[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Winston

Jul 29, 2019
Try running it with the 1291 forge files and the bat files from a previous version and dump the mods and configs of this version into it and see if it runs. I forgot to update the bat files on this forge version

Still getting the same error. And the UpdateChecker mod was giving me a lot of trouble, it was stopping the server at this line "Now reading data segment for mismatching mcversion: Minecraft 1.8" I removed it and the server launches, but then it still tells me its an incompatible server.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Still getting the same error. And the UpdateChecker mod was giving me a lot of trouble, it was stopping the server at this line "Now reading data segment for mismatching mcversion: Minecraft 1.8" I removed it and the server launches, but then it still tells me its an incompatible server.

I forgot to update the HQM version in the server files like a dummy. Try that.

Winston

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot to update the HQM version in the server files like a dummy. Try that.

I tried that, still no dice. What I did notice though, is that it's telling me that "aether{Alpha 1.7.10-1.2]" and "D3Core{1.1.0.18}" are listed as mod rejections when I try to join the server. Going to experiment with those mods in the server files and see what's up. Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if I figure it out.

aaaaa

Jul 29, 2019
I can't load my world after the update. When I try to load my world apears on the launcher "Now reading data segment for mismatching mcversion: Minecraft 1.8" and nothing happens after that. I created a new world and worked

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I can't load my world after the update. When I try to load my world apears on the launcher "Now reading data segment for mismatching mcversion: Minecraft 1.8" and nothing happens after that. I created a new world and worked
Go in to the mods folder and remove update checker and see if it works. There is a problem with that mod right now.

I tried that, still no dice. What I did notice though, is that it's telling me that "aether{Alpha 1.7.10-1.2]" and "D3Core{1.1.0.18}" are listed as mod rejections when I try to join the server. Going to experiment with those mods in the server files and see what's up. Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if I figure it out.

You will have to delete the D3 core and update the aether mod, I forgot those as well. Also try removing the world folder and see if it loads.

Winston

Jul 29, 2019
Go in to the mods folder and remove update checker and see if it works. There is a problem with that mod right now.

You will have to delete the D3 core and update the aether mod, I forgot those as well. Also try removing the world folder and see if it loads.

Yup, just did that as I saw your post. Thanks for your help.

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
I find it strange that the amount of towers in a new world is an issue at all. For one there can be a hundred, but if your just starting out there is no way your going in. If you get to the part where you can survive all the way to the top of one, then the amount shouldn't matter either. Unless your talking about lag then never mind.

Well, it's an aesthetic thing... they're huge and when they're so common, they're in the middle of villages and intersecting other buildings and so on. When I can't turn around without seeing one, it bothers me. And they're more common than every other type of dungeon thing out there. But perhaps it is a personal taste thing. If no one else thinks it's an issue, I'm sure DrasticDemise will keep it as is, and I can modify my config to my preference.

the_shadowmind

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotten at least 30 artifacts dropping from mobs when trying to do the battletower. The artifacts are also causing game crashes occasionally when they drop.

aaaaa

Jul 29, 2019

I removed update checker, tried again with a backup from aromabackup and the last lines of launcher are:

abr 29, 2015 11:34:33 PM climateControl.LockGenLayer lock
INFORMAÇÕES: setting up SubBiomes watching false
abr 29, 2015 11:34:33 PM climateControl.ClimateControl onWorldLoad
INFORMAÇÕES: net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderGenerate@470146a6
INFORMAÇÕES: Desert present
INFORMAÇÕES: MushroomIsland present
[23:34:34] [Thread-21/INFO] [FML]: [Modstats] Stat wasn't reported 'modstats.org

After that the screen frozen at "loading world".

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to double check. . . is it normal for the quest book to get refreshed so that there are no completed quests after a big update?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to double check. . . is it normal for the quest book to get refreshed so that there are no completed quests after a big update?
No this is not usual, but HQM is approaching levels of bugs similar to AM2, and that is saying a lot. My HQM data was not deleted in my test world, try recovering from your Aroma Backup

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I am releasing a hotfix on version 1.0.1 to resolve some silly issues.
  • Backporting forge to 1291
  • Disabled Update Checker - this should stop world gen errors
  • Fixed the server files(hopefully)
  • Increased distance required between two battle towers by twice as much
  • Decreased loot drop rates - collective 20% chance of finding an item off a mob.
Sorry guys!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's an aesthetic thing... they're huge and when they're so common, they're in the middle of villages and intersecting other buildings and so on. When I can't turn around without seeing one, it bothers me. And they're more common than every other type of dungeon thing out there. But perhaps it is a personal taste thing. If no one else thinks it's an issue, I'm sure DrasticDemise will keep it as is, and I can modify my config to my preference.

I can get behind that logic:) I would have to agree with you there. I thought you were saying that was to OP!.lol I guess I will admit that I get overly sensitive when I here someone talk about something being to OP and they want it changed. I am sorry I made that assumption. I didn't think of it being more of an eye sore. Again, I agree with you a hundred percent there. I just updated and haven't started playing yet. I should have played first before opening my big mouth.

Daniel Bennett

Jul 29, 2019
as much as I love artifacts mod, you should REALLY find a way to remove artifcats from mobs, I've gotten really op armour for killing slimes, and on top of that it's dropping like 1 piece every 3-4 mobs

Doelloos Verdwaald

Jul 29, 2019
Loading my v0.91 save with the v1.01 version crashes my game.
It seems to be HardcoreQuesting from the looks of it:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I'm sorry, Dave.

Time: 30-4-15 9:36
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:607)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:513)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:497)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:403)
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:432)
at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_626_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

The full crash log: http://pastebin.com/FZ8ADSQj

The the save has ExtraUtilities, Openblocks and Iron backpacks installed. When I remove the mods I get the warning about blocks to be removed but it still crashes.

Edit: Starting a new world works fine
Edit2: Using the older 4.2.2 version of HQM does not help
Edit3: Ok deleting the HQM data from my save fixes the crash.

Last edited:

Anonimo

Jul 29, 2019
I was saving my 28 levels in the AM2 journal when somehow it bugged and give me tons of xp. Anyone knows how to lose the experience? I feel it's like a bit cheaty and i keep it even when i die.
As everyone is posting their houses i'll upload a screenshot of mine. I am really loving this modpack

Attachments

• 2015-04-29_15.51.58.png
    2015-04-29_15.51.58.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 57

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Although Minecraft does not publicly use ID's anymore it still uses them internally. You can notice that when you remove a mod, the warnings about missing blocks will have ID's in the logs.
Also, sometimes, when mods get updated, you will also see warnings in the console about assigning new id's to blocks, finding old id's to the same blocks and converting them.

Not sure about this, but HQM might use this ID's internally. Since they store the quests in binary format, I cant know how they really store the block/items information. But... its pretty common for HQM to just crash when some mod updates and gets his ID's changed. When opening the world, HQM will try to convert the saved progress to match the new quests with the new blocks and sometimes it just fails. Regrowth had this problem on the 0.7 upgrade. It would try to convert the saved quest progress for hours until it finally failed and crashed.

Couple weeks ago they(HQM devs) teased us with a new format to store the quests and quest progress using JSON and that would probably soulve this problem since they would be forced to use the block names to identify them but... they havent delivered it yet.

The best Drastic might do is advise to reset the quests progress when updating to 1.0

Doelloos Verdwaald

Jul 29, 2019
The best Drastic might do is advise to reset the quests progress when updating to 1.0

Aye restarting isn't too bad. The arcane de-constructor from Ars Magica is great for getting your materials back.

I have also been testing it with the increased dungeon loot to see if anything might be cheaty. Like a pile of diamonds from a horse armor or something but so I've found far nothing exorbitant.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Aye restarting isn't too bad. The arcane de-constructor from Ars Magica is great for getting your materials back.

I have also been testing it with the increased dungeon loot to see if anything might be cheaty. Like a pile of diamonds from a horse armor or something but so I've found far nothing exorbitant.
I was thinking in deleting HQM folder from save, use hqm cheat book to restore progress and delete all rewards but your way might work too

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk