[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Does the ore removal in TF include ore generation in hills and hydra caves? Because thats the primary reason I dont like TF. those hills just have stacks of ores in them and the challenge to get to them is negligible. Heck with a magic map you can just seek them out and end up with chests full of diamonds.
What? No you can't. I've been in hollow hills and they spawn almost no diamonds. It's redstone, gold, iron, and other common ores available in whatever modpack. You'd have to go to a Large hollow hill to get "stacks" of those ores, too. Hydras are far more dangerous than holllow hills, and with the progression in TF you can't just go kill one immediately. I don't remember there being diamonds in those either but if there are, having to kill a hydra is probably enough of a challenge to justify the ores? Keep in mind there are spawners scattered around inside hollow hills too. They're not just treasure piles.

I don't get the complaints about TF anyway. There's nothing cheaty about it, unless you count easy access to glowstone. It was dangerous before infernal wolves, and the ores were just as rare as in the overworld, weren't they? I guess seeing ores in caves is easier without taint covering everything, but it's not like it's easier- hostile mobs can't spawn on fibrous taint. You just get thaumic slimes from bats dying to taint, which are only dangerous when they're big.

Reactions: ECDubbleyew

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
hmm i believe theres a total of 10 chiseled stone bricks that should be pretty easy to spot against the cobble,stone, and wood in the tower. Word of advice break these first before you explore it first so you can take out the TNT in the wall so you don't blow yourself and the tower up xD. Happened to me like 3x before i learned how to work the tower to my advantage.

More often than not I have ended up with towers where the corner anti-builders are behind dirt and therefore impossible to get at. I've also had towers where the anti-builders were covered by fibrous taint. I've heard that using a shovel on your gravestone will allow you to recover it, though.

thekazador

Jul 29, 2019
for some reason my console spam this with different locations:

may 19, 2015 5:42:42 PM climateControl.customGenLayer.GenLayerLock func_75904_a
INFORMACIËN: location -3 -3 8 8

this is normal? can remove it from some config?
when i say spam i mean the console show this 5 times per second
only happen when someone are connected on the server.

Last edited:

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
Climate Control's impact is nil, so there's no real reason to remove it. Journey Map and Adventure Backpacks are the two biggest sources of lag, I've found.

As for TF, I've found something that actually put me back a bit. Glass Sword. Now, I normally put Sharpness V and Repair II on a Cursed Spirit's Blade, and revel in the power I have, splash a strength 2 and I can hit for a little over 50 damage. Glass Blade with Strength 2 is going to easily hit 120 damage. No enchantments. that is TERRIFYINGLY good >.>

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Climate control spams the console because it is building the world, it is just documentation.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Climate Control's impact is nil, so there's no real reason to remove it. Journey Map and Adventure Backpacks are the two biggest sources of lag, I've found.

As for TF, I've found something that actually put me back a bit. Glass Sword. Now, I normally put Sharpness V and Repair II on a Cursed Spirit's Blade, and revel in the power I have, splash a strength 2 and I can hit for a little over 50 damage. Glass Blade with Strength 2 is going to easily hit 120 damage. No enchantments. that is TERRIFYINGLY good >.>
The glass sword has like no durability so its a one hit kill and then you gotta use something else

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
The glass sword has like no durability so its a one hit kill and then you gotta use something else

Unbreaking and Repair enchantments, then find a bauble that limits the amount of wear'n'tear I inflict on my tools. if it is only one-use, upon testing it this way, then I'll concede and use my Cursed Spirit's Blade.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make the dig spell with just touch -> dig, however it says requires 1x spell. does that mean parchment? what do i need to create it?

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Dig i find is better if its range, range dig helps more than touch when your exploring and trying to take out the chisel blocks for master wizard towers so i would ignore touch dig even if it costs less, a range dig spell is like 12 mana a cast and easier to make to otherwise not sure never really tired making a touch dig always liked the range.

What2eat

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows how to get the cinnabar purification research from witching gadgets? I can click on it but it says that i lack the knowledge...
Got purification and transmutation from thaumcraft itself researched and the infernal and blast furnace...

edit: scanning a native cluster of cinnabar doesn't help

Last edited:

Cryovolcano

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make the dig spell with just touch -> dig, however it says requires 1x spell. does that mean parchment? what do i need to create it?

It probably means Spell Parchment. But you can read the book on the altar and see the different ingredients listed, much easier sometimes :)

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows how to get the cinnabar purification research from witching gadgets? I can click on it but it says that i lack the knowledge...
Got purification and transmutation from thaumcraft itself researched and the infernal and blast furnace...

I can only thing i think is that you don't got enough of the aspects that go into that research or you might be missing an an aspect for the research itself myself was confused on that when i was missing the slime aspect for a research topic.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
i am mage lvl 12 but the only two spells i have are projectile > lightning and projectile > dig. where will I find higher damaging spells and what do you recommend i do? kill the water boss?

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
i am mage lvl 12 but the only two spells i have are projectile > lightning and projectile > dig. where will I find higher damaging spells and what do you recommend i do? kill the water boss?
As you level up you'll gain blue, green and red skill points but those alone won't be enough to master all the spells available in this mod. In the oculus you can see your remaining skill points. If I'm not mistaken every even level from 1 to 20 you get blue skill points, 21 to 40 green and 41 to 60 red ones. After that leveling up only boosts your spell damage and what not.

If you want more (and you do) skill points you'll have to beat the bosses the mod offers or find skill orbs found by dungeon loot. The bosses can be quite tough.

This all stands correct if nothing about AM2 was changed in this pack.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
As you level up you'll gain blue, green and red skill points but those alone won't be enough to master all the spells available in this mod. In the oculus you can see your remaining skill points. If I'm not mistaken every even level from 1 to 20 you get blue skill points, 21 to 40 green and 41 to 60 red ones. After that leveling up only boosts your spell damage and what not.

If you want more (and you do) skill points you'll have to beat the bosses the mod offers or find skill orbs found by dungeon loot. The bosses can be quite tough.

This all stands correct if nothing about AM2 was changed in this pack.

Thanks had no idea your level increases your damage, I understand how it works with the orbs etc I'm just not sure what I should do right now, weather I should kill a boss, change my spell, level more, and how to go aobut these things, also what spell should I aim for? there is nothing I can think of what I need right now

also what level do I need on battle mage armor to imbue them and get stronger defenses? cause the upgrades are all greyed out right now.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
what is the best affinity, or your favorite infinity for this modpack?
You don't have control over affinity, it's calculated from the spells you use more offen.

I'm lvl 17 mage may I suggest you for leveling to find a spawner and sometimes trigger it for killing mobs (fire projectile is good for this).

NOTE : don't spam the spell buttton as efficacity and amount of xp of the spell decrease when the burnout (red bar on the left) increase.

After when you have enough point for dig spell (utility tab but you have to choose touch before) you can leveling with it.

@DrasticDemise is it possible to make AM spell creation accept pam's harvestcraft raw fish ? Yesterday I'm fishing for a raw fish as my spell request a vanilla one and after 8 pam's fish I'm giving one.

Last edited:

Arashisr

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to make AM spell creation accept pam's harvestcraft raw fish ? Yesterday I'm fishing for a raw fish as my spell request a vanilla one and after 8 pam's fish I'm giving one.
If you put a pam's Harvestcraft raw fish in a crafting grid by itself it will convert into a minecraft raw fish. Note Salmon, Clownfish and Pufferfish wont convert. Also Firm Tofu will also make a raw fish if put in a crafting grid by itself.