[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

datagne

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of wand are you using and enchantment? Does it always crash? Screen shots would help. Try it with different wands and enchantments
I used a standard Silverwood want for my regular world, enchanting Haste III onto my boots. I tried this several times, having to use a backup each time, as the save would crash after loading each time. I also tried using a Creative wand on a creative world, using the same conditions, with the same result.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
It is out of date and is supposed to be fixed in the newer updates. I will push an update soon for it.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Insight on the next update - To come either later today or tomorrow.
  • Blood magic will require advancement in all other schools of magic before becoming available. It will have a forbidden magic theme. Balance is up in the air, while blood magic isn't as obscene as it used to be, it may still be a bit too strong. Or do the risks balance it out since there is no tech to break it?
  • Reliquary will be a relic themed quest line. Some items will be craftable, but other than that the items will be found in dungeon chests. The quest line will be largely detection with rewards and information about each item.
I am most likely going to finish the reliquary update before blood magic since that will take a bit of time to flesh out.

Reactions: Pudding01

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
question on that: is the chest loot generated when opening the chest ? or do you have to create a new world/new chunks to get chests with the new implemented loot ?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Chest loot is created on the generation of the chunk, and unfortunately I am not finding a way to retrogen chest loot. However I believe the Aether uses the minecraft loot files, and Aether dungeons are replayable, so that is a way to get around this.

I know it sucks to think you may have missed a relic, but think of it as more incentive to go out and dungeon/explore/raid some more, like the pack is intended :)

LunarNocturnality

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any luck in getting moonstones? Ive left my computer running for a whole night and got nothin.
I have a small sized plains biome with grass and am a level 10+ magic user.
Cjl5gYv.png

Last edited:

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
You found plains?

Edit: I see the ethereal bloom now. I thought I broke something.

Last edited:

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any luck in getting moonstones? Ive left my computer running for a whole night and got nothin.
I have a small sized plains biome with grass and am a level 10+ magic user.
Cjl5gYv.png

I've set up on an island in the ocean, it was rather tiny, but enough to get started. My friend playing with me has been doing AM and we've gotten 1 moonstone on that island. We've since moved. We've transported all of our items here, andd in the process, 2 other moonstones have crashed on our new island. Soo to summarize, yes, we are getting moonstone. xD But... isn't there a quest that gives you moonstone blocks? or did you need more? I know nothing about AM, soo... xD Goodluck!

LunarNocturnality

Jul 29, 2019
I've set up on an island in the ocean, it was rather tiny, but enough to get started. My friend playing with me has been doing AM and we've gotten 1 moonstone on that island. We've since moved. We've transported all of our items here, andd in the process, 2 other moonstones have crashed on our new island. Soo to summarize, yes, we are getting moonstone. xD But... isn't there a quest that gives you moonstone blocks? or did you need more? I know nothing about AM, soo... xD Goodluck!

I'm keeping the blocks for my light altar. I guess I'll try making a grass platform in the ocean and see how it goes.

Edit: Ocean Biome works. one meteor in an hour or so. Not sure why none lands near my base during 6 hours of afk. Either it have something to do with tainted biome or Im just extremely unlucky.
VCxDLwX.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudding01

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
I'm keeping the blocks for my light altar. I guess I'll try making a grass platform in the ocean and see how it goes.
My friend suggested to tell youu to make sure you're not sleeping through the night, as they only fall during the night time. o:

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I am nearly finished with the Reliquary update. It will be pushed tomorrow :)

With the update is a few balance changes for dungeon loot in general to compensate for ore gen reduction.

HappyElk

Jul 29, 2019
With the update is a few balance changes for dungeon loot in general to compensate for ore gen reduction.

Kudos for all the quick updates, DD. I'm interested to see what the loot changes are regarding ore gen, as I have had a few bottlenecks because of the ore reductions. I mentioned before how I couldn't find gold for a while, which kept me from starting Thaumacraft. And in my next world, I couldn't find enough iron to satisfy the early iron armor quest for even longer, which kept all of the other intro quests from opening up. Not the end of the world in either case, but I was edging toward frustration for sure.

On the bright side, I spawned right next to a pirate ship on my current world, and that's been an excellent base so far :)

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
DrasticDemise, I was wondering what your thoughts were on Bibliocraft?

I personally love it for the bookshelves, potion shelves, other random shelves, and the armor stands. <3333 The armor stands are by far my favourite thing ever. And I was wondering if you'd consider adding it. I feel like with the amount of books, potions, and random items floating about, the shelves would be a great way to easily store and display those items. And I personally switch my armor around a lot, depending on what I'm doing. And with all the different gear benefits... geared towards specific mods, it'd be great to have a place to store my witches robes, and mage robes, diamond armor, and thaumaturges robes.

c:

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
DrasticDemise, I was wondering what your thoughts were on Bibliocraft?

I personally love it for the bookshelves, potion shelves, other random shelves, and the armor stands. <3333 The armor stands are by far my favourite thing ever. And I was wondering if you'd consider adding it. I feel like with the amount of books, potions, and random items floating about, the shelves would be a great way to easily store and display those items. And I personally switch my armor around a lot, depending on what I'm doing. And with all the different gear benefits... geared towards specific mods, it'd be great to have a place to store my witches robes, and mage robes, diamond armor, and thaumaturges robes.

c:
As long as it doesn't cause instability or balance issues, it will be in tomorrow. :)

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
As long as it doesn't cause instability or balance issues, it will be in tomorrow. :)
!!!! <33333
Much yay! :3
I'm such a goof when it comes to collecting and displaying my belongings.
I need to be able to see EVERYTHING. Chests are not friend o:
I just end up dumping everything, and I'm an unorganized mess. lol

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
How did you lock your world generation to only a single biome? I would really like to know, thanks. Would be cool if you could link me to a tutorial or something :)
(I'm quite braindead)

Doelloos Verdwaald

Jul 29, 2019
Got to love all the updates! Big thanks DrasticDemise.

After a few big fails I managed to get something going. Collecting aaall the things and taking to the seas seems like the best starting strategy. I found this jack'o'lantern / endportal platform to settle on. Creating little islands with the dirt from my inventory, I felt very Kevin Costner in Waterworld :)

A possible bug: The ring of Chordata stops me from drowning even though I do not have any mana on me. The breath counter goes down but I don't get damaged.
I am very new to Botania though so maybe i missed something.

Also When completing "Study of the dead" in the 'Remembering' branch you get offered 3 quests to get you up to speed on the 3 magic systems. When you complete one the other 2 disappear! This might be on purpose, the rewards are quite nice, but some warning would be needed.

EDIT: Ah I new see that there is a warning in the "Study of the Dead" quest, missed that completely would have expected that in the 3 quests themselves. RTFQ Doelloos;)

Last edited: