1.7.10 - HQM/Survival - hypovolemia - something bloody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LichPotato

This is a great pack, but I'm running into a pretty serious issue: I need a metallurgic infuser for pretty much everything, but I need osmium for said infuser, but to get osmium, I need steel, for which I need the metallurgic infuser. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

DonKalypso

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great pack, but I'm running into a pretty serious issue: I need a metallurgic infuser for pretty much everything, but I need osmium for said infuser, but to get osmium, I need steel, for which I need the metallurgic infuser. Am I missing something?

In Hypovolemia it is worth your time to occasionally, when you think you've hit a roadblock, try some of the other quests. You'll often find the resources you need are granted by performing other activities.

L

LichPotato

Oh. I probably should've looked through quest rewards before posting. Thanks!

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Ardite seeds?

I remember ardite seeds being a quest reward for one of the collection quests. Since updating to the github releases (0.1.7 I think) I can no longer earn ardite seeds.

I downloaded the sources from the github and there is no mention of ardite in any of the quest .json files.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
The newest release is 0.1.9, but as far as I remember we did not add back ardite (and probably cobalt), since there is no real use for that. But I might have to check that.

Krakel

Jul 29, 2019
I love this modpack. But, can anyone tell how I can finish the last two questlines.
I created big seed farmes and plan to increase the yield by:
  • Thaumcraft with Lamp of Growth
  • Multi Sprinkler (very laggy)
  • Growth Pulser (very low effect)
  • Mekanism x5 (very slow)
I dont know other methods.

The other fun breaker was the last questline. You have to kill 100 Enderdragons to get 100 Hearts and the questbook consume all these! The 1000 Pride Shards will also be very hard. 1000 Gaia Spirits. 1000 Chaos Shards!? Who has always finieshed these quests and how?

Last edited:

Krakel

Jul 29, 2019
@Keldin42
You can fix the Gaia boss with the Ritual of Containment of Blood Magic (Magicales - Gives Planar Binding to all mobs in range). You need many of these alchemical element, but its works most of the time of the fight.

@SilverDk
You need a huge stack to get a usable effect! I didn't test these possibilities. I wish to see a video or some picture how its works with this modpack.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
We were discussing to reduce the number of metals that you need to make those singularities, but haven't come to a conclusion yet.
If you think that some of those endgame items are to expensive, we are happy to get some ideas of how to change them. Especially since those massive farms are probably very lag-intensive.

About the Gaia: There are several "cheesy" way to easily kill him. First of all picking him up with a safari net and placing him back down seems to bind him to his position. He still does all his unpleasant stuff to the player, including spawning all those mobs.
An even easier way is summoning him and quickly running back to a specific distance (which I cant remember, about 10 blocks). He will spawn and stay at his position, since he can't see you. Now just stand at your spot and left-click the heck out of him with your terrablade. He won't do anything and after some minutes and some pain in your click finger he will be gone. As far as I know that is a "feature" known to Vazkii, but he hasn't bothered to fix it, so I guess it is ok to use it.

Still takes some time to get those 1000 gaia spirits.
Please let us know if some of the quests are too ridiculous or expensive.

Something else: Currently the latest update is reviewed to be on the FTB launcher, but there is a little holdup since we missed to get the written permission for one mod, but this will be fixed soon.

nuker22110

Jul 29, 2019
the latest update to be pushed to the FTB launcher is the same as the one currently on the mym launcher? will the saves be transferrable?

Krakel

Jul 29, 2019
I realized all magic crops works over ticks. So you can combine them or use only one. Some of these produce additional particle effects, other not. I will select the lasts. The Lamp of Growth need resources. The Growth Pulsar don't, but need many material to create them. I think the Growth Pulsar will be the best choice for fine tuning the growth rate.
Also the last step will be the Mekanism x5 path. The big problem here was the Brine production and the first ore washing step. Oh no, I need many more energy!!!

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Basically IE was added to provide a power source that gives a bit more output than those magical dynamos (blood, hippie etc), but if you have ideas about something that has a little more production (and please don't say Big Reactors), feel free to suggest it.

Krakel

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I was testing the effect of Growth Pulsar, Sprinkler and Lamp of Growth with iron seeds 10:10:10.
26883432jr.jpg

The results over 20min yield per seed:
  • blank seed - 12 Essences
  • each Pulsar - increase bei 50%
  • Sprinkler - increase bei 200% - same as 4 Pulsar
  • Lamp - increase bei 400% - same as 8 Pulsar
  • Fertile Soil - no effect
I got no visible lagging on my test. My computer was to fast!

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
It's hard to tell from your screenshot, but did you try all 3 speed ups together? You may see an ever bigger jump. I remember blood magics Sigil of the green grove stacking with the extra utilities watering can

nuker22110

Jul 29, 2019
mym launcher quest to use wooden splinters to make planks bugged. it asks for bedrock, and and returns 'invalid item' as reward

Status
Not open for further replies.