[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
T

TheLunarHydra

Dezil's Marshmallow.... huh?

Question: Any way to manually add modifiers to a tool? Not getting modifier slots for levelling up. Only getting pre-applied modifiers.

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Eventually you ll get them. I ve got them on all Tico tools with lvl obove 5. On pick lvl 16 I ve got 3 extra modifiers.

Yeah... Dezils marshmallow... after you ll find them, save them for tough time ;)

T

TheLunarHydra

Ah, ok. Didn't realize it took THAT long.
On a positiven ote, began excavating space for my new base... since I don't have any space in my cramped little hole (3x3 with coke oven in wall, chests, furnace, crafting bench, underground TiCo area with small farm outside)

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, you ll need A LOT space, I said A LOT :). And keep in mind pollution (I didnt know, and had to reorganize all the stuff). BBF's are the worst. I keep them in separate chunk which is not on my way if I go anywhere.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
what does pollution do ? ;) and which mod is applying it?

So far I ve experienced debuffs caused by BBF's. I ve got 3 in one chunk and they are running constantly. Its not that bad. I think next machines which can make pollution are EBF and steam boilers (multiblocks). Giving them highier tiers mufflers reduce chance of pollution.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm.... NEI shows, that smelting aluminium dust in EBF cost 204k EU and 144kEU with Nitrogen. In fact it consume 192.140EU and 192.790EU !! with Nitrogen in it. I get lost. Anyone could explain me what I am doing wrong.

T

TheLunarHydra

Pictures:
2016-12-23_17.35.06.png
Berry bush army!
2016-12-23_17.59.46.png
I'd say this is a glitch.. right? Creative mode to take the shot of this. SOO many oil wells around
2016-12-23_19.08.40.png

Agriculture has recently been blooming in my region!

Last edited:

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Pictures:
View attachment 31147 Berry bush army!
View attachment 31149I'd say this is a glitch.. right? Creative mode to take the shot of this. SOO many oil wells around
Wooow..... thats real oil Eldorado, some day (not soon anyway) you ll say big thank you to terrain generation engine ;). From my world it looks like some biomes are overloaded with oil wells, but for sure I m not gonna complain :).

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
I am using RWG, and have to say the landscape is stunning.
Always before I start to play any modpack I create 3-5 worlds to choose the best looking and starting landscapes/biomes. Playing large modpacks takes a long time, so I like spending this time in nice surround.
This time choice was very difficult.
Almost all worlds I ve created were beatifull.

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
How do we get Witchery seeds for the Anointing Paste? I'm on an older version in case something changed.

T

Tirec

Hmmm.... NEI shows, that smelting aluminium dust in EBF cost 204k EU and 144kEU with Nitrogen. In fact it consume 192.140EU and 192.790EU !! with Nitrogen in it. I get lost. Anyone could explain me what I am doing wrong.

I wanted to run my EBF from 4 lv diesel gens directly connected to the input hatches, but it didn't work. So I did some testing in creative after reading the relevant wiki page. Every eu outputting GT block has some loss depending on tier, it's 4 eu/t/amp for LV in this pack, including generators (wiki says 2 eu/t but that's wrong). I'm gonna assume you made a battery buffer and checked the batteries after 1 smelting. The minimum energy needed with 2 tin cables and a 4 times buffer is 170400 eu / operation. 60 (seconds) *20 (ticks) * 142 (eu/t needed =120 recipe cost + 4*4 block output loss + 2*1+2*2 cable loss). I don't know your setup but cable loss adds up quickly, 6 cables mean 22eu/t loss and a 189600 eu total cost.

Reactions: novarek

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to run my EBF from 4 lv diesel gens directly connected to the input hatches, but it didn't work. So I did some testing in creative after reading the relevant wiki page. Every eu outputting GT block has some loss depending on tier, it's 4 eu/t/amp for LV in this pack, including generators (wiki says 2 eu/t but that's wrong). I'm gonna assume you made a battery buffer and checked the batteries after 1 smelting. The minimum energy needed with 2 tin cables and a 4 times buffer is 170400 eu / operation. 60 (seconds) *20 (ticks) * 142 (eu/t needed =120 recipe cost + 4*4 block output loss + 2*1+2*2 cable loss). I don't know your setup but cable loss adds up quickly, 6 cables mean 22eu/t loss and a 189600 eu total cost.

You are right, I totally forgot about energy loss mechanic. Thanks for that.
So that explain differences between NEI and real usage. What about Nitrogen ? Smelting aluminium with Nitrogen should bring down usage and time of operation, but it didnt. And actually did not consume Nitrogen either.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
How do we get Witchery seeds for the Anointing Paste? I'm on an older version in case something changed.
I am not sure, but I think you ll get them as reward after completing Quest.
When you check recipe for Witchery seeds you ll see them as reward one of the quests.

P

Parmenides

are the levels for Resdstone Ore with 5 - 40 confirmed ? I am searching for 4 hours at lvl 15 now ;)