[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
1.2.1 was corrupted, 1.2.2. Fixes it.

Can you check the gold gen rates? it seems to be too common right now, I am getting more gold then iron, and at diamond level it is about 3-4x more gold then iron, have read other people having lots of gold so don't think I'm just lucky, the reduced spawn might be broken.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
I think candleberries give ordo. Just make a huge farm of them :)

I set up a thaumic extruder cobble gen, feeding into an ars magica calefactor powered by the crystal monolith thing. Let it go for a while and got half a barrel of smooth stone. Then I use a chisel to convert it to chiseled smooth stone at a 1:1 ratio. I think it only takes 1 durability to convert an entire stack.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
back in 1.2.0 I was having HORRIBLE frame rate. Now it's quite playable. I don't know what you did but it helped!

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
back in 1.2.0 I was having HORRIBLE frame rate. Now it's quite playable. I don't know what you did but it helped!

what is odd is my game runs fine at render distance 12 on the surface watching all the taint spread, but when I am strip mining for diamonds down underground when i can only see 3-4 blocks at a time I start to lag the more i dig.

Reactions: Pudding01

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Can you check the gold gen rates? it seems to be too common right now, I am getting more gold then iron, and at diamond level it is about 3-4x more gold then iron, have read other people having lots of gold so don't think I'm just lucky, the reduced spawn might be broken.

I also have an excess of gold, for two reasons:
1) Progression through thaumcraft has been using up a lot more iron than gold.
2) Thaumcraft treasure bags. They drop very commonly from mobs, and usually contain gold coins and sometimes gold bars, but not iron.

Yishai

Jul 29, 2019
what is odd is my game runs fine at render distance 12 on the surface watching all the taint spread, but when I am strip mining for diamonds down underground when i can only see 3-4 blocks at a time I start to lag the more i dig.

I don't think the visibility of the blocks matters.
The problem is when you strip mine you move into 1 direction more or less quickly so new chunks get generated.
This leads into new blocks to spread on by the taint.
Your CPU won't be happy about that. :p

But I have the same experience with the overall framrate increase.
And for some reason the loading time of the modpack itself went down alot.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting with agricraft now, does this pack have any sort of watering can to help grow for the initial stages of the mod? cant find one in nei

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting with agricraft now, does this pack have any sort of watering can to help grow for the initial stages of the mod? cant find one in nei

You can find lilypads of fertility in dungeon chests. I think they work on a 9x9 area, up to one block below and four blocks above the lilypad. The effects of multiple lilypads stack, too. I've got four of them, and they make crop breeding go really quickly.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the visibility of the blocks matters.
The problem is when you strip mine you move into 1 direction more or less quickly so new chunks get generated.
This leads into new blocks to spread on by the taint.
Your CPU won't be happy about that. :p

But I have the same experience with the overall framrate increase.
And for some reason the loading time of the modpack itself went down alot.

nah I'm talking when i head down into my mine (directly straight down a ladder) i start to lag the lower I go, no horizontal movement.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Use agricraft irrigation system it speed the growth and the sprinkler as an area of 9x9 or 7x7 (depend of difficulty settings I think).
is it possible to guarantee a silverwood sapling drop? last 2 trees haven't dropped one
If you have thaumcraft infusion altar research axe of the stream, can cut big tree easyly and increase saplings drop.

Is a method to automate the obelisk of ars magica ? I think thaumcraft golem with fill core are usable.

Those have more gold than iron are lucky, on my server is more iron than gold.

In thaumcraft there is a research for making native cluster from ore and native clusters is a method of doubling ore.

I think AM calefactor is an other but a supply of all thee etherium (neutral from obelisk, light from crystal and dark from aurum) is needed.

What's wrong with the last version, I'm back home, connect to my server ... 0 fps, no world gen because there is 36689 thaumic slime :eek:

Last edited:

ECDubbleyew

Jul 29, 2019
I placed some lava recently and my screen started to darken and Flash around the edges as a you could hear a heartbeat. It really freaked me out. Does anyone know what this is from? Does it even have to do with the lava or was that coincidence?

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
I placed some lava recently and my screen started to darken and Flash around the edges as a you could hear a heartbeat. It really freaked me out. Does anyone know what this is from? Does it even have to do with the lava or was that coincidence?

Sounds like the things that happen if you have researched any of the Forbidden stuff from Thaumcraft.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Finaly I kill all entities by using /cofh killall but the command are processed before server shutdown and now I have two hole big as a chunk and fill with nothing near my base.

We suffer from timeout since update 1.2.0 and console is spammed with this "18.05 22:48:16 [Server] Server thread/INFO [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:648)".

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
So... a creeper just blew up and vaporized my Twilight Portal, which I now can't fix. Which makes me the saddest Wookiee, because my entire witchery area was built around the other side of that portal. Even worse, I can't even cheat in the actual portal blocks to cheat the pool, because if any two of them touch each other they turn into water source blocks.

I know the idea was to nerf things such that people need to *find* a Twilight pool, rather than just making one and moving in. Is there maybe a way to change the 'catalyst' for a pool, so that you can find/create something from the Twilight Forest and create a pool once you've actually done some exploration in there? Like, requiring a magic map (requiring two common twilight materials to make), or a naga scale/naga trophy (requiring you to kill the first "boss") instead of a diamond?

EDIT: I was able to go into configs and temporarily re-enable portal spawning, so it's fixed now... but I do still like the idea of requiring a Twillight boss drop to be able to make your own...

Last edited:

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with mount maybe instead of the Aether quest line make a Twilight quest line with the final quest having to make your own portal with several boss items? Would make Twilight forest better than just a ore gathering spot or something.

EtherealHC

Jul 29, 2019
A buddy and I wanted to try this out tonight but we're getting swarmed by hundreds of taint slimes before we can leave spawn. Tried 1.2.0 and 1.2.2 and three different worlds. Every 2-3 minutes there are another 300+ slimes spawned lagging out both our systems and the server. Is this intended or is it something we're doing wrong with the server setup?

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
So, I figured out what was causing me to drop to 3-4 FPS. Adventure Backpacks :( which sucks, because they're useful as hell >.< while wearing one, my frames tank, and if I open it while wearing it, it drops even more. if I'm carrying it, I don't get the frame hit, and opening causes much less lag, and I get no lag from opening it on the floor :s

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
A buddy and I wanted to try this out tonight but we're getting swarmed by hundreds of taint slimes before we can leave spawn. Tried 1.2.0 and 1.2.2 and three different worlds. Every 2-3 minutes there are another 300+ slimes spawned lagging out both our systems and the server. Is this intended or is it something we're doing wrong with the server setup?

Surviving is really tough at the very start. Besides that, I noticed that most of the surface layer of sand is turned into tainted crust upon word gen. Tainted crust has a tendency to collapse into goo, so if you spawn near beaches you'll get loads of slimes quickly. It's not nearly as bad if you're inland, though.

So, I figured out what was causing me to drop to 3-4 FPS. Adventure Backpacks :( which sucks, because they're useful as hell >.< while wearing one, my frames tank, and if I open it while wearing it, it drops even more. if I'm carrying it, I don't get the frame hit, and opening causes much less lag, and I get no lag from opening it on the floor :s

Yeah I wish I knew what exactly triggered the slowdown. I used a backpack for a few days without issue, then I started having the fps drop while wearing it. I've gone back to using an ender pouch for now.