[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Theres a belt of flight from runic dungeons, it's rather cheap, just need a nether star, 2 gold ingots, some leather, and 2 feathers.
Rather cheap?! Have you been playing to much with the draconic mod? Anything that requires a nether start cannot be considered cheap....
I am struggling to find a mushroom and you say a nether star is cheap... :p

Any tips to find a mushroom? Seems all mushrooms in the caves got replaced by Shimmering mushrooms from botania :(
Or can I use the shimmering mushrooms to create Earth Runes?

Reactions: RehabOholic

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Its funny (and pointless) how in the first chapter you say us to choose a magic path but then you kinda force us to do all of them... So I need mushrooms to be able to progress in botania. To get mushrooms, I need mutandis. To make mutandis, I need a cauldron, no normal crafting recipe anymore. For the cauldron, I will need an altar...
Probably I could find all this inside a chest but... with infernal mobs and special mobs, I am in no way equipped to get inside a dungeon. This is usually the problem with dungeons, they give us the loot we actually need to to use to explore them, so... we will not go there until we are equipped and after we have proper equipment, we dont need the loot anymore. On this pack, the need to find the artifacts gives a good reason to explore them :)

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
The path quest is meant as a bonus, as the study of the dead line explains. Not to choose one for the entire pack. It is just a jump start into one of the mods and an option to start differently. Like the main post explains, each magic mod serves a unique purpose and achieves different things.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Are you meant to be able to avoid the taint really easily by just going into the ocean? Seems a little odd how taint doesn't spread into there.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Are you meant to be able to avoid the taint really easily by just going into the ocean? Seems a little odd how taint doesn't spread into there.
In the next update Oceans will be a lot more rare. This is also reducing the amount of magical forest biome spawns, only pure nodes will spawn them now.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Update 0.9.0 has been released - General Update

Reached 1000 downloads - I never expected this many downloads in only 11 days - thank you everyone!
  • Added Thaumic Exploration
  • Removed creation of twilight forest portal - It is now found randomly in the world by the Ruin Mod
  • Lowered Dryad Spawn Rate to 1 from 5
  • Reduced Ocean Biomes and Magical Forest Biomes weight.
  • Added Enderman head as a rare loot in a dungeon chest. This is to patch for special mobs (maybe) breaking the enderman head drop rates.
  • Clarified the bonus quest line.
  • Changed seeds to detection from consume. Seemed redundant and punishing.
  • Updated Botania
  • Updated Automagy
  • Updated Twilight Forest
  • Updated Waila
  • Update Holo inventory
  • Updated Iron Chests

I am still working on the Blood Magic quest line - not that I expect many people to be at that point yet.

The next quest lines I am going to tackle will be the Twilight Forest and Aether quest lines. Vote below on which one you would like to see first!
http://strawpoll.me/4192964

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
So for anyone that has gotten real far in Thaumcraft I was wondering a few things. I myself have gotten real far in other packs, but never tried fixing tainted biomes.

1st: In this pack, What are the options to restore a Biome?
2nd: Are any of the option early game?
3rd: Are all options slow, and only cover small areas at a time?
4th: Does any of the option actually get rid of the crusted taint that line the shore lines?
-I had a small play around for about an hour+ and in just that little time that crusted taint was so out of control that was hardly any land mass on the decent size island I decided to call home.

After dieing 14 time in that hour I decided to give up. I wanted to watch this thread for a bit to get some tips as they came in, but that seemed to change. Most people started in the water, but that is being made harder, same with the Twilight Forest. Thanks for the great pack, it is really challenging, and I hope I can get into it. As great as this pack is, its hard for players like me who get very little play time, and they spend more time dieing.lol However I will keep at it. Happy Gaming everyone:)

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
So for anyone that has gotten real far in Thaumcraft I was wondering a few things. I myself have gotten real far in other packs, but never tried fixing tainted biomes.

1st: In this pack, What are the options to restore a Biome?
2nd: Are any of the option early game?
3rd: Are all options slow, and only cover small areas at a time?
4th: Does any of the option actually get rid of the crusted taint that line the shore lines?
-I had a small play around for about an hour+ and in just that little time that crusted taint was so out of control that was hardly any land mass on the decent size island I decided to call home.

After dieing 14 time in that hour I decided to give up. I wanted to watch this thread for a bit to get some tips as they came in, but that seemed to change. Most people started in the water, but that is being made harder, same with the Twilight Forest. Thanks for the great pack, it is really challenging, and I hope I can get into it. As great as this pack is, its hard for players like me who get very little play time, and they spend more time dieing.lol However I will keep at it. Happy Gaming everyone:)

If you want some spoilers, click below:
  1. Ethereal Blooms turn an 8 wide radius back to plains - or pure nodes which can be found in silver wood saplings (that have crafting recipes)'
  2. Creating a silverwood sapling doesn't take that many resources early. Spend your time wisely.
  3. Once you place the bloom, it is really fast. Really really fast. Same with a silverwood tree if you get a pure node in it.
  4. Crusted taint eventually turns into liquid flux which turns into fibrous taint (though on a beach it seems rather slow) or gas flux.
You are given free cobble and ladders - Build in the air and create a farm until you have a stable food source. Don't waste time on world gen to look around, start smacking trees and find a place to camp out for the first night - it is all uphill after the first night.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
If you want some spoilers, click below:
  1. Ethereal Blooms turn an 8 wide radius back to plains - or pure nodes which can be found in silver wood saplings (that have crafting recipes)'
  2. Creating a silverwood sapling doesn't take that many resources early. Spend your time wisely.
  3. Once you place the bloom, it is really fast. Really really fast. Same with a silverwood tree if you get a pure node in it.
  4. Crusted taint eventually turns into liquid flux which turns into fibrous taint (though on a beach it seems rather slow) or gas flux.
You are given free cobble and ladders - Build in the air and create a farm until you have a stable food source. Don't waste time on world gen to look around, start smacking trees and find a place to camp out for the first night - it is all uphill after the first night.

Thank you:) So 8 wide is the biggest options to cure the land? Or is there other things that can do large areas(several chunks) late game?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
The ritual of Gaia from blood magic will change a larger area into whatever biome you want by changing the temperature. Just remember, taint spreads back when it isn't fended off.

HappyElk

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm missing something about how ladders protect an elevated base from taint. The ladders have to be placed on the side of a block, right? And can't the taint crawl up those ladders blocks into your base?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Taint can't occupy a space of a ladder torch or any other similar block. It also can't travel up blocks with liquids on them.

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
Update 0.9.0 has been released - General Update

• Added Enderman head as a rare loot in a dungeon chest. This is to patch for special mobs (maybe) breaking the enderman head drop rates.

Once I updated to 0.8 the AM2 crash in the end stopped happening, I could then go into the Hardcore ender expansion temples (the obsidian ones) and found some Endermen head's placed as blocks in there so it is possible to get them without crafting them, but they don't drop from killing Endermen, I'm about 95% sure of that.

I have just updated to 0.9 and am starting a new world, sounds like it will be more challenging without hiding out in the ocean.

Also, a few tips to others that I have changed in config's to make it more fun/less annoying:
Infernal Mobs - Disabled anything that can steal items, there is nothing worse than working hard on getting an Enchanted TerraBlade and the first mob you fight steals it and it drops into some fire from another mob's fireball and is gone forever. This may have happened to me which may have led to a rage quit and then making this change! To do this turn off the Sticky ability and the Thief Skeleton and the Theif Endermen. I also disable the Life Steal ability as this makes mob's which are almost impossible to kill, maybe there is a way, but I don't know what it is.
Thaumcraft Research - I set to buy instead of using the minigame, though this isnt necessarily easier as everything seems to need Ordo and you can never get enough.
HoloInventory - Set it so you need to use a key to enable, this is awesome as it gets annoying popping up all the time around your base when you know where stuff is, at least when you're organised... which is about half of the time :)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Remember when I complained that mutandis was a little a lot of work to get mushrooms? Looking at the quests now I know why you didnt understood my complain!
Mutandis crafting recipe was removed from witchery. Now, you can only craft it in a cauldron, with an altar and all the usual witchery apparel. Looking at your quest line, seems you are not aware of this detail since you ask us to make mutandis way before the altar quest...

Edit: My only question is... if I need the altar to make mutandis... but the altar needs Rowan wood that can only be obtained with mutandis... How do we solve this?