[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
I found something weird (new for me) .
Whenever I enter one specific chunk I am getting Slownes, Weaknes or Minning Fatique debuff. Sometimes all them together. Does anyone know what is this?

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
I found something weird (new for me) .
Whenever I enter one specific chunk I am getting Slownes, Weaknes or Minning Fatique debuff. Sometimes all them together. Does anyone know what is this?
If this is the chunk where your bbf or ebf or other Gt machines stands then it is pollution. Ic2 rubber suit helps against it. Pollution fades over time or build a filter multiblock and let it faster fades.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
If this is the chunk where your bbf or ebf or other Gt machines stands then it is pollution. Ic2 rubber suit helps against it. Pollution fades over time or build a filter multiblock and let it faster fades.

Ooo.. thats really new for me, and it explain everything. I have 3x bbf in this chunk working all the time. Thanks a LOT.
The downside, I have to reorganise my base now :(

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
I ve tried to find more information about pollution but there is very little. Does muffler block stop pollution on ebf? Can I use it on bbf? Which gregtech machines create pollution? I know, many questions, but before I post them here, I ve tried to find answers on internet, without luck.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
I ve tried to find more information about pollution but there is very little. Does muffler block stop pollution on ebf? Can I use it on bbf? Which gregtech machines create pollution? I know, many questions, but before I post them here, I ve tried to find answers on internet, without luck.
Yes you can't find anything because we run a own fork of Gt code. Try to experiment a bit with it. In lv/mv age you can do a scanner and see how much pollution a machine emitt.

Last edited:

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much for all your help. The modpack is great and modpack creator too ;).
And oh boy, this is REALLY ULTRA HARDCORE modpack, especially on the Thaumcraft side... but by that its fun ( hardship) as hell.
I tought I am experienced and carefull player, but so far I ve collected 12 mine own heads! And I am only touch MV chapter. I dont see myself getting to HV before end of next year ;) .
Well done Mr DreamMasterXXL, and for your devil scripts , you deserve to call you the Devil...
;)

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
Damn i want GT Skyblock without magic and sieving shit... but anyway will play this pack tonight or more)

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Dont worry about magic, there is no way to start any magic before you ll get quite far into gregtech. Believe me, I love Thaumcraft and I tried to play with that asap after I start new world and.... I am almost at MV stage and still cannot do too much with Thaumcraft, even if my progression was strictly to get into magic. No way.

T

TheLunarHydra

I'm beginning to play this pack. When I had to kill Minecraft, the next time I rebooted it forge decided it was fun to purposefully wait to do more operations to load MC. Any way to disable this?

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
I'm beginning to play this pack. When I had to kill Minecraft, the next time I rebooted it forge decided it was fun to purposefully wait to do more operations to load MC. Any way to disable this?

What you exactly mean. Need some forge log to can say more. This pack is huge with over 200 mods and need a long time to load. Between 5-15 mins depends in your computer specs.

T

TheLunarHydra

Not at my PC right now but I'll do my best to explain. I've allocated 4.5Gb to the pack, and it usually loads in five minutes. However, after I had to kill Minecraft what I stated above happen. By this, I mean that at one point while my instance was loading I couldn't open the window (normal, I know.) About a minute later, I still couldn't. So I took a peek at the log, and the last message looked like:
EDIT: [07:49:34] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: If your Log stops here, you were too impatient. Wait a bit more next time, before killing Minecraft with the Task Manager.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not at my PC right now but I'll do my best to explain. I've allocated 4.5Gb to the pack, and it usually loads in five minutes. However, after I had to kill Minecraft what I stated above happen. By this, I mean that at one point while my instance was loading I couldn't open the window (normal, I know.) About a minute later, I still couldn't. So I took a peek at the log, and the last message looked like:
EDIT: [07:49:34] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: If your Log stops here, you were too impatient. Wait a bit more next time, before killing Minecraft with the Task Manager.
You need to actually heed that message. I have no idea how your machine managed to load a complex GT pack in five minutes, but that's way faster than most people enjoy. Mine's probably closer to 7 minutes, and 10+ minutes is very common for many players.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... so my comp is still not bad :). Loading time is 4min 33sec including texturepack :). But the hardship start stright after loading game ;). I ve collected 15 heads. Mine own heads. But to be honest, most (I think 10÷12), because I was brave enough (stiupid) to go to dungeons. And , oh boy, all the blazes spawn as boses?

T

TheLunarHydra

Yes, it loads around 5-6 minutes give or take.
Yeah, you're sort of right :p

EDIT: not to brag, but it loads in 4.5 minutes and stops itself from loading (thanks to forge :rolleyes:) for around 1 minute 12 seconds. I'm surprised as I tried loading InfiTech 2 and it didn't load after 15 minutes

EDIT 2 (to not doublepost): At a standstill in my world. I'm trying to get the neccesary resources for some slightly better tools and such, but am stuck with my one torch and mining is a pain with this limitation. Any way to make more earlygame? (I've pondered Coke Oven though it's too expensive right now...)

EDIT 3: Got 5 torches from Carrot quest.

EDIT 4: Is it safe to remove AngerMod/SpecialMobs/Infernal Mobs? Honestly not a sucker for these types of mods.

Last edited:

novarek

Jul 29, 2019

EDIT: not to brag, but it loads in 4.5 minutes and stops itself from loading (thanks to forge :rolleyes:) for around 1 minute 12 seconds. I'm surprised as I tried loading InfiTech 2 and it didn't load after 15 minutes

EDIT 2 (to not doublepost): At a standstill in my world. I'm trying to get the neccesary resources for some slightly better tools and such, but am stuck with my one torch and mining is a pain with this limitation. Any way to make more earlygame? (I've pondered Coke Oven though it's too expensive right now...)

EDIT 4: Is it safe to remove AngerMod/SpecialMobs/Infernal Mobs? Honestly not a sucker for these types of mods.

Welcome in a brutal world :)

I am not a fan of infernal mobs etc. but after few weeks playing this modpack I get used to. And to be honest, what is the fun if you can kill all the mobs just after 2-3 minecraft days, with simple sword and very poor armor. It is not a challenge. With tech/magic progression you ll have very powerfull armor/weapon which will not be a problem to fight any mobs later on. But this is point of this pack. Progression. Hard work for reward. In my first post on this forum I asked about Anger mobs as well, and now I am glad I didnt remove it or change anything in the pack. Its just fun.
If I can give you advice, just forget at the moment about minning, until you ll get yours coke ovens up and runnig. Simply, follow the quest book it is very helpful.
And good luck ;)

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
And one tip.
Do not open basic reward bags, collect them and exchange for higher tier bags

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com

Removing a mod possibly make the pack unplayable or get you unexpected crashes. On my Server we play on hard mode. Not sure if you play sp or mp. Try to play in normal mode maybe.

T

TheLunarHydra

Ok, I was just wondering because I almost got killed by a SpecialMobs mini skeleton, then two minutes later a SpecialMobs wolf. I guess I'll just have to get used to it, but thanks!

As for the Loot Bag quest, that's reasonable. I know because I ended up getting 32 of every dye type from 2 basic loot bags consecutively.
Good news? If I kill some pigs, then free Epic Bacon!

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, nothing better than bacon, Epic Bacon.
Yeah.. Special mobs are brutal, I still try to pass them whenever I see them and I can.
As loot bags I found out really usefull and good are tier 2 and up. So even steam bags I exchanged for them, and it was worth it
:).