[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Did a few runs with the EBF. Time to come up with a better power source so I can run it full time. Guess tree farm into charcoal/ethanol into large boiler/diesel gen is the next logical step.

Last time I did this I used Thaumcraft tree farms and a ludicrous number of coke ovens.

Biogas from ic2 is a MV/HV alternative engery source.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like oil has changed a lot since the last time I used diesels. Used to be able to do that LV-era, looks like I need the Distillation Tower multiblock and MV now?

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Would it be advisable to make multiple coal boilers? Since one isnt enough to consistently run the alloy smelter. Also is finding veins in the Twilight Forest easier or harder? I dug down in 12 spots and only found one iron vein. Edit: I found a couple more iron veins, and a sapphire and some shards. Still need Silver though for that solar boiler :l Sorry for all the edits, but when do i get to process my redstone? i cant smelt it so i dont know how to get it, and NEI just shows machines i do not have.
Sure you need more than one Coal Boiler. Make same steel boiler because more efficient or you can do later Large Boilers. This one needs a lot of coal/charcoal.
This article on my Forum page explains very well how to mine Gregtech ore veins. http://forum.gtnewhorizons.com/showthread.php?tid=271
Dirty Redstone dust can be thrown in a water filled cauldron to clean it up. Not need a machine for it. Yes

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Looks like oil has changed a lot since the last time I used diesels. Used to be able to do that LV-era, looks like I need the Distillation Tower multiblock and MV now?
Diesel is made from light and heavy fuel in a mixer. both of which can be made through a number of processes. So is LV/MV available and the multiblock is not needed.

Last edited:

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I finally completed tier 0.5, it took me ages because I couldnt find copper vein :), but digging so many chunks I found every other veins at least, including two tin(casserite) veins.
But the reason I log in, is I d like to add my 2cents about two other mod mentined above. Botania and witching gadgets.
In my opinion Botania is very OP mod and I am not sure it suit to this modpack, and even if it should be locked as very late game tier.
I agree that witching gadgets should be included in this modpack. First, its locked behind Thaumcraft tier anyway and require a lot of work to be useful and second is more important. I like realistic terrain generation, but there is a little problem with bees biomes. Witching gadgets gives you chance to create every bees habitation in a small areas ( at really adequate cost).

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Hi everyone, I finally completed tier 0.5, it took me ages because I couldnt find copper vein :), but digging so many chunks I found every other veins at least, including two tin(casserite) veins.
But the reason I log in, is I d like to add my 2cents about two other mod mentined above. Botania and witching gadgets.
In my opinion Botania is very OP mod and I am not sure it suit to this modpack, and even if it should be locked as very late game tier.
I agree that witching gadgets should be included in this modpack. First, its locked behind Thaumcraft tier anyway and require a lot of work to be useful and second is more important. I like realistic terrain generation, but there is a little problem with bees biomes. Witching gadgets gives you chance to create every bees habitation in a small areas ( at really adequate cost).

Botania is planned but witching Gadgets are get more errors and crash in the pack then it is helpful. You can change Biomes with Witchery too.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Is it giving you charcoal or something else? Charcoal is not a bad thing.

You don't get charcoal by smelting wood in GT, so no, no charcoal. Be nice if iguanatweaks would let you throw a weapon in the smeltery to recover the metals.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't mind, could you move the tank quest in tier 1 after the macerator? I think you need the macerator to make them, and I got confused until i realized that.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, can anyone tell me what is purpose for coins and extra hearts awarded from quests. Is there any use for them?

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Hi, can anyone tell me what is purpose for coins and extra hearts awarded from quests. Is there any use for them?
Some Technician coins are use in open Quest Lines . The Wizard Coins not have any use but it will soon (maybe get some loot bags in exchange)

The Hearts can be made with some canisters to Ticon Heart Canisters to get you more permanent life points.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
TY for quick response. I built my first bronze multiblock to get steel. Now I badly need sulfur (for rubber ingots) which spawn in the Nether. Should I make flint&steel or it is one of the reward after finishing quest. I did most of the quest in tier 1 excluding those required steel.

Nevermind... I just got my first 8 steel ingots and I have got an answer....

Last edited:

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I look for a GregTech pack and I've found your's and Infitech.

Nice music for the main menu and I love Realistic World Generation + Biome O'Plenty.

I know absolutly nothing about GregTech is your modpack made for people like me ?

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
I look for a GregTech pack and I've found your's and Infitech.

Nice music for the main menu and I love Realistic World Generation + Biome O'Plenty.

I know absolutly nothing about GregTech is your modpack made for people like me ?
I am only one of people who play this modpack and I am absolutelly love it. I am playing moded minecraft constantly for last 8 years. Mostly I choose big and challenging modpacks. This is one of them. This is long time project, especially with Gregtech and Galacticraft. It is not easy modpack but by that gives you a lot fun. The quest book leads you through gregtech tech progression very well, so you dont need to know too much about this mod. As far as I know this modpack is developed for quite long time already and that means, it is buggy&laggy free almost ;). Actually, I did not experience any of those. Works really smoothly.
If you like challenges and rewards, long time projects and you are not afraid to die, YES it is modpack for you :). Good luck :)

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
I am only one of people who play this modpack and I am absolutelly love it. I am playing moded minecraft constantly for last 8 years. Mostly I choose big and challenging modpacks. This is one of them. This is long time project, especially with Gregtech and Galacticraft. It is not easy modpack but by that gives you a lot fun. The quest book leads you through gregtech tech progression very well, so you dont need to know too much about this mod. As far as I know this modpack is developed for quite long time already and that means, it is buggy&laggy free almost ;). Actually, I did not experience any of those. Works really smoothly.
If you like challenges and rewards, long time projects and you are not afraid to die, YES it is modpack for you :). Good luck :)
Not to be a bother, but minecraft has not been out for 8 years yet.