[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

T

TheLunarHydra

Ok. I'll try to forget about mining, but when I tried doing the 64 cobble quest I hit a medium-sized vein of tin sand. So now I have 2 stacks of Tin.

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL
T

TheLunarHydra

Currently working on Coke Oven. Was looking at how to make a Knife and thought, "seriously, need a file and hammer?" Scrolls to back of recipes, sees 1 flint 1 stick.

EDIT: Currently on Clay Bucket crafting stage. After that I can start making paper for basic TiC later on and Brick Form now.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, NEI and finding recipes is sometimes very challenging here (actually all the modpacks with Gregtech).
I cant forgot how I was stuck with making glass... I couldn figure out until I watched Scarhoof's lets play. There are few recipes on the way which might be tricky. But again Quest Book comes to rescue often.
He did really good job with quests progression.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Currently working on Coke Oven. Was looking at how to make a Knife and thought, "seriously, need a file and hammer?" Scrolls to back of recipes, sees 1 flint 1 stick.

EDIT: Currently on Clay Bucket crafting stage. After that I can start making paper for basic TiC later on and Brick Form now.
You can make a flint knife with a flint and a stick not need a hammer. Some times nei not shows the easiest/best recipe on page one.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
If assembling machine recipe require 40 EU to make an item, is it mean it can be done only in MV (128V) assembler? Or there is any work around to make this item in LV?

T

TheLunarHydra

You can make a flint knife with a flint and a stick not need a hammer. Some times nei not shows the easiest/best recipe on page one.

Sorry if I wasn't all too clear. I meant that I thought you did need a file and hammer, then I found the Flint and Stick = Knife recipe.

And, oh yeah, just got myself a Clay Bucket! Coke Oven here I come!
Now, got Brick Mold, producing the 104 required bricks for coke oven... have ample clay (3 stacks) but no sand left...
OMG THE COKE OVEN IS COMPLETE... finally!
Went outside to get berry bushes to complete berries quest. SpecialMobs Splitting Creeper jumps off my dirt shack roof. I panic and run into a nearby river, go peaceful so that it doesn't go ahead and have a nice day by blowing up my place, and then go remove SpecialMobs/InfernalMobs.

I'm not ready to have a relaxing time outside to see 5 hours of work get blown up by some overpowered creeper.

EDIT #4272672: Got Epic Bacon. Along with that, I have a ton of Pam's crops. Soft Mallet + Fruits = Hunger No More!

Last edited:

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, coke oven is a milestone. Congrats.
Keep in mind, creosote is great source of torches and super fuel in furnace.
And about OP mobs... I can bet you ll miss them ;).

Edit 1. And btw they are op, but they drop good items too.

Last edited:

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
If it use 40 Eu/t it is a mv recipe. You need to make some alu in the ebf and get the machine for it. It is not possible with a lv machine.

Oh ok, thanks. I ve got already ebf and large bronze boiler to power it but still lack of fuel to feed lbb, because all available charcoal I am compressing for Charcoal Quest. Those 20 lootbags are so tempt I cant resist ;) . I hoped, there is any trick to make this in LV machine, but of course not. Hardship first :).

I found yesterday in the chest under greatwood tree Adventure backpack -bat.
I think this item too OP and should not be available as loot. One of my goals was getting up and runninig brewing stand to defeat darkness with potions, but now... having that backpack I dont see a reason.
One of the aspects I really like here, is requirement of making various potions to survive in the battle or other vanilla minecraft stuff (horses).
There are no needs for potions in most modpacks or having a horse because you ll getting to quick to point when you dont need to bother about them.

T

TheLunarHydra

Oh, I just so happen to live in the worst place ever to find animals. I live in a red-themed shrubland next to a river, some sort of plains with trees (don't remember what it's called), and a Coniferous Forest. After finding my first two pigs, had to travel a good 500 blocks away to discover some more. So that's why I have to stick to cotton atm, until i have some wheat to lure mobs into pens.

Oh, and also, I need string. Not wool, lol

Last edited:

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I just so happen to live in the worst place ever to find animals. I live in a red-themed shrubland next to a river, some sort of plains with trees (don't remember what it's called), and a Coniferous Forest. After finding my first two pigs, had to travel a good 500 blocks away to discover some more. So that's why I have to stick to cotton atm, until i have some wheat to lure mobs into pens.

Oh, and also, I need string. Not wool, lol
I was lucky with my spawn point. Just next to fully walled Witchery village. After I ve got enough torches I light up all the internal area andturn this up into my Kingdom. It was best decision ever :). I ve got a lot of space and feel safe here.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Oh ok, thanks. I ve got already ebf and large bronze boiler to power it but still lack of fuel to feed lbb, because all available charcoal I am compressing for Charcoal Quest. Those 20 lootbags are so tempt I cant resist ;) . I hoped, there is any trick to make this in LV machine, but of course not. Hardship first :).

I found yesterday in the chest under greatwood tree Adventure backpack -bat.
I think this item too OP and should not be available as loot. One of my goals was getting up and runninig brewing stand to defeat darkness with potions, but now... having that backpack I dont see a reason.
One of the aspects I really like here, is requirement of making various potions to survive in the battle or other vanilla minecraft stuff (horses).
There are no needs for potions in most modpacks or having a horse because you ll getting to quick to point when you dont need to bother about them.
Yes the bat backpack is op. Will see if there is a config option to disable backpack loot. Need to make the crafting recipe of this bag more expensive too maybe with potions.

Reactions: novarek

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Yes the bat backpack is op. Will see if there is a config option to disable backpack loot. Need to make the crafting recipe of this bag more expensive too maybe with potions.
a
Hahaha :) this idea with potions is puckish&funny :) I like it.
With so OP items dont restrain yourself with evil scripts.

T

TheLunarHydra

Was looking in NEI for once I got a smeltery to see if I could use my tin sand to make tin tools. I don't see recipes for ANY smeltery tool parts, is this a bug, and can you make TiC metal tools?

T

TheLunarHydra

Great, now I have to find copper before I can go to TiCo tools.. seriously, need to mine with GT flint tools till I find copper? ;-;

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
The good thing about TiC flint pick, easy to level up :). And I can bet you ll find iron before copper. :)

Last edited: