[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure never Build an Rc oven. Best is to try it in creative start a new game for it. Report me if it work or not. Thanks
Ok, tested it. The answer is: NO, it doesnt smelt wood into charcoal. Of course ;).
But I am gonna build one anyway. It looks like it is very fast and efficient furnace. And combining it with steam solar boilers gonna be cheap and eco in use.

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Ok, I ll test this in creative just for sake of science.
At the moment I found out, charcoal pile igniter and builders wand are the best duet to create large amounts charcoal :). That quest with compressed charcoal still holds me on progression into next stages, but it my choice ;). Those lootbags are so tempting. And actually, this is the reason I made all the machine upgrades in the steam chapter.

Now, where I can find Mica ore? I ve checked ore generation spreadsheet and couldnt see there. Also, NEI doesnt show of which ore it can be byproduct
Mica and Asbestos can be found in the overworld.

T

TheLunarHydra

Just got the iron pick head. Had some wood smelting in my Coke Oven previously, so now... reading up on mining, then getting torches and headin' out!

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for testing.

:) you're welcome, no prob at all.

Is there any specific height at which Mica ore is spawn? Can I get it as byproduct of something else? I have trouble to find this ore. I remember, I posted about hardship to find coper ore and now I ended up with 6 veins quite close to my base. Hmm its gona be the same with mica ore probably... just keep digging man ;)

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
:) you're welcome, no prob at all.

Is there any specific height at which Mica ore is spawn? Can I get it as byproduct of something else? I have trouble to find this ore. I remember, I posted about hardship to find coper ore and now I ended up with 6 veins quite close to my base. Hmm its gona be the same with mica ore probably... just keep digging man ;)
Try this link. You can see where every ore spawns. Dim hight etc.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet.../edit?ts=560cfd26&pref=2&pli=1#gid=1348574161

Reactions: novarek
T

TheLunarHydra

Forums on site are now borked, jsyk. I do remember that the mining strategy is one 2x2 shaft in every 48x48 (or 3x3 chunk area) correct?

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
I found out that the best (for me)is 2×2 shaft every fourth chunk. I mean , I dig in first chunk then I skip two and dig again in fourth. So far, it is most efficient and quickest way to find veins in my world. But as Pyure said you must to find the first any vein and then follow the pattern.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Oh boy... that quest with compressed charcoal... kills me. I ended up with 6 triple compressed blocks and I give up (temporary of course, until I get Adv.Coke Oven). So its mean EBF time!
At the moment I am running it with 4 basic turbines and huge backup batteries but its let me smelt only 9 aluminium ingots in one go then break to recharge batteries.
Does anyone know how many more turbines I must to add to allow continuous work of EBF. And, actually I m thinking about another one EBF with shared wall. So do I need, in this case, feed exactly double power for EBFs or there is any bonus which let me save some EU?

Edit: I change my mind. I ve check recipe for Adv.Steam Turbine and they are not too expensive, so I m gonna use them instead. Just any tip, how many them I need to steady supply my EBF, will be much appreciated.

Edit 2: I ve got MV energy hatch in EBF and 4 slots MV Bat.Buffer sticked to it. I know machines can handle up to 2Amp safely, but I d like to fill up all the slots in the Buffer. Will MV hatch handle 4Amps or gonna be disaster?

Last edited:
T

TheLunarHydra

Advanced Coke Oven? Do you mean Pyrolose Oven? Tell your secrets!

On a more serious note, got 10 stacks of clay! Coke Oven array incoming

EDIT: never mind, thought adv. coke oven was RC blast furnace

T

TheLunarHydra

2016-12-21_17.58.25.png

LOTS of exploring completed. Near the bottom there is a lusher area. It's from an older map. You can see where I found a ton of magnetite and lignite. Got 3 stacks of lignite and half a stack of magnetite before my pick broke. Now, I can start SERIOUSLY mining!

- bye coal coke ovens never liked you anyways, lol (until machines atleast)
- now to find tin... bronze age incoming

EDIT: Now at a roadblock. What do I do with my 32 buckets of Creosote Oil stockpiling in my coke oven? I know fuel, torches, etc but any practical uses? I also know for generators to generate power, but i'm not bronze age guy yet (just need copper and a bit more tin)

Last edited:
Reactions: novarek

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Near the bottom there is a lusher area. It's from an older map. You can see where I found a ton of magnetite and lignite. Got 3 stacks of lignite and half a stack of magnetite before my pick broke. Now, I can start SERIOUSLY mining!View attachment 31074

You dont need go to far to find all the veins :) They are generated quite often. Maybe exluding Mica ore ;)

Attachments

• 2016-12-21_23.16.47.png
    2016-12-21_23.16.47.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
T

TheLunarHydra

I know, but I was exploring to map out territory and found huge mountain. Saw brown stuff on the cliff faces. Climbed up to see it was Lignite. Traveled a bit further up and saw black ore, thinking it was coal. Go up close and see magnetite. Ore situation looking good

Calling it a night on my GTNH world. Got around 15-20 stacks of Lignite Coal ore, 2-3 stacks of Magnetite/iron, and a tiny bit of zinc/copper/tin dust. Also leveled my pick up 3 times. Not bad!

Last edited:

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Haha... I had the same problem with overflow creosote at that stage :), now... having only two diesel generstors I am permanently short with it. I ve got only 4 coke ovens+ 2 dies.generators just for most basic lv machines(bending,wiremil, polarizer, lathe and assembling machine to make only torches). Those generators are great cause quickly produce EU in large amount, but they suck creosote like no tomorrow.

T

TheLunarHydra

Ok, thanks for the tip. Was considering mass-producing Coke Ovens and then charcoal for mass producing Creosote Oil/Charcoal for power.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Since I managed to defeat Naga, I was scratching my head, how on the Earth win a battle with the Lich, to get greatwood wand...
It is easy, just before the fight get to eat Dezil's Marshmallow.
Expecting nothing unusual I ate one today, and..... :) that was rather wierd experience.