[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MarcinSc

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone post a video/screenshot/explanation of how to run electric blast furnace using LV? I've been trying multiple approaches and setups and always the Aluminium Dust is lost and nothing is output.

The biggest setup I've tried (unsuccessful), was running it off of 6 turbines, connected to 4 LV hatches (pair of 3 to 2 setups), fed by a large bronze pipe of steam from an iron tank full of steam.

I remember that in the long lost past when I used GT, I was able to run it from 2 battery boxes (8 LV batteries each), but they require lead, and I'm having trouble finding it.

Any help is appreciated.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
I had some troubles too. I tell u, how I did manage. First, u r right, u need 4 LV energy hatches, then I sticked one 4slots battery buffer to each hatch. I am not sure, but I think u need 2 batteries at each buffer (I had 4) at least. Between LV steam turbines (4 in my case) I had another one 4 slots buffer filled up with batteries. With this set up I smelted around stack of aluminium. Remember, you ll need quite a lot steam for that. I ve built Bronze Steam Boiler outputting into 5×5×8 railcraft steel tank.

Probably, you ll need to find silver/lead vein in TF.

Edit:
Dont forgot to make battery hulls in Assembling Machine, will cost half of lead/antimony. And btw, looks like we live quite close to each other ;)

Last edited:
T

Tirec

You need at least 5 generators and 3 hatches, no need for battery buffers if you can run the generators all the time. I used nitro-diesel with diesel gens because it has crazy EU value compared to lv batteries. If you have less generators or can't run them for a long time you will need some battery buffers.

As for your setup, I'm almost certain that the large bronze pipe is the problem. You need ~376mb steam/tick for 5 turbines and a large bronze pipe can only carry 240mb/tick, not to mention the weird splashing thing GT fluid pipes do without shutter covers.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Stainless steel can be made in mv age.
.... but how? Smelting stainless dust in EBF require 480EU/t.
At this point, the one and only way I see, is getting 4 MV hatches.
Am I right? Or I missed something

Edit: Does anyone know, how much fluid can autooutput Railcraft steel valve fitted in the bottom layer?
I ve connected Large steel pipe (9600mb) and looks like the valve cannot output constant 9600 mb, it is flickering between 9600 and 5600mb.

Last edited:
F

FinalPantasy

I just gotta say, this mod pack is great. I'm only at the beginning of Tier 0.5, but peaking around the quests, and watching Let's Plays, I can see that it's a great stepping stone to actually learning the mods. I used to play modded Minecraft, I think around 1.2 to 1.4, and learned through watching hundreds of hours of Direwolf20 and mod spotlights, but now I can actually play the game and progress at my own pace.

Awesome, awesome pack. Thank you so much for your hard work and really looking forward to the future updates you make!

cipher101

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having bad time with server, I even made a forge one but questing is not working for some reason.
After you join the server and you get 16 dirt, you hear sound and on screen info telling you that you did that quest, but when you open the book it's incomplete and detect manual will not do anything.

What are we doing wrong here?

I made server with forge (forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-universal) just to see will anything change, but its same.

PS
On my single player world I am about to enter Lich castle.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
I'm having bad time with server, I even made a forge one but questing is not working for some reason.
After you join the server and you get 16 dirt, you hear sound and on screen info telling you that you did that quest, but when you open the book it's incomplete and detect manual will not do anything.

What are we doing wrong here?

I made server with forge (forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-universal) just to see will anything change, but its same.

PS
On my single player world I am about to enter Lich castle.
Try to reload the Quests /bq_admin default load.

Reactions: cipher101

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
What does do Reputation in the Quest Book?
Better Questing using minecraft Score system wich I don't use. Hqm has a nice Reputation system but we using Better Questing because of to many auto resets because the save file was a biniry file. On GTNH we using coins as reputation. I just working on it make coins better useable. (Unlock Quest chapter, buy some items)

cipher101

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I will be giving up on a server as quests will not reset for us (stuck on 1st quest).
I will continue single player though as this is one EPIC pack.
Thanks again for the pack.

Edit:
When in 3rd Party Modpacks, try using lowercase "gtnh" (no quotes), that worked for me when I added it.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Working on an Update 1.3.0.0 so more Quests, Bugfixes and new Lootbags will be included soon.

Lootbags for Forestry, Space, and Bees

New Coins: Forestry, Space, Adventure, Survival, Bess

New Quest: LV Age i sorting a bit and add new Quests, new Forestry Quests, Space Quests will follow.

Reactions: novarek
S

Space_pioneer

I ran into trouble, which forced me to quit playing on your modpack. After exiting the game and re-entering the game, all quests cleared. It was repeated several times. Please fix it or tell me what to do?
Re-downloading modpack and creating a new world didn't help.
P. S. I Advise you to use HQM, not Better Questing, because HQM is much more convenient to use and not so buggy.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
I ran into trouble, which forced me to quit playing on your modpack. After exiting the game and re-entering the game, all quests cleared. It was repeated several times. Please fix it or tell me what to do?
Re-downloading modpack and creating a new world didn't help.
P. S. I Advise you to use HQM, not Better Questing, because HQM is much more convenient to use and not so buggy.
This thing you describe happend all the time after update on Server with HQM. HQM saving the quest in a non readable non edit able binary file. The New version 5 change to json but sadly not available for 1.7.10.
https://github.com/lorddusk/HQM/pull/218
Normaly when you start a new Game the Quest files are generated in your save folder (progression/quests and party) Did you play on a Server or on sp ? Which version do you using (newest is 1.2.1.0)? I play the pack in survival too and not have any issue. Maybe your save game is corrupted by exit the game. I save from time to time my mc save folder for make backups but never had a quest reset. (try if you entering the first time /bq_admin default load) i hope this info helps.