[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
The system is under maintenance. It may take a few hours to see the newest version.
Well crap.

Hey, do you know why every time I re-open the launcher and go to the news section it's scrolled down to a semi-random entry? While it's not harmful or anything it's a bit annoying to have it scrolled halfway down when you just want to see if there's some new news or not.

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
3. Really? I will do some testing and see if this can be resolved. If not, I will simply remove it as a part.

You could make it look for the other items that you can get form the portal, such as elementium, pixie dust, dragon stone and alfglass & dreamwood. 1 of each maybe.

the_shadowmind

Jul 29, 2019
The Twilight Forest has animals, not sure if boars drop pig fat yet though.
My attempts of playing this on hardcore have been going less than successful.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
How does one acquire animals? I need some pig fat for warding candles.
If you are near a magical forest, mobs spawn fairly often if you are far enough away. Or if you have found a way to clear the taint they will simply spawn in the biome you have converted.

Reactions: Pudding01

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
I found myself some friends today.
83f5208867.jpg

ANDDD then I spotted this wonderful thing...

b5c96da9d1.jpg

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
The next update will feature the release of Blood Magic. Blood magic will be implemented to fill some content that may be lacking such as:
  • Extreme late game content such as custom spells and sigils.
  • Definitive potion system
  • Utility Rituals - While Witchery adds many rituals, blood magic offers many more than can be used in many more circumstances.
Blood magic will be accessible only after reaching certain points in Botania, Thaumcraft and AM2. It will complete the official forms of magic. What you can expect in the Blood Magic Questline:
  • Creation of each Tier of altar and blood orb.
  • Removal of the early grind for ritual stones and runes. These will be given as bonuses - you will only have to make a few.
  • Creation of some sigils - others as rewards.
  • Introduction to the spell system
  • Introduction to the Alchemy System
  • Introduction of various rituals
  • Demon Slaying
  • Demon Summoning
This update may take a day or two to complete, thoughts?

Croebh

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea how long it will take for the 0.7 update to hit the launcher? I'd like to start playing, but don't want to have to update like an hour into my game haha

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea how long it will take for the 0.7 update to hit the launcher? I'd like to start playing, but don't want to have to update like an hour into my game haha

The maintenance is still occurring. It is not known how much longer it may take, a few more hours would be my bet. Sorry!

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
The next update will feature the release of Blood Magic. Blood magic will be implemented to fill some content that may be lacking such as:
  • Extreme late game content such as custom spells and sigils.
  • Definitive potion system
  • Utility Rituals - While Witchery adds many rituals, blood magic offers many more than can be used in many more circumstances.
Blood magic will be accessible only after reaching certain points in Botania, Thaumcraft and AM2. It will complete the official forms of magic. What you can expect in the Blood Magic Questline:
  • Creation of each Tier of altar and blood orb.
  • Removal of the early grind for ritual stones and runes. These will be given as bonuses - you will only have to make a few.
  • Creation of some sigils - others as rewards.
  • Introduction to the spell system
  • Introduction to the Alchemy System
  • Introduction of various rituals
  • Demon Slaying
  • Demon Summoning
This update may take a day or two to complete, thoughts?

In the "lore" part for Blood magic, have it say something about how that, while using one's own life force was forbidden, you feel like, as the last one left, no one would mind. Or something like that!

Reactions: Timid

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
In the "lore" part for Blood magic, have it say something about how that, while using one's own life force was forbidden, you feel like, as the last one left, no one would mind. Or something like that!
This is forbidden but... there is no one else to see it, so.... f#%k it :p

Join that with something like, oh shit, demons are nasty and that is why it was forbidden when summoning them :)

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Was able to finally download the server files. Made a new test world to look at the loot, andd the first 2 chests I opened contained 2 staves of ender, a staff of serpent, a salamaders eye, the invisibilty cloak, and 4 dragon talons... it continued on like that... Not sure if this is intentional. Maybeee those values need to be tweaked? It seems as if those items are a littttleee too common. I also found a surprisingly low amount of iron, and food. Just some wheat... o-o Anyone else care to share?

I also wanted to suggest adding the witchery crops to the agricraft mutations config.
I was a little surprised when they didn't work at first, as this is only my second encounter with the mod.
Wasn't too hard to figure out how to add them in though. c:

LunarNocturnality

Jul 29, 2019
Was able to finally download the server files. Made a new test world to look at the loot, andd the first 2 chests I opened contained 2 staves of ender, a staff of serpent, a salamaders eye, the invisibilty cloak, and 4 dragon talons... it continued on like that... Not sure if this is intentional. Maybeee those values need to be tweaked? It seems as if those items are a littttleee too common. I also found a surprisingly low amount of iron, and food. Just some wheat... o-o Anyone else care to share?

I also wanted to suggest adding the witchery crops to the agricraft mutations config.
I was a little surprised when they didn't work at first, as this is only my second encounter with the mod.

At least you didnt have kill 20+ withers for 9 blocks of emerald that you'd never use like I did :p (this is old patch ofc)

I do hope that the nether dungeon loots are tweaked too in the latest patch. Especially the chest thats above the wither spawner.

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
A few comments & Questions:
- Why is the twilight forest included? With a dozen flowers and a single diamond you can find a lovely place to live peacefully with no threat of taint and all the resources you could want? Seems odd.
- Is the removal of the single block step assist from the Soujourners Sash intentional? It is very annoying as with the double height jump that is still included it makes it slower to go up gradual hills as you spend some time in the air waiting to hit the ground again just to go forward a block or 2 and do another long jump.
- I think I found a bug with some late game Botania Items. The Ring of Odin is giving me 20 extra hearts every time I go to a new dimension. I'm up to around 100 hearts now. Not sure if this is in this pack or just botania, I checked the change log for the latest version of Botania but didn't see anything about it.
I included a screenshot to show off my base and show what 100 hearts of health looks like :)

2015-04-22_18.03.12.jpg

Reactions: BaileyH

LunarNocturnality

Jul 29, 2019
- Is the removal of the single block step assist from the Soujourners Sash intentional? It is very annoying as with the double height jump that is still included it makes it slower to go up gradual hills as you spend some time in the air waiting to hit the ground again just to go forward a block or 2 and do another long jump.
View attachment 18110

You can use AM2 armor XP infusion thing to add step assist to your leggings as a substitute. Im not so sure whats up with the botania sash.

Awesome base btw. Im starting to feel like Im the only one whos not living on the sea.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019

The spawn rates of those items are very low. To put it in perspective you are 4x more likely to find a ton of iron than one of those items.

The sash step assist is a bug in the latest version.

I was unaware of Witchery plants being disabled for breeding. I will look into that.

I am probably going to buff the twilight forest to stop that.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
A few comments & Questions:
- Why is the twilight forest included? With a dozen flowers and a single diamond you can find a lovely place to live peacefully with no threat of taint and all the resources you could want? Seems odd.
- I think I found a bug with some late game Botania Items. The Ring of Odin is giving me 20 extra hearts every time I go to a new dimension. I'm up to around 100 hearts now. Not sure if this is in this pack or just botania, I checked the change log for the latest version of Botania but didn't see anything about it.
I included a screenshot to show off my base and show what 100 hearts of health looks like :)

View attachment 18110

I was also having the step-assist issue and asked about it the other day. I understood that it was a bug with Botania, and once the DrasticDemise updated Botania, it'd probably be fixed. However, after updating Hubris yesterday, I found that my step-assist is now working.. o-o Soo strange, since Botania wasn't updated.

I agree 100% about the twilight forest inclusion being odd. It's an easy way for someone to ruin the pack for themselves, however with that being said, if they want to ruin it for themselves, let them. I'll be here in the ocean, also ruining it for myself. Although I did still struggle with finding animals like cows and pigs, bonemeal wasn't really a resource I had so I made plenty of boat trips to the mainland to break grass, mining was rather annoying at first with the water everywhere, andddd needing more space was a constant struggle. The island life... xD I've since found a larger island, that I've been extending aswell. c:

Those hearts, my goshhh o: Share someee!!

The spawn rates of those items are very low. To put it in perspective you are 4x more likely to find a ton of iron than one of those items.

The sash step assist is a bug in the latest version.

I was unaware of Witchery plants being disabled for breeding. I will look into that.

I am probably going to buff the twilight forest to stop that.

Yea, by default you can't breed them or use them on the crops. I took a look an old Mutations.txt from Regrowth, and it had the Witchery breeding in it, so I took those lines, added them to my mutations file, anddd it worked! c: