[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

What2eat

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to get mountainous terrain and desert? Because I have only encountered plains, forest, taint and magical forests and of course tonnes of ocean.

Reactions: ECDubbleyew

namae

Jul 29, 2019
Only i having trouble finding any crimson cult altars in order to unlock advanced void researches?

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Only i having trouble finding any crimson cult altars in order to unlock advanced void researches?

They're out there, just keep exploring. You might have to cover a lot of ground. Look for black circles on journeymap.

Has anyone gotten the end dragon quest? I just killed it but the quest didn't complete. Is the quest perhaps looking for the vanilla ender dragon rather than the ender expansion version?

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
The thing was, I didn't actually die. The sticky wolf kept getting slammed into me by the node, and every time he hit me, he stole whatever I had equipped/in my hands, dropped it... and the node then sucked it up and ate it. Took my sword, I grabbed my backpack to get another weapon, he took THAT, tried spelling him, *yoink*.... T_T (NOTE: I'm not suggesting this should be changed, just sharing my nerd rage with y'all)

Wait... sticky is when the mob hits you? It used to be when you hit the mob... ...wait how did it take your armor?

FaytGame

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I am doing a Twitch Livestream of this modpack! Check it out at twitch.tv/faytgame and see if we cant defeat this nasty taint together.

Reactions: Xolan

What2eat

Jul 29, 2019
Really like the new update.
But will it remove existing infernal modifiers from i.e. the battletower golem that's redecorating my island?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the update, or the modpack in general ~

Sticky mobs have always been the worst - a sticky wither was always my worst nightmare. Knowing that i don't have to fear them at every corner relieves me greatly.

I decided to restart my world for sportsmanship, since i started my old world directly next to an twilight portal, which in turn was directly next to a small hill. On another note, i found 8 hungry nodes in that old saves twilight forest - one of them even ate an naga! Which i didn't mind since that naga was also sticky. Speaking of "fun" those mazeslimes sure are nasty with infernal mobs. Of course, they weren't my death in that maze - instead, a random "gravity creeper" one-shot me in my battlemage armor. Luckily i had an charm of keeping 3 by then... only to realise that items in baubles aren't saved.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
I found out sticky affix applies to Ars spells even projectile, BUT wand foci are your best buds as they don't proc the affixes so POTATO POWER!!!

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
Wait... sticky is when the mob hits you? It used to be when you hit the mob... ...wait how did it take your armor?

I was also flailing around trying to break the node, so it's possible that I was hitting the dog as we both orbited the node. There was a lot of panic and screaming. As for the armor, maybe I just got dog-smacked enough that it *broke* -- but I was wearing mage robes, which I didn't think actually break and disappear? I dunno. All I know is when I finally broke the node, I was naked and afraid, and basically had nothing but some apples and some wispy essences.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
mage robes if you aren't careful will break like normal armour the only thing different is they provide better mana regen and can repair themselves overtime for some mana.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I just got raped by an infernal battle tower golem, never heard of that thing before, and lost all my items, spells etc, not fun

Last edited:

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about stuck with ars magica, I went from level 5 to 20 with no increase in damage of my spells or any new spells, what should I go for in order to have a good spell better then a sword.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I should likely note that this is on 1.2.0, sorry for not saying so before. So after killing all the dryads via the /cofh kill command, my fps went back up to reasonable levels. Which allowed me to realize that another culprit of sudden lag spikes is variations of this line;

May 22, 2015 1:04:46 AM climateControl.customGenLayer.GenLayerLock func_75904_a
INFO: location -2 -7 8 8
INFO: location 0 -6 8 8

So, anyone know what this is exactly, and what I might be able to do to fix it/cause it to happen less?

Also, is there any way to turn on the thing WAILA does where it gives the special mobs names and shows what effects they have?

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
I should likely note that this is on 1.2.0, sorry for not saying so before. So after killing all the dryads via the /cofh kill command, my fps went back up to reasonable levels. Which allowed me to realize that another culprit of sudden lag spikes is variations of this line;

So, anyone know what this is exactly, and what I might be able to do to fix it/cause it to happen less?

Also, is there any way to turn on the thing WAILA does where it gives the special mobs names and shows what effects they have?
That's not WAILA, that's a Special Mobs feature. You can disable it in the Special Mobs config.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019

the consol logging is just that, logging, it is not an error and does not cause any performance issues it is purely information logging to the console.

as for turning WAILA on and off go to options -> controls then scroll down and you will see all the waila commands. they default to the num pad keys.

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
mage robes if you aren't careful will break like normal armour the only thing different is they provide better mana regen and can repair themselves overtime for some mana.

Ah, that explains it. I've never had the mage robes break because if I start getting smacked around, I run away crying. ;)

I'm about stuck with ars magica, I went from level 5 to 20 with no increase in damage of my spells or any new spells, what should I go for in order to have a good spell better then a sword.

Knockback (green skill in Offense) helps keep enemies off you so you can keep peppering them with spells. Slow (blue skill in Defense) can also keep enemies away while you drop the DPS on them. Waaaay down in Offense, there's also a Damage spell effect (red skill) that you can put into a spell to make it hit harder. It seems like some mobs take more or less damage from different types (nether mobs laugh at Fire, Water Guardian takes no damage from Frost), but Lightning Damage is a good all-around damage type. It does well against basically everything up to and including the Air Guardian (though you might want something else for creepers....) You can also add secondary effects like Drown, Ignite, or Fling to get an extra bump of damage on top of the initial hit.

There are some really weird and creative spell recipes here that do horrible things to your enemies.. like teleporting them six blocks underground to suffocate, making a fire that pulls enemies into it, hurling them in the air and accelerating their fall to splatter them on impact, dropping a wall of lightning that slows/blinds/entangles enemies and makes them unable to get OUT of the lightning...

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Knockback (green skill in Offense) helps keep enemies off you so you can keep peppering them with spells. Slow (blue skill in Defense) can also keep enemies away while you drop the DPS on them. Waaaay down in Offense, there's also a Damage spell effect (red skill) that you can put into a spell to make it hit harder. It seems like some mobs take more or less damage from different types (nether mobs laugh at Fire, Water Guardian takes no damage from Frost), but Lightning Damage is a good all-around damage type. It does well against basically everything up to and including the Air Guardian (though you might want something else for creepers....) You can also add secondary effects like Drown, Ignite, or Fling to get an extra bump of damage on top of the initial hit.

There are some really weird and creative spell recipes here that do horrible things to your enemies.. like teleporting them six blocks underground to suffocate, making a fire that pulls enemies into it, hurling them in the air and accelerating their fall to splatter them on impact, dropping a wall of lightning that slows/blinds/entangles enemies and makes them unable to get OUT of the lightning...

I have read that but cant do anything with it since I have yet to get a green orb, I just managed to defeat the water guardian and a towergolem (using 3 holy hand grenades) and managed to get a total of 3 extra blue skill points but it seems there is nothing in there besides self->regen. progectile->element and projectile->dig, and am kinda stuck with them untill I get green upgrades. thought there would be something to increase my damage in blue skills

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
I have read that but cant do anything with it since I have yet to get a green orb, I just managed to defeat the water guardian and a towergolem (using 3 holy hand grenades) and managed to get a total of 3 extra blue skill points but it seems there is nothing in there besides self->regen. progectile->element and projectile->dig, and am kinda stuck with them untill I get green upgrades. thought there would be something to increase my damage in blue skills
I don't remember the skill layout at all anymore but I see you hit lv20 so far in AM2. Until lv40 you should get green skill points now every even level.
The way I leveled up was by making a small cost healing spell to spam every few seconds while doing non AM2 or non combat stuff. Keeps the exp flowing. It still took me quite some time (talking about few days) to hit the mid range levels and neither I ever got far enough to get the red skill points.
What I also learnt was that making a spell with all damage types early on was a huge mistake. Maintaining that mana cost compared to the damage you get sure wasn't worth it.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I don't remember the skill layout at all anymore but I see you hit lv20 so far in AM2. Until lv40 you should get green skill points now every even level.
The way I leveled up was by making a small cost healing spell to spam every few seconds while doing non AM2 or non combat stuff. Keeps the exp flowing. It still took me quite some time (talking about few days) to hit the mid range levels and neither I ever got far enough to get the red skill points.
What I also learnt was that making a spell with all damage types early on was a huge mistake. Maintaining that mana cost compared to the damage you get sure wasn't worth it.

I also read that you deal more damage when your magic level increases but im still doing 9 damage on armorless mobs no matter my level.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
I also read that you deal more damage when your magic level increases but im still doing 9 damage on armorless mobs no matter my level.

I've been finding that the spells are still not nearly as useful as my enchanted diamond sword, and it really makes me sad. I was so excited for ars magica, and this is my first experience with it. But it seems the only things I've really used it for include my dig spell, which does a 3x3x7 tunnel for like 30 mana...hnnggg<3 and then my zone, grow spell so I can grow trees and food instantlyyy <3 But as far as combat goes, I'm rather sadend. I feel like, any of the higher damage spells I can create cost like 1000 mana per cast, and the projectile+force dmg spell that's super cheap does 4 hearts or so... I just... I want moreeee. :c /endrant

diamond sword forr life. <3