1.7.10 FTB Pack News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
1.7.10 packs are in the works. @Eyamaz has had an unfortunate computer fire which may cause some delay on the tech packs.

4 FTB packs are currently planned:

• Magic pack - no tech mods. Lots of mystical lore and quests
  • FTB Lite 3 : Lightweight foundation pack. Somewhere between 5-10 content adding mods with tutorial quests.
  • Tech pack - tech factory mods. May have quests
  • Super Duper Secret pack Eyamaz has been hinting at. The lore continues. More quests more tweaks more fun.
Magic and Lite will be my babies this time while Eyamaz will be doing Tech and the Secret pack. I will probably stick my nose into the secret pack at some point.

For Magic and Lite and my personal packs, development will proceed as follows:

• Alpha - no quests no major tweaks. - Break the mods find bugs, make sure there's nothing that would mean a mod needs pulled.
  • Beta - Hello tweaks and basic quests - More breaking needed, recipe testing, and quest path progression testing
  • Stable - Full release with full tweaks, quests and evilness.
While I will try to ensure no world resets are needed between any of the stages, it is possible that going from Alpha to Beta may lose some mods and you may want to restart. If you want to make sure nothing will change/break or require a reset, wait till Stable.

The 1.7.10 packs will be some of the most detailed packs FTB has ever done. They will not be just a group of almost compatible mods thrown together with a few basic quests. There will be storylines that cross reference other packs and lore and tweaks and all sorts of gameplay additions. Old familiar mods will be back along with some new friends.

Eyamaz may do his pack development differently. I am sure he'll comment on any differences.

I do not know when DW20 will be ready to do a pack. But we have a team to handle the third party packs maintained by FTB. When he's ready I am sure he'll tweet it out.

Will there be a pack that combines tech and magic? Yes

Will there be a pack that throws every popular mod at a wall and hopes they almost work together? No

You want a pack where people just throw every mod they can load without crashing in a folder... you don't need a modpack team to do it for you.

Do NOT ask for ETA's or modlists. Doing so may get you timed out from the forums. We'll let you know when they are ready for you to start breaking them.

NO YOU MAY NOT HAVE AN ETA.

Last edited:

Blu_B0lt

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see that steampunky factory type pack, is that planned further down the line as far as packs go?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see that steampunky factory type pack, is that planned further down the line as far as packs go?

That's a personal pack of mine. Not all the packs I create are FTB packs.

There are FTB packs I create, and there are packs I create and put on the FTB launcher.

Ag Skies, Magic Farm, Austere Fantasy, Flower Power and Steam Revolutions are all personal packs I have made or have plans for.

Blood N Bones is Eyamaz's pack. Also not an FTB pack... and as a side note he should be asleep not liking posts on forums :p

Last edited:

Scott Wears

Jul 29, 2019
HQM seems to greatly contribute to where mod packs and modded play is heading in the future. When we started with it last year we could never have anticipated that.

Same as Vswe We had no idea it would become so Big and we appreciate the attention and enthusiasm everyone has for HQM <3[DOUBLEPOST=1407151885][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Can we ask for ETG's ? estimated time to GLOMPS ?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Same as Vswe We had no idea it would become so Big and we appreciate the attention and enthusiasm everyone has for HQM <3[DOUBLEPOST=1407151885][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Can we ask for ETG's ? estimated time to GLOMPS ?

Glomps happen when you least expect them...

/me tackle glomps the HQM devs :p

SeanWcom

Jul 29, 2019
Is it done yet? :D

Haha, kidding obviously. Great work guys, love the work you do. 1.7.10 made it easy for the masses (aka, me) to create a "pack" but you guys continue to excel at making them shine.

Quick question, I hope you don't mind me asking here. Since item/block ID's are gone with 1.7+, will you continue to do the global configs as you have in the past? I find value in that just from the tweaks you make throughout to help the mods mesh better, not just the id conflict resolution that you solved in 1.6.

Thanks!

mindlesspuppetz

Jul 29, 2019
Just because item/block IDs are now gone, does not mean BIOME/DIM IDs and other common config settings have gone away. I am pretty sure they still have global configs ready and waiting for them hidden away somewhere.

And keep up the great work! I look forward to what the FTB Team prepares for us, especially the lovely, juicy, evilness that awaits us.

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
The 1.7.10 packs will be some of the most detailed packs FTB has ever done. They will not be just a group of almost compatible mods thrown together with a few basic quests. There will be storylines that cross reference other packs and lore and tweaks and all sorts of gameplay additions. Old familiar mods will be back along with some new friends.

This fills me with Evil Glee.

Going forward, will you be looking for devs to be adding more lore to their mods and/or nudging things around to fit into your story/quest lines if they're hoping for inclusion on a pack? Not requiring it, so much as hoping for/working better with?

Just wondering what your rough plans are on that front. (If there are any.)

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
That'd be when the computer belonged to someone you don't like.
Haha. True true!
I keep waking up.

:shrug:
Jaded is right you know. (Like she always is :p)

Stop doing that. Go to sleep.
Just a question Jaded? Why do you care so much, its funny because from what I'm reading it sounds like your an old married couple :p
These forums are just the best sometimes. Love the work the FTB has put into the packs and how much time you guys spend on it! Can't wait for 1.7.10 packs.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
That's a personal pack of mine. Not all the packs I create are FTB packs.

There are FTB packs I create, and there are packs I create and put on the FTB launcher.

Ag Skies, Magic Farm, Austere Fantasy, Flower Power and Steam Revolutions are all personal packs I have made or have plans for.

Blood N Bones is Eyamaz's pack. Also not an FTB pack... and as a side note he should be asleep not liking posts on forums :p

Any clues as to what these packs entail?

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
So no giant Monster / Ultimate type pack planned at this point. I guess I will have to stick to tech or magic for a bit, not do both in one world, but I'm totally fine with that.

But another super dark modpack from Eyamaz?! I'm really excited now!! And somewhat scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.