[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Doelloos Verdwaald

Jul 29, 2019
Looks really good! Keep the screenshots coming, I love seeing what people are doing.

Still loving the pack! Here is my little island nation. I added extra utilities as dungeon loot only and had some luck with a Sigil, Lasso and Iron spike. Quite happy with the spike above the dark aurum nexus. With a piston I can either get essence or mob drops.

2015-04-29_08.33.25.png

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I just created my first ethereal bloom yesterday, but I ran into a problem.

I used 16 aum flowers for the sano and herba. For the precantatio I used 16 greatwood logs. Finally I used 4 tainted thingies for the vitum. When I threw in the shimmerlead plant, the crucible overflowed and I did not get the bloom.

I ended up cheating one in since I used all the materials, but it doesn't feel right. How is everybody else making their ethereal blooms? Do I need the alchemical construct (which I am working towards now)?

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019

I used 16 aum flowers for the sano and herba. For the precantatio I used 16 greatwood logs. Finally I used 4 tainted thingies for the vitum. When I threw in the shimmerlead plant, the crucible overflowed and I did not get the bloom.

I ended up cheating one in since I used all the materials, but it doesn't feel right. How is everybody else making their ethereal blooms? Do I need the alchemical construct (which I am working towards now)?

You used items that had too many extra aspects. I believe I used milk buckets from Pam's Harvestcraft, leaves, and I don't remember what else, but both of these only have one of each aspect and no extra aspects (1 sano and 1 herba, respectively) which keeps it from overflowing.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Is the twilight cloak nerfed or what cause it's night and they still see me.
The Twilight Cloak only activates when you are in no light whatsoever (moonlight is fine). That means you can't be by any torches or light sources of any sort. Ethereal Blooms affect it as well.

Also keep in mind that even when you're invisible, wearing armour will make it more obvious to mobs that you are there.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019

I waited till I had the construct. Nothing I hate more than guesswork and mess with a crucible. With the construct you can hook the proper essential bottles to it, put in the catalyst, and away you go. . . no muss. . . no fuss.

Of course you have to have a furnace to melt stuff into the different essential. . .

I hated juggling bottles so I get to where I can make a golem with the alchemy skill upgrade, throw stuff in the furnace and the golem puts them into the different bottles for you. . . of course, to get the alchemy upgrade you need the infusion altar.

Doesn't take too long to build the infusion altar if you follow the quest line as some of the rewards help with that.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I am considering changing the node rewards to specific bottled ones with specific aspects. Would you prefer that or the random nodes now?

Reactions: Pudding01

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I am considering changing the node rewards to specific bottled ones with specific aspects. Would you prefer that or the random nodes now?
This, so much!
I havent used a single node you gave me do the chance of 'special nodes' being so high! I already have 3 hunger nodes less then 200 blocks from my base, I dont want to try my luck and get a 4th one on my base!!

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone point me to info on how taint spreads? Googling turns up mostly Thaumcraft 2 info which is not terribly helpful. I've gathered from this thread that it can't occupy the same space as ladders or torches, and I get the whole pure node and ethereal bloom thing as I've played at least that far with Thaumcraft before, but I've always been super careful and not had to really deal with it before. Can it jump across spaces if the biome is Tainted Land? I have two pure nodes sort of near each other... if I build a base in the air and connect the two spots, will I get tainted stuff spawning up there?

Funny thing -- I've always been terrified (see above re scaredy cat) of dealing with a Tainted Lands biome at all and now I'm walking all over one, willy nilly (and dying from time to time but oh well).

Last night I tried building a hobbit hole with the old "can't spread across man-made blocks" thing in my head. That is either no longer true or it needs to be a thicker barrier of man-made blocks. Fortunately, pure nodes had started to spread enough to be visible by then, and I made a new base-home as a little cobble platform directly above one of the pure spots (and encased the node carefully in cobble so I don't accidentally hit it.) I'm not sure how much I can expand it, though, or if I should build vertically until I can get some farms going, hence the questions above.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone point me to info on how taint spreads? Googling turns up mostly Thaumcraft 2 info which is not terribly helpful. I've gathered from this thread that it can't occupy the same space as ladders or torches, and I get the whole pure node and ethereal bloom thing as I've played at least that far with Thaumcraft before, but I've always been super careful and not had to really deal with it before. Can it jump across spaces if the biome is Tainted Land? I have two pure nodes sort of near each other... if I build a base in the air and connect the two spots, will I get tainted stuff spawning up there?

Funny thing -- I've always been terrified (see above re scaredy cat) of dealing with a Tainted Lands biome at all and now I'm walking all over one, willy nilly (and dying from time to time but oh well).

Last night I tried building a hobbit hole with the old "can't spread across man-made blocks" thing in my head. That is either no longer true or it needs to be a thicker barrier of man-made blocks. Fortunately, pure nodes had started to spread enough to be visible by then, and I made a new base-home as a little cobble platform directly above one of the pure spots (and encased the node carefully in cobble so I don't accidentally hit it.) I'm not sure how much I can expand it, though, or if I should build vertically until I can get some farms going, hence the questions above.
It works by biome ID, it gives no cares what is in its way. There is a 1/8000 chance on block update to spread, and it can pass through blocks.

Pure nodes make anything in its radius fine because the biome ID is different so building upwards means you are safe

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
It works by biome ID, it gives no cares what is in its way. There is a 1/8000 chance on block update to spread, and it can pass through blocks.

Pure nodes make anything in its radius fine because the biome ID is different so building upwards means you are safe

So I can make my bridge between pure node areas but I'll have to clean the tainted bits off it from time to time until I can get a better/more permanent solution. Interesting. Thanks.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I am fairly certain there is a limit of the amount of blocks it can pass, if it is above ground you should be fine

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I am fairly certain there is a limit of the amount of blocks it can pass, if it is above ground you should be fine

I built my base above the ground (and some water) with at least 2 air blocks in between. So far my base has not been infected. Just don't place a node down! Because that will turn tainted and start infecting the base.

to get into the base I have a pillar with a 2 block gap to jump in :)

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
I built my base above the ground (and some water) with at least 2 air blocks in between. So far my base has not been infected. Just don't place a node down! Because that will turn tainted and start infecting the base.

to get into the base I have a pillar with a 2 block gap to jump in :)

Pic please! I'm curious now.

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to ask, why not add Thaumic Exploration and Witching Gadgets to the pack? Even Advanced thaumaturgy maybe? Go all aboard the TC train! What u think?

Nazrin

Jul 29, 2019
Release 1.0.0 will more than likely come out tomorrow. It was planned to be released today, but my quest book decided to corrupt and crash when I restarted the client - and no amount of backing up would stop it from re-corrupting - so I have lost quest progress for 42 quests and am rewriting the main ones.

Just a sneaky peek at what is to come:
  • Food is more rewarding from dungeons instead of grown(early game atleast. Will be focusing on agricraft and incentive to use lamps of growth)
  • Two more structure mods will populate the overworld
  • Aether Quests
  • More storage options
This will be the final release into a transition out of the beta period. I cannot thank you guys enough, (If you have noticed the wall of fame on the main post yet) posting here really helps me out.
Will there be Twilight Forest quests as well? And, on that topic, what's with all the zombie dogs in the twilight forest? Is that intentional?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
After some (a lot) of tests adding and removing mods I finally discovered that the sashes are not working due to some incompatibility with Aether.
When this mod is removed, it starts working again.

Maybe Aether is changing some mechanic that forces the sashes to not work.
Vazkii changed the way sashes worked because it was bruteforcing the step height(if I understood correctly the changes). Maybe it only worked before because it was bruteforced....

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to ask, why not add Thaumic Exploration and Witching Gadgets to the pack? Even Advanced thaumaturgy maybe? Go all aboard the TC train! What u think?
I will consider them :)

Will there be Twilight Forest quests as well? And, on that topic, what's with all the zombie dogs in the twilight forest? Is that intentional?

Not in this update but it is on the list to be done. Not sure about all the dogs, I have not got around to balancing the twilight forest.

After some (a lot) of tests adding and removing mods I finally discovered that the sashes are not working due to some incompatibility with Aether.
When this mod is removed, it starts working again.

Maybe Aether is changing some mechanic that forces the sashes to not work.
Vazkii changed the way sashes worked because it was bruteforcing the step height(if I understood correctly the changes). Maybe it only worked before because it was bruteforced....

Alright, thanks. I will see if there is anything I can do to fix it.