1.7.10 - HQM/Survival - hypovolemia - something bloody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonKalypso

Jul 29, 2019
I've reached an impasse: I can't turn in the quest "Easing Life," as it's not recognizing my having crafted an Ultimate Fluid Tank.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
The best way is to put this on our github, which makes it easier for the team to see.

Also, not sure whether you are using the MyM Launcher, which uses version 0.1.9 right now, or the FTB launcher which is on a really really old version. :D

Btw as I mentioned before, 0.1.9 was uploaded to FTB, but there were some missing mod permissions, so we fixed that and there will be a version 0.2.0 coming soon.

Krakel

Jul 29, 2019
I am waiting for a update of the quest book. The last changes we got 2 months ago! The big issue for fixes on the quest book was from August 14th.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah quest book issues, always the same problem. Sometimes fixed bugs appear again out of nowhere. :D

We also had some issues on the server which worked perfectly in singleplayer.

Besides from the bugs, do you guys like the way the quest book is set up? Over the last weeks I have been thinking whether a bit more cohesive (I hope that is the right word, I am no native speaker) version would be a better way than the current version, which basically goes a bit into each mod per chapter. But then again that is a lot of work and multiple people working on the questbook is a pain in the butt since it stores its data in a binary format instead of some format, where changes can be easily seen in github. (No idea whether newer HQM versions for 1.10.2 or whatever changed that)

nuker22110

Jul 29, 2019
am using the mym launcher too. The quest for the wooden splinters is bugged.onne thing i feel you have to mention is that blood orbs dont get used in crafting. i never tried blood magic before, and made 8 blood orbs for the rune to upgrade the altar.

Krakel

Jul 29, 2019
I designed a complete offline version of a quest book editor for our own project. It's can read/write the hqm files and use a single file json export function (or separation structure from text). Some days ago I added the ability to read/write the new 1.10 hqm files (other json)(not complete tested). I created it for my own use.
26888662hs.jpg

If you are interested in my tool, pm my. I am thinking about to public the source on my github account.

Last edited:
Reactions: profrags

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
That is pretty cool. As far as I know HQM 1.7.10 can export to JSON, but it doesn't actually read from JSON, it still uses that stupid quests.hqm file, but I might be wrong here.

Think we had an issue at some point where someone uploaded the quest.hqm file and someone else was working on an older version and added his stuff, so the changes from guy 1 got reverted. But of course that isn't easy to see if it is in a binary form.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
That is pretty cool. As far as I know HQM 1.7.10 can export to JSON, but it doesn't actually read from JSON, it still uses that stupid quests.hqm file, but I might be wrong here.

Think we had an issue at some point where someone uploaded the quest.hqm file and someone else was working on an older version and added his stuff, so the changes from guy 1 got reverted. But of course that isn't easy to see if it is in a binary form.

I am glad you guys are keeping the .json file on the github. I keep an eye on it to see what is ahead :)

DonKalypso

Jul 29, 2019
In attempting to make use of the .2.0 version of the pack on FTB, it started right up and seems to be treating the 0.0.2 as the latest version.

A question in regards to the new version: Can I import my MyM world, quests and all, to the newest FTB version, or will I need to do everything again?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
In attempting to make use of the .2.0 version of the pack on FTB, it started right up and seems to be treating the 0.0.2 as the latest version.

A question in regards to the new version: Can I import my MyM world, quests and all, to the newest FTB version, or will I need to do everything again?

I did the reverse some time ago, from FTB to the 0.1.7 github release which went fine and a lot of quests were changed. I think I used the OP quest book to make sure I had the same progress.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know whether FTB updated yet, but the changes from the last FTB version (which was pushed like 10 months ago) and the one since the new team took over in the middle of the year (think that was 0.1.0) are quite large, so a questbook reset is more than recommended. A lot of quests are detection quests and give a lot of stuff (which you can void or not, whatever you want), so that isn't that bad.

Worldgen-wise the new updates are done in a way that you should be able to continue on your old world. Better make a safety copy anyway.

DonKalypso

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions on how to obtain Molten Iron? The Induction Crucible gives Liquid Iron which apparently isn't what the gods desire.

DonKalypso

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, okay.

For clarification my issue with needing Molten Iron is on the MyM launcher.

Edit: Just did a fresh install over on FTB, and the Molten Iron requirement for "Iron For Days" seems to be there as well.

Last edited:

DonKalypso

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have a decent RF setup going on they'd like to share? My waterwheels aren't really cutting it currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.