[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
How did you lock your world generation to only a single biome? I would really like to know, thanks. Would be cool if you could link me to a tutorial or something :)
(I'm quite braindead)
Just use mods like alternate terrain generator and climate control to modify the weight of biomes. Minecraft isn't a fan when you mess with world gen though. Oceans are hard coded into the game along with beaches

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Just use mods like alternate terrain generator and climate control to modify the weight of biomes. Minecraft isn't a fan when you mess with world gen though. Oceans are hard coded into the game along with beaches

It's good for all us noobs who had a hard time starting anywhere else. The ocean has saved my life. xD

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a lot.
Would you say Alternate Terrain Generation is easy to use and learn?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Configuration files are generally very simple to use and change. ATG is one of the better ones.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
It would be awesome if some mod had an option to convert land on world generation, so normal biomes could be generated and then converted to tainted biome and we would get montains/deserts and other kind of world generation. Currently, generating tainted biomes only gives you plains tainted and that makes the world pretty much all the same.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
It would be awesome if some mod had an option to convert land on world generation, so normal biomes could be generated and then converted to tainted biome and we would get montains/deserts and other kind of world generation. Currently, generating tainted biomes only gives you plains tainted and that makes the world pretty much all the same.
The only way to do that would be to set the surface blocks of every biome fibrous taint, but then you couldn't walk on it. Tainted lands generation is strange. It seems to piggyback off of the plains class so it makes defining an entire world tainted land a headache.

Or I am just bad at it. Who knows!

Reactions: Pudding01

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
The only way to do that would be to set the surface blocks of every biome fibrous taint, but then you couldn't walk on it. Tainted lands generation is strange. It seems to piggyback off of the plains class so it makes defining an entire world tainted land a headache.

Or I am just bad at it. Who knows!
I mean, a mod that just let normal world generation occur and then after the chunk is generated, change the chunk biome to tainted biome. Might not be to hard... Maybe some modder might do it if you ask nicely :)

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
So apparently I'm one of those who suck at survival too. I guess you can consider this the ramblings of a player who doesn't normally care much for hardcore, mob-fighty maps.

It's been about four Minecraft days and I've died ... four times? Plus rage-quit and shame-restarted twice. A tainted world is WAY, WAY out of my comfort zone. I really hate it. I think I'm playing right now just to prove something to myself.

I know the point is supposed to be exploration, but for me exploration is out of the question. I can't go 50 blocks without losing half my health to taint poisoning. Ores being harder to get just feels to me like "I guess I need to mine more." I know you nerfed taint spread but to me it feels super fast. Most everything is covered in fibrous taint now. There's not much left in the way of grass or trees to punch.

There may be something in the quest book that helps me through this part, but I wouldn't know - it's in a gravestone over in the village, where a stupid tainted villager killed me. He's also got my bucket, coal and iron pick. I'm not going back there for a while.

I did find pure node and dug a hole. I'll dig around here for a while I try to replace the stuff I lost in the village.

Sorry for the moaning and groaning. You deserve it for putting me through this torture though. :)

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
So apparently I'm one of those who suck at survival too. I guess you can consider this the ramblings of a player who doesn't normally care much for hardcore, mob-fighty maps.

It's been about four Minecraft days and I've died ... four times? Plus rage-quit and shame-restarted twice. A tainted world is WAY, WAY out of my comfort zone. I really hate it. I think I'm playing right now just to prove something to myself.

I know the point is supposed to be exploration, but for me exploration is out of the question. I can't go 50 blocks without losing half my health to taint poisoning. Ores being harder to get just feels to me like "I guess I need to mine more." I know you nerfed taint spread but to me it feels super fast. Most everything is covered in fibrous taint now. There's not much left in the way of grass or trees to punch.

There may be something in the quest book that helps me through this part, but I wouldn't know - it's in a gravestone over in the village, where a stupid tainted villager killed me. He's also got my bucket, coal and iron pick. I'm not going back there for a while.

I did find pure node and dug a hole. I'll dig around here for a while I try to replace the stuff I lost in the village.

Sorry for the moaning and groaning. You deserve it for putting me through this torture though. :)
Build your base, get a solid food supply, and some magical form of transportation before exploring. Also, sprint jumping while on taint reduces chances of catching it.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Build your base, get a solid food supply, and some magical form of transportation before exploring. Also, sprint jumping while on taint reduces chances of catching it.
I've got a platform about 12 blocks off the ground and basic crops I looted from the villagers, plus a healthy chicken that spawned in my tiny base biome while I was mining. I'm a lot less frantic now. :D

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Beyond my earlier whining, I should say that replacing the quest book if you lose it when I did (about an hour in) is pretty painful. No mobs spawn where I am, so I can't get rotten flesh for leather without either building a mob farm or running a long way across tainted land to unloaded chunks at night. Unless there's another early-game way to get rotten flesh?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering how we use the Runic Dungeon items? It seem they do not function unless equipped using baubles mod. Also what kinds of items are able to be used in the baubles like window? It doesn't seem to work with any Thaumcraft, Runic Dungeons items.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.7.0 has been released - The Dungeon Changes/Reliquary Update
  • Added Reliquary line - Reliquary has now become a relic seeking quest. The quest line pertains to detection in which you must find each item found at various rates in dungeon chests. Some items are craftable however.
  • Added RoseBush crafting.
  • Added BiblioCraft
  • Increased Spectre Key Cost(You sneaky people)
  • Added Leather Quest at the beginning to clarify the smelting of flesh.
  • Nerfed food in chests. I accidentally broke the amount of food spawning in chests from hunger overhaul. You now have a chance of finding one instead of 64.
  • Increased chance of finding iron in a chest
  • Reduced amount of bread

Last edited:

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I've started a Hubris Let's Play, if you want to take a look at it. :)
Cool! Added to the main post :)

I was wondering how we use the Runic Dungeon items? It seem they do not function unless equipped using baubles mod. Also what kinds of items are able to be used in the baubles like window? It doesn't seem to work with any Thaumcraft, Runic Dungeons items.

The baubles menu is the inventory with the small circle on the character in the inventory, or accessed with whatever button you have set. This takes on the Botania, Thaumcraft and runic dungeons items.

The other menu is the Aether menu which takes only aether items.

Reactions: RehabOholic

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a few more issues in my playthrough.
1 - Ender eyes were pointing me at the wrong place for the end portal. I found it close by on the minimap. I did start this map on a pretty early version and have upgraded through each version to 0.61 (not on .7 yet)
2 - I killed the ender dragon but it didnt detect it, I suspect because its a 2 stage quest and the killing bit doesnt activate until you acknowledge the first but which is just arriving in the end, but really who has time with an ender dragon after them to stop and check the quest book.
3 - The elven knowledge lexica botania didnt register in the quest book either, I want those 6 mana tablets!

Anyway, have manually completed these quests and moved on.

Also, I was loving the food in the dungeons, shame to see it nerfed, my gourmaryllis was having a feast!

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a few more issues in my playthrough.
1 - Ender eyes were pointing me at the wrong place for the end portal. I found it close by on the minimap. I did start this map on a pretty early version and have upgraded through each version to 0.61 (not on .7 yet)
2 - I killed the ender dragon but it didnt detect it, I suspect because its a 2 stage quest and the killing bit doesnt activate until you acknowledge the first but which is just arriving in the end, but really who has time with an ender dragon after them to stop and check the quest book.
3 - The elven knowledge lexica botania didnt register in the quest book either, I want those 6 mana tablets!

Anyway, have manually completed these quests and moved on.

Also, I was loving the food in the dungeons, shame to see it nerfed, my gourmaryllis was having a feast!

1. That is something I unfortunately do not have control of. I am glad you found it though!

2. I can see how this may be a problem. I will remove the first part since everyone knows by now that the dragon is in the End. Good call.

3. Really? I will do some testing and see if this can be resolved. If not, I will simply remove it as a part.

And your plants were having too much of a feast! No one needs that much beef wellington!

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.7.0 has been released - The Dungeon Changes/Reliquary Update
  • Nerfed food in chests. I accidentally broke the amount of food spawning in chests from hunger overhaul. You now have a chance of finding one instead of 64.

I was wondering why I kept getting half a stack of food that fully restored your hunger...

Reactions: BaileyH