[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I allowed access to the twilight forest before I was even ready, and it honestly shouldn't have been in the pack until I molded it into the progression system how I wanted. However it is too late for that, so until then I can discourage "living" there. It already offers an entire dimension without taint and has animals for now. However next update will not be so kind :)

The Aether was removed because it caused health bonus's to duplicate when you changed dimensions as well as breaking the sojourners sash and globe trotters sash from Botania.

I found a TF portal right near my spawn, but the constant zombie wolf spawns discouraged me from making a base there. Taint honestly isn't that big a deal in comparison.

On a different topic, might I suggest you change the Infernal Mobs and Special Mobs configs? Hungry Spiders are AWFUL when they eat their own shed string. They keep doing it, gaining strength and max hp from it, plus they never despawn and they have passive regen which can stack with Infernal regen... every time they hit you they steal an item, which can be your armor or weapon! Infernal Mobs on its own is heinous with default configs. Bonuses that give extra attacks such as Ghastly, Alchemist, and Storm will trigger even if the mob isn't hostile. For instance, on pigmen. Nobody likes Sticky or the Special Mobs that steal items (Hungry Spiders AGAIN, along with Thief skeletons), Vengeance/Ender/Ninja can result in you just killing yourself, and Regen on an especially durable mob can result in a nigh-unkillable monster. I think Vampire bugs out the Wither and allows it to gain infinite hp.

I noticed that mobgriefing is off. Ghastly bypasses it. I think some of the specialmobs creepers bypass it, too.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I found a TF portal right near my spawn, but the constant zombie wolf spawns discouraged me from making a base there. Taint honestly isn't that big a deal in comparison.

On a different topic, might I suggest you change the Infernal Mobs and Special Mobs configs? Hungry Spiders are AWFUL when they eat their own shed string. They keep doing it, gaining strength and max hp from it, plus they never despawn and they have passive regen which can stack with Infernal regen... every time they hit you they steal an item, which can be your armor or weapon! Infernal Mobs on its own is heinous with default configs. Bonuses that give extra attacks such as Ghastly, Alchemist, and Storm will trigger even if the mob isn't hostile. For instance, on pigmen. Nobody likes Sticky or the Special Mobs that steal items (Hungry Spiders AGAIN, along with Thief skeletons), Vengeance/Ender/Ninja can result in you just killing yourself, and Regen on an especially durable mob can result in a nigh-unkillable monster. I think Vampire bugs out the Wither and allows it to gain infinite hp.

I noticed that mobgriefing is off. Ghastly bypasses it. I think some of the specialmobs creepers bypass it, too.

I have submitted an update that will be live, you can see the changelog in the main post. But to answer your post:
  1. Hungry mobs will never be infernal anymore.
  2. Regen infernal config is going to be turned off.
  3. Mob griefing is on, tainted creepers do not do damage in an explosion, they spawn more fibrous taint and flux.
  4. Sticky config will be off.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I have submitted an update that will be live, you can see the changelog in the main post. But to answer your post:
  1. Hungry mobs will never be infernal anymore.
  2. Regen infernal config is going to be turned off.
  3. Mob griefing is on, tainted creepers do not do damage in an explosion, they spawn more fibrous taint and flux.
  4. Sticky config will be off.
Well it's an improvement. I didn't know that about tainted creepers. I guess I never saw a non-tainted creeper explode.

Also hang on, zombie wolves always infernal? ...do magnum torches stop them from spawning? Or is there some way to make them passive, like via being a werewolf? Otherwise I feel as though it will be incredibly difficult to do anything at all in TF.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Does the ore removal in TF include ore generation in hills and hydra caves? Because thats the primary reason I dont like TF. those hills just have stacks of ores in them and the challenge to get to them is negligible. Heck with a magic map you can just seek them out and end up with chests full of diamonds.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Does the ore removal in TF include ore generation in hills and hydra caves? Because thats the primary reason I dont like TF. those hills just have stacks of ores in them and the challenge to get to them is negligible. Heck with a magic map you can just seek them out and end up with chests full of diamonds.

I have yet to go to twilight forest, never seen a portal and honestly had not notice it was even included, I am honestly just going to keep to the overworld until it is nerfed, the best thing about this modpack is the challenge to me.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
what are the easier dungeons to do first? floating island, broken towers, tall towers etc? every one I try and do I come accross some uber monster that owns me in one hit.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
grab a dig spell and do battle towers with a range dig spell you pretty much just sit under the spawners while on the first floor since there all lined in a row going up and fire away and that pretty much makes sure the upper floors are mob free and easy to loot.

Reactions: ECDubbleyew

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
I have yet to go to twilight forest, never seen a portal and honestly had not notice it was even included, I am honestly just going to keep to the overworld until it is nerfed, the best thing about this modpack is the challenge to me.
I dislike TF to the point I dont even enter the portals when I see them. It feels too cheaty to me.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
grab a dig spell and do battle towers with a range dig spell you pretty much just sit under the spawners while on the first floor since there all lined in a row going up and fire away and that pretty much makes sure the upper floors are mob free and easy to loot.

whats this dig spell? I have only got wand of excavation

Powman

Jul 29, 2019
This might not be the appropriate place to post this but idk where else to post :( anyways is it just me or Ars magica 2 Regen and Heal spell dont work together?

What2eat

Jul 29, 2019
This might not be the appropriate place to post this but idk where else to post :( anyways is it just me or Ars magica 2 Regen and Heal spell dont work together?

Haven't tried that out yet and there surely is an ars magica forum.

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
you need 500 points of Neutral Essentia from an Obelisk to set the spell to cast on ones-self.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
What does it cost? Those are both very expensive components. Make sure you have enough mana.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Powman i think its ment to work like that otherwise it be to OP. Chose 1 that suits ur prefence would you like healing over time which i find is good for dungeon runs or a insane instant heal for bossing thats how i put them into groups.

Jermo

Jul 29, 2019
I started a server for me and my friends with this Modpack and my console is getting spammed with a ClimateControl function? Version 1.2.2

climatecontrol.customGenLayer.GenLayerLock func_75904_a

It's happening in what seems like a small area around the spawn area
and was wondering if anyone else is having this issue, or if it is an issue?

Last edited:

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
I went into one of the towers that don't allow you to destroy blocks. I then proceeded to die there and couldnt break my gravestone! I didnt have much and it was an early game so i just restarted, but how does one recover items there? I think there were big hard hitting golems in the basement of this particular tower.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I never could make it work in another pack. Only one of the two effects ever worked.

ECDubbleyew

Jul 29, 2019
I went into one of the towers that don't allow you to destroy blocks. I then proceeded to die there and couldnt break my gravestone! I didnt have much and it was an early game so i just restarted, but how does one recover items there? I think there were big hard hitting golems in the basement of this particular tower.

I believe you can break the blocks... that are keeping you from breaking the blocks. (hopefully that makes sense to you) I believe that they look like chiseled stone bricks. (The square stone blocks)
I've seen someone find all of these and destroy them in a video and then they could destroy the rest of the tower.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
hmm i believe theres a total of 10 chiseled stone bricks that should be pretty easy to spot against the cobble,stone, and wood in the tower. Word of advice break these first before you explore it first so you can take out the TNT in the wall so you don't blow yourself and the tower up xD. Happened to me like 3x before i learned how to work the tower to my advantage.