[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
Hot tip for the runic dungeons. Build a wall in front of the key hole's section, then break 1 block and use the key through your wall. You can then fight off the mob's through the 1 block hole. 2 very basic spells from AM2 help a lot here. Projectile Light can lower spawn rates in the room and Projectile Dig can break mob spawners and both can be fired from behind the safety of your wall. I found runic dungeons to be pretty easy with this setup.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
so, what is your combat setup ? i just entered the runic dungeon and......i got wrecked the second i opened one side of the dungeon.
im wearing diamond armor, some runic baubles and the terrasteel sword and i just couldnt do anything.
whats the way to go combat wise ?
I just flew through with a lantern of paranoia on, then flew out. Wearing full diamond armour with protection 1 on, but most of the mobs ended up killing each other then I just went in and cleared the rest. If you get an ultra infernal mob they can be difficult to deal with though, especially if it is a gatling skeleton or something. EDIT: I also have a dragon backpack, which gives strength 2, regen and fire resist 3 when wearing. I'd really suggest spending the extra dragon egg you get from the end quest on it.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
so.... seems the cooler only works with normal food. It doesnt work with Pams food.
Also, it seems to ignores hunger overhaul and gives full saturation for one piece of food, whatever it is.

Edit: ITs not giving full saturation but its ignoring hunger overhaul nerfs and giving normal food/saturation

Last edited:

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
After going into my first Runic Dungeon, I've made the decision to disable Infernal Mobs. The dungeon is already hard enough without Ghastly 1-Up Bulwark Webber Alchemist Skeletons with 200 health getting in my way.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
After going into my first Runic Dungeon, I've made the decision to disable Infernal Mobs. The dungeon is already hard enough without Ghastly 1-Up Bulwark Webber Alchemist Skeletons with 200 health getting in my way.
This is the usual problem with infernal mobs.... 1st they need to be properly tweaked to not me to common, they are supposed to be rare(also because they can drop good loot), 2nd they can be hard if its only one but if its 2-3 they need to not be so infernal and actually be killable!

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
is there a trick to the lantern of paranoia ? neither was i able to craft it and after i cheated it in it didnt seem to work as well. didnt place any torches.
yes, i activated it.

Last edited:

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
is there a trick to the lantern of paranoia ? neither was i able to craft it and after i cheated it in it didnt seem to work as well. didnt place any torches.
yes, i activated it.
It takes torches from the sojourner's staff. Also it only works when crafted with a fresh staff, not one that has torches in it.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Dig spells from AM2 (or at least ones with Mining Power, don't know about regular ones) can destroy unbreakable runic dungeons blocks.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Dig spells from AM2 (or at least ones with Mining Power, don't know about regular ones) can destroy unbreakable runic dungeons blocks.

Uhh...

I will see if I can black list those blocks. Runic Dungeon blocks must not be flagged as unblockable or AM2 should have picked it up and not allowed Dig to break it. Thank you for your report :)

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Major release coming in the next few days will push Hubris out of beta and into official release. What you can expect
  • Saturation values buffed hard. This was an overlooked config error in Hunger Overhaul that nerfed saturation by 20x.
  • More thaumcraft quests
  • Updated Botania quests
  • More Blood magic
  • Battle Towers Mod
  • Some Aether quests
  • Food growing nerfs to compensate for saturation buffs.
  • Can now find up to 5 harvestcraft foods in a chest. (Up from 1)

Reactions: MrZwij

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Um...
2015-04-26_08.27.10.png

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Its just me still having problems with the step assist from Souljourneys sash?

Also, when I Alt-Tab to another application, if I hover the mouse over minecraft, the client still responds and moves the camera. This isnt supposed to happen... Something is interfering with the mouse...

Duer

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if I'm the only one, but my FTB Launcher isn't showing that Hubris has any versions newer than 0.6.1, any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit: Nevermind, discovered update from finding a way to update the Launcher.

Last edited:

The_Inventor838

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. Is anyone else experiencing large performance decrease when playing Hubris? I can run a busy Infinity client at a cool 40 fps but Hubris seems to really tax my CPU. I think my problem could be the constant taint spread into the ocean causing a million block updates but I'm not completely sure it couldn't be something else. Has anyone found a workaround for this or strategy? Should I move to the middle of an ocean till I don't see any taint?

Really enjoying the mood of this pack btw. GJ : P

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
Major release coming in the next few days will push Hubris out of beta and into official release. What you can expect
  • Saturation values buffed hard. This was an overlooked config error in Hunger Overhaul that nerfed saturation by 20x.
  • More thaumcraft quests
  • Updated Botania quests
  • More Blood magic
  • Battle Towers Mod
  • Some Aether quests
  • Food growing nerfs to compensate for saturation buffs.
  • Can now find up to 5 harvestcraft foods in a chest. (Up from 1)
that pretty much sounds like a new world is advised to be started. do you have an eta ?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
that pretty much sounds like a new world is advised to be started. do you have an eta ?
Not necessarily. Or did you already explored a lot and that means you are at a stage where you can easily move around and can just generate new chuncks or you havent went to far away from the starting point coz of the taint and so any bit of travel will generate new chuncks...

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
It is not needed to restart your world. The only world gen change is battle towers which are very common.

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
well, that sounds good then. i have explored quite a lot, but i should be fine with new chunks then