattt. xD
I actuallyyy went around andd put ethereal blooms around all the obelisk I found that weren't tainted yet, so I could open them later. Ended up with 6 or so marked, only used the 1... c:

Good luck! Make allss the purple items!!!

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like 1.4.1 hit the launcher, but something is wrong -- trying to download it gives a "Error while downloading modpack" message.