[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Not to be a bother, but minecraft has not been out for 8 years yet.
:) ooo thats true :). I moved from my country to Ireland in 2006 and bought pc next year after that. I was pretty SURE I ve been playing MC from that year :). Yeah... I was wrong. When I started play this game there was not official release yet. But anyway it looks like I am addicted to this game :).

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
You could just use a bucket of lava and a block of wood to light the Nether portal.
Yes I know that, I tried few times in the past, but didnt work well for me :) the next idea is firecharges, but I prefered to save them for later. I ended up making flint&steel requaired for the quest and shortly after digging in the Nether I found my sulfur vein. So far I am really lucky with ore gen in my world. The one thing I still cannot find is water garden from Pams.

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If this works it's a really funny idea i never tried.

It works great. To make it work quickest in my experience put a block of wood in front of the portal, put the lava one block over and down so it flows underneath the wood, then place dirt block on every other face of the wood block except the side where the portal forms so that if it does catch on fire it does so on that face. Fire in the portal space lights the portal.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Yes I know that, I tried few times in the past, but didnt work well for me :) the next idea is firecharges, but I prefered to save them for later. I ended up making flint&steel requaired for the quest and shortly after digging in the Nether I found my sulfur vein. So far I am really lucky with ore gen in my world. The one thing I still cannot find is water garden from Pams.
Water Gardens have a crafting recipes because we don't have ocean biomes.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
It works great. To make it work quickest in my experience put a block of wood in front of the portal, put the lava one block over and down so it flows underneath the wood, then place dirt block on every other face of the wood block except the side where the portal forms so that if it does catch on fire it does so on that face. Fire in the portal space lights the portal.
Good to know if you jailed in the Nether.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
So, i think the ore gen spreadsheet has some inconsistencies. I found 8 iron veins in the twilight forest when it says they cannot spawn there. Also is nickel there? Or am i just unlucky?

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
It have a Thaumcraft recipe. Open the Thaumcraft book at GTNH page and research it. Same for brewing stand and Ender Tanks and Chests.

Hmmm... I did not expect, that something can still me surprise. Again I was wrong. It is really interesting and impressive aspect of this modpack. And how well and deep is everything tied to GT. I am so glad I found this modpack and I can enjoy playing this.
I cannot research Ench.Table yet, so I think I have to reconcile I ll loose my 45lvl at some point before I ll be able to make my enchanting room.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... I did not expect, that something can still me surprise. Again I was wrong. It is really interesting and impressive aspect of this modpack. And how well and deep is everything tied to GT. I am so glad I found this modpack and I can enjoy playing this.
I cannot research Ench.Table yet, so I think I have to reconcile I ll loose my 45lvl at some point before I ll be able to make my enchanting room.

Are the open blocks tanks/grates available to you yet? You can store xp with them.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Are the open blocks tanks/grates available to you yet? You can store xp with them.

It could be great idea. I can make XP drain, but I dont see any OpenBlock's tanks in NEI. Are those drains will work with Buildcraft tanks as well?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe DreamMaster disabled the tanks, but they are hard to see in NEI. Usually, they are 4 obsidian in the corners and 5 glass panes in a cross ...

OPO
PPP
OPO

I don't think the BC tanks would work but you could try, I suppose, just in case.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, the recipe doesn't work. It must be disabled. The life cannot be too easy here. Thanks for trying to help anyway :). I ll try to survive until I ll get into Thaumcraft reaserch.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best source of charcoal in this modpack? I am at LV stage and I am permanent short with charcoal. I am running 3 coke ovens, trying to find use for overflow of creosote. Mostly as fuel for furnaces and torches. But still I quicker run out charcoal than I can use creosote. I would not like to waste that and any bigger storage options at the moment are too expensive. Do I missing something?