[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Regrowth is also Botania version 174. Issue was introduced only at version 181 and supposedly fixed at 183....
Just tested version 184 on a empty modded version of minecraft(onyl baubles and botania) and the step assist works correctly. Something else in the pack is causing the conflict with the sash.

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to be a bit of a noob here, but there are some mods in this pack I haven't encountered and Google is failing me. When I started a new world with this pack yesterday, I flew around with Creative flight to get some idea of what things were like before starting a for-keeps world. There were a few things that I don't know what mod they are from or what they're for. They are: platforms on the ocean with end portals on them, floating islands with dungeons on them, and LOTS of underwater ships. Can someone point me in a direction regarding those?

Also, as general advice, are most people starting out by building in the ocean? It appears safe-ish.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to be a bit of a noob here, but there are some mods in this pack I haven't encountered and Google is failing me. When I started a new world with this pack yesterday, I flew around with Creative flight to get some idea of what things were like before starting a for-keeps world. There were a few things that I don't know what mod they are from or what they're for. They are: platforms on the ocean with end portals on them, floating islands with dungeons on them, and LOTS of underwater ships. Can someone point me in a direction regarding those?

Also, as general advice, are most people starting out by building in the ocean? It appears safe-ish.
Floating islands are floating ruins mod, the floating ships and underwater ships are from the ruins mod. Some people start in the ocean and some start in the air.

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
I don't hate how people play the game, if they enjoy it, that is all that matters.

That begs the question, what is your intent as regards getting a base started? Living ON taint seems overly dangerous to me, but maybe I'm just a scaredy cat? (Note: It is a documented fact that I am a scaredy cat.)

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
That begs the question, what is your intent as regards getting a base started? Living ON taint seems overly dangerous to me, but maybe I'm just a scaredy cat? (Note: It is a documented fact that I am a scaredy cat.)
You are given a stack of cobble and twenty ladders the first three minutes of the game, get creative

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of sky platforms, thought I'd show off what I've started on:
2015-04-28_18.02.02.png
Planning on having a tower for each of the major magic mods (AM2 TC4, and Botania) and then a few smaller towers for each of the other main mods (BM, Witchery, and I may make Reliquary double as a trophy room).

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of sky platforms, thought I'd show off what I've started on:
View attachment 18445
Planning on having a tower for each of the major magic mods (AM2 TC4, and Botania) and then a few smaller towers for each of the other main mods (BM, Witchery, and I may make Reliquary double as a trophy room).

Looks really good! Keep the screenshots coming, I love seeing what people are doing.

Reactions: Pudding01

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Also, where does one get vines/lilypads? I ended up cheating them in since I needed them for nature essence, but is there a legit way to make them?

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
I've added a few mods to my instance, I figured it suited the modpack. Would you consider adding them? I've added:
  • Mine and Blade 2: Bullseye, for the dual wielding, cool extra types of weapons and shields;
  • Heart Drop, to make mobs drop hearts that restore your health, which makes the game more action paced, as you are rewarded for killing mobs and can quickly get to the next ones, although I nerfed the default configs quite a bit;
  • Dynamic Sword Skills, which spices up the combat, making it more complex and fun;
  • A few utility mods, not really worth mentioning.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Release 1.0.0 will more than likely come out tomorrow. It was planned to be released today, but my quest book decided to corrupt and crash when I restarted the client - and no amount of backing up would stop it from re-corrupting - so I have lost quest progress for 42 quests and am rewriting the main ones.

Just a sneaky peek at what is to come:
  • Food is more rewarding from dungeons instead of grown(early game atleast. Will be focusing on agricraft and incentive to use lamps of growth)
  • Two more structure mods will populate the overworld
  • Aether Quests
  • More storage options
This will be the final release into a transition out of the beta period. I cannot thank you guys enough, (If you have noticed the wall of fame on the main post yet) posting here really helps me out.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Is the twilight cloak nerfed or what cause it's night and they still see me. As for the runic shielding how is it buffed? Is it just lowered recharge rate or is it increased in its power?

Last edited:

Doelloos Verdwaald

Jul 29, 2019
Also, where does one get vines/lilypads? I ended up cheating them in since I needed them for nature essence, but is there a legit way to make them?
You can convert oak saplings in a mana pool into jungle wood saplings which grow vines when placed as a 2 x 2. It's oak -> birch -> jungle iirc.